1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bloodlines who never had fight ???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Ada, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Ada

Ada Pup

Hey everyone,i am new here , i dont know much about apbt or staffs..For future i think of buying an apbt, but i want to know if is there any bloodlines who had not been into any games..
    Hence i dont know much about this breed i want to own very calm and sweet bloodline who never had fight..i want a show dog ..
    i also own a dogo arg.,she is a sweetheart too..
    i want my pit to get on well with everyone ,kids, babies ,dogs ,cats etc..
    i think of prefering a female..
    what would you recommend me about this breed and bloodline..
    i ' ll be glad if anyone can answer..
    Thanx..

2. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

get an Amstaff or a American Bully

3. Ada

Ada Pup

but they are kinda fat arent they ?

4. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

IMO, this post deserves no reply. Do a little research before posting next time? APBT's make the best pets as far as dogs are concerned, hands down. But many of them are extremely dog aggressive. I agree with the previous poster, don't get a Pit Bull.

5. Jeep/Redboy

Jeep/Redboy Big Dog

AmStaffs are good looking show dogs, but yes Bully's are fat and worthless. IMO, they should be banned.

6. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Bloodline could not have gone far without fight. so i sugest a conditioned amstaff.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

why do u want a dog that was created to fight if you want an unaggressive dog? thats the dumbest shit i ever heard. get an adult dog that way you will kno the dogs temperament rather than a pup that is gonna end up pts or in the pound bc u cant control it

8. Ada

Ada Pup

1st of all i like dogs for shows.i like good looking thin and good tempered dogs.
    2nd i know pits are great dogs and always good with ppl , but i want to have the best i can that have no fight in his past.thats my chioce.
    i want my dog to do things like agility etc.dont need agressiveness.

9. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Your shit out of lucky getting a APBT that doesnt have some sort of fight in its ped, and that drive itself, like others have said Amstaff.

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

While there are INDIVIDUAL Pit Bulls and Am Stafs that have zero dog and/or animal aggression, it is hard to predict and there would be no guarantees.

It sounds like it is VERY important to you that your dog be absolutely guaranteed to never want to fight. THEREFORE, I would NOT recommend either an Am Staf or a Pit Bull. And please, pay no attention to those dogs called "american bullies". Please. They are an abomination and do not deserve any legitimacy at all.

I think you need to look at breeds that are known for not being so animal aggressive and are more likely to get along in a group of animals -- something like a Golden Retriever, Basset Hound, some of the sighthounds, etc...

Dreamer

11. Ada

Ada Pup

then i want to ask something , if i own an apbt which is calm and friendly,is there any possibility for her to change into an agressive dog in unexpected time because of her family's game history ?

12. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

Calm and friendly towards what? It think you need to do some reserch before posting questions like this.

13. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

One too many episodes of the Dog Whisperer me thinks :o

14. Ada

Ada Pup

Dear Dream thanks for your answer . i already own dogo argentino who is very dominant but at the same time good with cats and all others..i know how to handle ,but i am a bit far to apbt ,thats why i wanted to learn somethings who know very much about this breed..
    i personally dont like that kind of dogs like goldens , actually i love all animals , but i would not prefer that kind of lazy dogs..i love athletics :)
    american bullies look cute but not good for my aim , love to see muscles but not fat ..i wouldnt prefer it ..

15. Ada

Ada Pup

Dear MISSAPBT, calm at social areas,at home , friendly to all living creatures ;)

16. green machine

green machine Top Dog

yes it all depends on the dog, an APBT can turn on at any time during its life.

I recommend a standard poodle.

17. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

You could have a cold dog for many many years, at it could turn 'on' anytime just like GM said

18. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

LOL no such thing as a APBT with no history of fight. Go get whippet or greyhound

19. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

Why is it that so many people want a Sheep in Wolf's Clothing?
    They want the look of a Pitbull and the temperment of a Labrador......
    This type of ignorance is the cause of almost all pitbull attacks.

20. Bobby Rooster

Bobby Rooster CH Dog

What you want is essentially a contradiction in terms. The ApBT was a breed created for mortal canine combat. You would be very hard pressed to find a true to type ApBT with absolutely no dog aggression and no risk to fight. Those types of dogs aren't bred much. If they are bred for just looks, more times than not they are built stocky and heavy in weight. What you want is like wanting a bloodhound that does not want to smell and track... Or a sheep dog that does not want to guard it's flock, no point in getting a Ferrari and go only 25mph down the interstate.