1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cleo almost killed a Boxer..

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pink_princess, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Posted this on PBC a few days ago, and thought I'd post here too, just to share my first ever experience with a dog fight. :)
    My (almost) 10 month old AmBully bitch got into it with a Boxer mix.

Early this morning, the neighbors female Boxer came running up to our house. Cleo stayed on her chain spot last night and I was outside fixing to let her off to put her in our fence. Well here comes this Boxer, a little over a year, and I'm guessing weighing probably close to 60, 65lbs hauling ass towards us. I WAS SCARED TO DEATH! The damn thing, I swear looked and acted like it had rabies, but it really didnt lol. When it got to us, it stopped about mmmm maybe five or so feet from us, and started barking and growling. At the time Cleo was still attached to her chain spot, barking with the hair down the middle of her back raised. I have NEVER seen her like this EVER! She gets along with everyone and everything except cats and this one dog! I was standing by Cleo absolutely scared to death trying to find a stick or something so I could at least try to scare the Boxer away. And then, the dog comes after me! She tries to jump up and bite me on my arm, but I stumble back and fall. She is then in the reach of Cleo.. As soon as that dog got close enough to her Cleo grabbed the side of her muzzle. Around the time they made contact, my other neighbor right across the street, came out of his house. As soon as I seen him, I told him to grab his rifle. He comes out a few seconds later, got on his 4 wheeler and road full speed over to us. By this time, Cleo has the Boxer by the top of the neck, moving towards her head. There was blood EVERYWHERE!! I didnt know if it was from Cleo, or the Boxer and I was freaking the hell out! I had never seen anything like this in my entire life! And all of this was taking place while Cleo was still on the chain! My neighbor tried hitting them both with a stick before he used the gun. It worked and the boxer let go, but Cleo was still hanging on. I told him to hit Cleo with it, and do anything he possibly colud to get her to let go and after a few hard hits to the muzzle she let go. It was finally over! The neighbor took the Boxer away so all of Cleo's attention wasnt focused on her, and I finally got to get a good look at Cleo's wounds. She has a gash to her front leg, and bite marks on her face. I was so glad she was ok.. I left Cleo to go check on the Boxer, and Lord she looks horrible. She was tore open on her neck, her chest, under her right front leg like her underarm, both front legs, one back leg, and had deep puncture wounds on her head and muzzle. She was breathing heavy. I contacted her owner, and told him the whole story with my neighbor by my side as the witness. He, very surprisingly took it better than expected. I told him to keep his damn dog in his yard, except i didnt say it so kindly. He said he was sorry, and I almost unwillingly accepted. I'm so relieved that the law wasnt involved. They would have somehow found a way to blame it all on Cleo, just because they THINK she's a "pitbull". When I got back home, I went out there to Cleo's chain spot... and just hugged her, crying my eyeballs out.. I thanked her for protecting me, I guess you could call it. I set out there for it felt like forever just loving on her and giving her big hugs and kisses. Then, I brought her in and cleaned the dirt out of her front leg and wrapped it up. It doesnt look too bad, so she should be fine. Ahh, I love this little dog more than words can explain. She's truely my heart dog.

Cleo wounds..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not that good of pics, they were taken with a cell.
    All I got though, and figured yall would wanna see them anyways. :)

2. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Learn how to use a got damn break stick for christ sake.

3. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Good girl Cleo!!!! You might want to invest in a break stick though. Also, noticed you said she gets along with other animals.........wouldn't recommend letting her around other animals anymore. You've seen what she can do. ;)

4. I know, the PBC crowd told me the same!
    I ordered one ;)

Thanks yardboy :)

5. Sapper

Sapper Pup

That dog looks like it has been hit with a truck.

6. Nope, no truck..
    Just Cleo. ;)

Feel bad for her though, she's still in rough shape. :(

7. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I think you should leave the wound instead of wrapping it. Interesting story that boxer dog got proper fucked.

8. Yeah, it's unwrapped now.. :)
    Starting to scab up pretty good.

9. Rampage

Rampage Big Dog

I've had a accident too but I didn't feel the need to brag about what my dog did. Not good for the breed!

10. RRL

RRL Top Dog

Ditto!!!!!

11. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Some how it doesn't sound like bragging, just stating what happend... Everyone has had yard wrecks, some come here asking for advice and it's given dog heals and everyone moves on without batting an eye... it comes with the breed. BTW I hear colloidal silver is good for wound treatment.

12. Colossus

Colossus Big Dog

i know the majority of people (in the world) don't know the difference between a Ambully and APBT, but i think that the "majority" here on Game-dog.com knows what the difference is and i don't think that she hurts the breed (APBT) here when she tell us that her Ambully had a fight JMO. i also don't think she brags about it seems to me that it was a new experience for her and she wanted to share what she witnessed.

13. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Just like most everybody does after their first yard wreck.

14. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

Yes that is exactly why I closed the thread on the other forum. It turned into a brag fest.

While it is great that Cleo protected you. But what exactly are you looking for by posting pics of the damage on multiple forums? Do you realize how this looks to an outsider?

15. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

She might still be running on adrenaline y'all have been in the dogs for years this is her FIRST EVER yard wreck and it's with an AmBully that ain't supposed to be DA (based on the fact they are breeding away from it) and it's her pet You tellin me you didn't yell from the hilltops the VERY FIRST TIME your dog did something you never really expected? I know a couple members on here did the very same thing and nobody batted an eye... but then g-d is changing.

16. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

As far as "how it looks to an outsider" does that mean we should dress our dogs up in tutus and deny the damage that is possible when they get into it? Maybe the post would be looked at as "maybe I SHOULDN"T take my (pit bull) to the dog park if that's what they do." Or "maybe I SHOULDN'T get that cute poor little (pit bull) puppy because I don't think I can handle a dog like that." *shrug* who knows how an outsider would look at it. What I DO know is the fewer people that have these dogs the happier I'll be... Nobody can deny that up to this point princess has been a reasonably responsible owner, she has ordered her break stick (which she should have had from the time the dog's mouth was big enough to use it on" but at the end of the day she's still new to the breed and still needs some mentoring.

17. Oldskool Brent

Oldskool Brent Top Dog

So the boxer/mix attacked you, but you went over to check on it after the fight? And you also got within 5 feet of it to snap a picture? Seems odd to me. If my neighbors dog attacks me, I'll go over there, go over there to tell him he has 2 options, he kills it or I do.

18. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

Wonder how many "yard accident" threads i could find??

Shes not the the first person to post about something like this, she learned her lesson she ordered a breakstick. And about how a outsider would view this i can think of several current and past threads that outsiders would look a whole hell of a lot worse to outsiders than this.

19. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

Do you SEE the dog Oldskool, do you expect the sumbitch to jump up and try to get at her as chewed up as it is? Actually she's doing the right thing (the boxer owners ain't even trying to make her pay vet bills or have Cleo killed or nothing) by going over being neighborly and making sure the dog is okay.

20. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone Big Dog

oops i dont have a break stick and i have a very DA dog. I am a carpenter can i just make one out of a piece of hardwood, and where can i find picks of well made wooden ones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.