1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

wolf cross game dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by masta of game, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

im not gonna get all technical.for one im not schooled enough to.but most wolfs arent all that big.some are 175 but there rare and ya compare that to a 30 pound dog equals death but the average wieght is under 100 for most

2. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

you seem to think larger equals better i know for a fact that doesnt.im half the man i was 5 years ago but ill tell you this i look like your average american guy 6ft 230 ish on average and benched well over 500 pounds and routinly did seated milatary presses of 400ish pounds.not once or dreaming i competed and my grandfather is in his 70s and still benches in the 4,s.the point of this isnt bragging but it leads up to i was a big time street fighter bar fighter angry man what ever you want to call it and beat meany bigger guys then my self .size dont mean shit and the truth is my most challenging fights were with guys that werent big at all sure i beat them but i whooped many a big guy and said holy shit im gonna have to kill this lil guy to stop him

3. he is sam

he is sam Pup

American wolves on average are about 125 lbs and large males can surpass that size. Dogs that are infamous for handing wolves are those European mastiff-type dogs. Luckily for them, they best the smaller, 70-100 lb Eurasian wolves. The mastiff-type dogs are typically outweigh the smaller wolves. With jaws that deadly, it doesn't matter if it isn't "game" or anything else in between. When they bite, it'll take a lot of damage. Some flock owners equip those large mastiffs with spike collars to protect their dog's neck for the wolf's teeth.

One more thing to keep in mind is that wolves are about 30% more intelligent than domesticated canines. The most primitive breeds generally are more intelligent than those who have been evolving for some type (like bully breeds for example.) I guess one could put smart bulldog on a wolf and see how that goes but most likely it'll just end in disaster with a single hold from the wolf. They don't wrestle or exchange holds. They attack with an intent to kill, to maim their opponent, attack, etc. It's not uncommon for them to "side-step" a rushing target and simply grasp the flank. They are calculating creatures. They have to be. They are hunters. They need greater intelligence to provide for themselves compared to dogs who rely on humans.

In terms of fighting, bar none, the domesticated combat breeds take the cake. With adaptations such as loose skin, a more flexible spine and shoulders (that enables the dog to wrestle, twist and turn it's body in positions wolves simply cannot do) and sheer guts, they are formidable.

4. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

im not saying a wolf cant beat a game dog but if i had a good dog.id bet my bank account on a game dog if that sort of thing was legal.i dont study wolf but did look up size and the only place i saw they can average over a 100 was alaska.just keep in mind the say they take down mosse or carabo which im sure they do as a pack.but they dont bite back they run

5. he is sam

he is sam Pup

Not exactly. I know for a fact those large mastiffs that are set upon pitbulls in "matches" aren't "better." They're just larger dogs that are using their size to their advantage. I know for a fact that wolves cannot "fight" better than breeds of dog developed specifically for the task. Any phenotype of dog that even resembles a wolf is automatically inferior in reference to fighting because that is an inferior phenotype.

Man has altered the wolf's impressive fighting ability and improved it. However, with domestication, some features were lost. Jaw strength, teeth size, skull size and smarts. To make up for some of that, somehow the flesh surrounding the skull grew thicker and more elastic. So when grabbed, the dog can still maneuver himself and take hold of his opponent. Because of that, the dog itself needed to be more flexible and lithe while combating, another adaptation for fighting.

I strongly believe that breeds developed for a task need to continue to do so. Those primitive mastiff breeds combating wolves and other wildlife to protect live stock are so good at what they do that they have changed little compared to the bulldog family. Probably because wildlife has changed little. With bulldogs, it's different. Since the purpose of bulldogs are to fight the best of the best, the dogs are obviously evolving better and better than the previous generation before. It's only logical.

6. he is sam

he is sam Pup

I'd be more comfortable with my bet if the sizes were somewhat similar. At least the bulldog would have a chance at wrestling the brute down and keeping him there. Wolves appear to be poor wrestlers since they have no need for it.

