1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Cali jack

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by crushbones, Jan 13, 2011.

1. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

The book is worth the money if one uses the 'money savings' section. It is a really good book for the newer person in the dogs and a pretty good book for those who have been around for awhile.

The majority of books written, especially books of instruction, (like text books), are a compilation of information from others. The difference between those type books and the Pit Bull Bible is there is not a 'credits' section. No footnotes dictating where or who provided the information.

In the mid-70's we were using the one sheet of plywood dog boxes for the Redbone and English coon hounds. That information was out there long before Jack came along. Back then it was passed along from person to person via conversation. The internet now has all that stuff floating around and someone can easily 'research, copy and paste' in order to compile useful information. Personally, I applaud jack for compiling that information and putting it all in one place. If he knocks down a dollar or two by doing so, then more power to him, it is the American way.

As far as the winning percentages I have a lot of doubts and I will not even factor in the dogs involved. Since he bred a lot of dogs and by his own admission he did not do a lot of dogs. In order to make that 87% clip means he would have had to place those dogs in the hands of others. Basically he would have to find outstanding homes/outstanding working homes for every 9 out of 10 dogs he produced. 9 out of every 10 people that buy house plants can't keep them alive so to expect 9 of 10 to take a puppy from 8 weeks to box success is more than a stretch.

Then one would have to define 'turn out'. Does 9 of 10 turn out to be winners? game? producers of winners? producers of game? have testicle and uterus parts to have puppies?

The book is great but the 87% clip is a stretch. S

2. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

wait......wtf.....really?

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....is it true ...he's ..bringing out a "POP UP BOOK"..for newbies....lol...lol...agree with what tdk saying..if ya sort out the wheat from the chaff..the book can be a good guide...concerning various things......as for gameness %%%..if he is getting that high in litters...why have'nt everybody got them....one thing for sure %%% off gameness these days..has dropped....anyway good for him if he makeing $$$ for supply+demand....

4. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

WOW well said brother, I'm glad you can still through the haze of BS. Sad others can't. John showed 4 dogs in his life and lost with all 4. Poncho was suppose to won one off the chain but later in a condition show he was picked up on the 8 count. Where all of a sudden did this so called wisdom come from,,,,,,,,,,OTHERS! i.e. Basic Care Kit.

5. Bones1

Bones1 Big Dog

I asked Jack if there was a report on the Gringo/Truman match I could read. Called me an idiot because I didn't take his side as "the truth". Does anyone know if there is a report? I heard he kicked the oppente in that one. You know anything about that IM?

6. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

LOL If that was on his site I saw that. That was funny.

7. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LOL Jack must have good wind. Good lord, to be able to toot one's own horn that constantly, he must do lots of aerobics. LMAO

8. M.T

M.T Pup

The % is from dogs shown, not every dog of his that has ever been born. Jack claims 87% of his dogs that makes it to the [ ] will either win or prove to be game.

9. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That's a pretty exact number there. :lol:

10. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Jack went form 100% to 87% because he felt 87% would be more believable LMAOROTF.

11. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

LOL If I were to be one to buy dogs, I'd much rather not buy someone's who claims a ridiculously high % of gameness because I know that to be so high according to that person that he or she just isn't checking them well enough and proclaims gameness short of where he or she should.

I'd much rather get a dog from someone who claims 25% and that I know runs them deep in order to know. Some things, if not transparent, are at least translucent enough to somewhat see through.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015
  12. slim12

I think it was posted before and if so, I'm repeating, but if the numbers were that high over the volumes of dogs then every one would have one. Regardless of selection in sales and placement. every one would have one. This game was built on winners and preserved by the production of gameness. At the 89.7% success rate there would really be no need to shop or use anywhere else.

And as far as the percentage being base doff dogs shown, they win or prove game, is very deceptive to say the least. I would think if they have made the grade to be shown they will have already proved game. ( with the exception of those who use the first one as the game check but not a lot of people really do that and the ones that do it is not all that often).

I will have to check but I believe he has said the percent is on dogs he bred but I will check.

The book is well worth the money. Regardless if he created/discovered the information or did research and compiled it. Once it has been gathered and placed in a book it becomes very valuable to both new and old. Most research and most instructional books are compilations from multiple sources. His book is no different. S

13. keystone

keystone CH Dog

both excist 25% and 75%
    75% sounds more intersting then 25%
    25 = 1 to 4
    75 =3 to 4
    if you breed with a line who has 75 you wil get btter dogs then when you breed with a line who has 25
    its al about understanding ..and that is coming witht he years

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

if somebody is saying i do 75% ..and you don't hardly/know ..much about him ...
    you have to check it .....

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

when somebody tels you his average fooling time ......you can know a lot of his dogs

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

John showed 4 dogs in his life and lost with all 4. Poncho was suppose to won one off the chain but later in a condition show he was picked up on the 8 count.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this is not telling much about the gamenes in the line ....meaby it tells more about his condition on that moment .

17. Mop Master

Mop Master Yard Boi AKA MopMaster, Gutter Boy & LWG

"The only reason you know how to cook meth is.......cuz somebody showed you.........."you aint no drug dealer!"........lmao.....

18. M.T

M.T Pup

"In actual contests, the record of my dogs in over 400 contests is an ~87% win and a 92% win-or-show-game record. Overall, only 13% of my dogs that compete lose and only 8% of them lose by quitting."

A direct quote from Jack that was posted earlier in the thread. From the quote it looks like the 87% consists of dogs from his bloodline that have won from 400 shows, the win or prove game percentage is actually higher at 92% (or so he claims).

19. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....hell...i can't belive how jealous..you guys are......lol............

20. slim12

I will go with that.

On another board I tried to get him to define 'my dogs' and of course I was berated for simply asking a question. Is that the dogs he bred himself or is that dogs he sold and were later bred by others? Or, when bred to the Mayday dogs was it his dogs who carried them or vice-versa? Or was it the RBJ dogs? etc. etc.

There are a ton of secrets in these dogs and a ton of kennel blindness and a ton of self-detrimental egos in this game but one thing that goes across the board is that the game gravitates to winners. If that many winners were out there from one family a ton more people would be using those dogs.

And when dogs win at that percentage or are game at that percentage the peddlers always show up. Look at Red Boy dogs. Because so many Red Boy dogs in the beginning were game people gravitated to the line. In a hugely contradicting statement I will way the line has been watered down by there being so many pure Red Boy dogs being bred.

If the VG dogs were doing all that has been said, either one of the two things would be happening, everyone would have one or a ton more people would be peddling them.

Those numbers are a stretch. S