1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

where can you find some lonzo dogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by dunga, Dec 10, 2009.

1. dunga

dunga Big Dog

thanks everyone for all the info .

2. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

actually i have they are sensitive i guess u could say they are also some of the smartest most wanting to please line as well :cool:

3. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

They definitely strive to please and i dont think many people understand the level of smarts that you can get from this line. Hell, two of mine can open closet doors, i had to put the child proofing on most of my house doors to keep them out. I havent worked with as many dogs from this line as you have, but they are so heavily inbred that one would expect to see the sensitivity, smarts and desire to please as an average trait from this line. JMO Thanks for the feedback MK.

4. You obviously have no clue about Lonzo's past breeding practices, nor have you kept up with what dogs which originated from his yard have done over the last 15 years, do your homework before you trash a line of dogs or that lines breeder. Lonzo has done more for the Pit Bull game than a lot of the so-called dog men of past or present. He actually took care of his dogs too, not just put them on a too short chain and chunked food to them. Lonzo had a lot of knowledge when it came to Pit Bulls period no matter what you think of him or what you have or havn't heard about his line of dogs. Until you have personally owned some of his purest strain and bred several generations and calculated the percentages you can't even speak on the subject,,period....

5. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I have had Lonzo & Lonzo crosses since 2001 & I love them. I have found them to be all-around dogs. I have seen them excel in pulling, conformation & family pet among other things. I have also found them to be very intelligent, quite strong, hard driving & heavy gripping dogs.

They are however as previously mentioned, very sensitive & family oriented dogs. They aren't the type you can just throw out on a chain & only spend time with it when you chuck food at it. I have one that if he cannot be with us, he will actually chew out of kennels just to be with us.

Lonzo dogs require a more dedicated owner. You have actually take time out & bond with Lonzo dogs. They get emotionally attached to their family & want to be with their handler. If they can't be with people they will become depressed, spooky or chain aggressive. Some Lonzo dogs have even been known to bite your pants (or worse yet your leg!) in an attempt to stop you from leaving their chain space if they think you haven't spent enough time with them! But once they bond to you, they'll give their all for you & what's more some of the more heavily bonded dogs will even protect you with their lives.

They can still be good working dogs &/or produce good working dogs IF you get your Lonzo blood from a breeder who still breeds working animals themselves. There are a lot of breeders who breed the Lonzo line just for the name or just for the look of the modern Lonzo dog (short & stocky). Just like anything, you have to research your breeders. If you buy from the wrong breeder you'll get junk.

Lonzo dogs can also be highly DA. Some mature more slowly than others. Some I had didn't become DA until 2-3 years. Then again, I had one who was highly DA at 4 mos. And because of their strong grip & DA tendencies, you have to be very responsible in how you keep these animals b/c if your Lonzo dog gets loose & ties up with another critter, odds are you'll lose whatever your Lonzo dog got on if your Lonzo dog is of any quality at all.

As for the Lonzo/Spaulding cross it was likely done b/c due to their strength & will to please, Lonzo dogs can be great pull dogs. But sadly, due to the Spaulding (Whopper) blood in the dog, it is not a purebred animal, but rather an APBT cross.

If anyone would like, PM me & I can show you some of my Lonzo dogs, bred off working stock. A lot of folks like to down the line, but I myself have been very pleased with it thus far.

Hope this helps.

Blessings all ...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  6. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Good post ABK, you hit the nail on the head!!!:D

7. Belcher256

Belcher256 Big Dog

ABK, just rembered ur site, your lonzo brindles are absolutely gorgeous, both the male and female

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Thank you PurePit & Belcher! :dogtongue:

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

no disrespect intended but i dont feel like I need a dog thats constantly PMS-ing
    :) I also dont feel like a well bred bulldog should have emotional issues or any issues of the sort...JMO though

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No disrespect taken. Some dogs work well for some, but not for others. The fact is, these dogs are just not for the lazy owner. Lonzo dogs are for those who will actually get off their fanny & to take the time & effort to work with their animals on a regular basis. I myself do not mind nurturing a dog & building a bond b/c more often than not, the more work you put in connecting with your charge, the better he will work for you.

Blessings ...

11. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I can understand and agree with that and its not that i dont spend time with my dogs and bond with them..believe me i do..Its just dogs that react bad to punishment (for example) and are shy or timid in general dont really seem like what a bulldog should be..I dont think a Bulldog should fear anyone. respect yes but a dog that fears you will bite you when your backs turned when one that respects you as his owner will be loyal and trust that you know whats best.

and that 1st post was more of a joke if i knew someone personally with well bred Lonzo dogs id try one out:)

12. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

I had a chance to get one a few years back an now i kick my self in the but for not getting it

13. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

These dogs are only shy & timid if undersocialized. That's why they have to be worked with. And that is not a Lonzo trait, but rather a canine trait. I'm sure you have seen dogs who had "chain brain" that would freak out as soon as they were taken off their chain.

I had an Eli gyp I got from someone who once off her chain wouldn't walk, tail tucked, had to be picked up to be put in the vehicle, the whole 9 yards. I worked with her to get her to come out of her shell & she is a 1xw catchdog now (in the hands of another person).

As for well bred Lonzo dogs, how 'bout this one? I think he's fairly well bred:

ADBA ped:

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [55676] :: WEAVER'S TIGER.

Breeder's ped:

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=168676

Here's another one I like:

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [106619] :: STANFIELD'S BLACK PREACHER

JMHO though. ;)

Blessings ...

14. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

i agree some nice looking dogs

15. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Nice working dogs as well, which is what really counts, at least IMO. I'll take one that's mule-butt ugly so long as he'll work. lol. ;)

Blessings ...

16. Tramplove

Tramplove Big Dog

ABK, Is TechDave still around? He had some good lonzo bred stuff.

17. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Yes. He had/has some very well bred stuff.

18. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I agree i was kinda under the impression from earlier posts that they were shy and timid regardless..if its just unsocialized dogs then i dont blame them..if i was put on a chain at a young age and the only time i saw anyone was when i was thrown dog food i imagine id bite a somebody too..but on another note i would be very picky as to where i got a Lonzo dog from..even more picky then i am with other lines:)

19. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

No, it's not all Lonzo dogs. I have had some that were naturally outgoing & others I had to work with. But most Lonzo dogs are intelligent animals & you cannot just toss an intelligent animal on a chain & not interact with it. If you do this with the Lonzo line (or any intelligent animal) you will get one of 3 things ...

- A depressed dog. What intelligent creature WOULDN'T get depressed if chained out & left all alone with no mental stimulation?

- A spooky dog, a result of not being around a lot of people & don't know what to expect!

- A chain aggressive dog. By chain aggression I mean one that will mouth or nip (& in some cases bite!) you to stop you from leaving them.

But I agree 110% about where you get a Lonzo bred dog from. There are a lot of breeders of the Lonzo line breeding for the name or for looks & not working ability. As a result, if you don't research the breeder & buy from the wrong person, you can get junk! However that can happen in any line. Lesson? Research your breeder before buying!

Blessings ...

20. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Yeah ive seen the 3rd in one of my dogs...when he was a young pup he wandered into a chain setup of an in heat gyp and got messed up real bad..so much to the point he had to be crated damn near 23 hours a day for a few months and he's not mean by any means but he's so active and hyper most people are scared of him (not dog people) because he's so physical and if you walk into his setup then try and leave he grabs your pants,shirt or whatever else he can get ahold of and trys to hold you there with him...its been hard to break him because he has so much natural wind its hard to tire him out enough to calm him..
    thanks for the great info though its been eye opening and much appriciated