Wolves are very careful to choose what prey to chase and go after. A strong, strapping prime bull would obviously knock the fuckers back into their den so they kill weaker animals. This is because if they are injured, they aren't going to have humans to tend to their wounds. They may appear to be cowards, but they are merely trying to save their skins. Although social hunters tend to be more bold than solitary ones.

On the other hand, stupid large game hunters aren't favorable either. You just don't want your hunting dog to take a hold of any area of the game, like boar for example. Now there's game wolves tend to avoid (predators in general). But then again, hunting dogs can put themselves in situations that wolves would never consider.

7. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

ive seen the you tube shit to and dont doubt it happens.size is an advantage.but if you ever seen a real apbt then you know those dogs are duds.im sure there pleanty of people that saw lil dogs whoop big dogs.i for one have from rotties to gsd to mastiffs.my big change of mind came a long time ago i thought big heads and size meant something till i saw this lil malnourished dog all about 28 pounds be carried to the box under the arm.to challenge a 46 pound killer.1 hour 47 minutes later that big dog was taken a courtesty scratch on his belly with broken teeth and broken legs and that lil dog still looked like a lil puppy as some that never seen bulldogs put it in the beggining

8. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

just read your post from 347.that sounds text book seriously just say a apbt can bite 200 psi and a wolf 400 who cares either is hard enough.if you can knock someone out with say 300 psi psi punch does it really matter if you hit 500 psi no.done is done ever see a wrestle whoop a boxer.you forget the who part about courage a wolf never had something come at it and say give me more.but do i believe a wolf could crush the life out of a lil bulldog yes.and i also belive a medium size bulldog 50ish pounds could shake the hunger outta that wolf

9. masta of game

masta of game Banned

u guys talk as if all pitbulls are game...

:rolleyes:

there are more curr then game ones

10. he is sam

he is sam Pup

Whatever you say, man.

11. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

true most pitbulls are curs.im sure most apbts are to but from what i know and have seen theres a huge difference in curs.

12. popper

popper CH Dog

you are wierd

13. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Valla que eres bruto lol, on a serious note, I too believe the apbt is the best at what it does pound4pound, key words here is pound4pound bruto, do you watch UFC, Bj penn is pound4pound the best in his weight class, if he went to battle with Brock Lesnar, who in my humble opinion is all brawn and no talent, Bj penn will go down.

14. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

i agree kinda.Brock would win im sure.Bj is a much better fighter.but brock isnt just all brawn he is a great wrestler and an awsome athlete.but still that comparison is way to simple.how many guys in the NFL do you think are bigger then Bj id say atleast 75 percent.now take the big football player and put him in the ring with Bj who you gonna put your money on?

15. he is sam

he is sam Pup

I wouldn't sleep on those large line backers. Fighting is never that simple...

16. Rojas

Rojas Big Dog

Yea , like this recently ex NFL player lol, I own a gamebred pitbull and love the breed, but it would be foolish for me to think that it needs cryptonite in order to loose a battle, on another note, Bj penn is the best at his weight class, there is a reason why there is weight classes in mma, just ask him how well his fight with GSP went................

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6jBEhK7uxc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  17. ELBRUTO75

ELBRUTO75 Pup

i never said a bulldog cant get beat.but hey what happened to Marcus in i believe his next fight wasnt that guy smaller.and come on do you think Marcus would beat Bj if they fought theres always that chance but id doubt it.

18. marshall619

marshall619 Top Dog

I didn't go thru all the posts. But to the OP, I see no positives to this cross, just an unstable canine and more curs to cull IMO.

19. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

Man what are you doin? As of late you been sayin some suspect shit. like you have changed. No one said all pit bulls are game. but when You are looking for a game dog this is the breed to get it from. If your looking to buy a Camaro you don't go to a Honda dealership....... Were is your head at lately man?

Vic

20. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

Vic why are you acting suprised?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.