1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

What's allowed?

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by AncientKulcha, Aug 6, 2008.

1. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

I'm planning on going to my first aadr show in sept. I was wondering can I walk my dog around or is it better to leave him at the house? Are there lots of vendors there? I've been to other shows that were at and like county fairs and others that were strictly showing and judging. Just wondering what this one will be like.

2. ColbyDogs

ColbyDogs Top Dog

I would reccomend if your dog is not showing the best advise would be to leave your dog at home. It makes it alot easier to scope things out and to meet some of the competing dogs if your hands are free.

If it were me.....my dog would be left home.

3. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

Are you coming to the one in north florida?

4. Tcarter

Tcarter Pup

how does your dog act? can he/she be walked around and behave or is it amped up

5. yup...there are also usually rules that the dogs be crated when not being shown/going potty. This is often enforced by security (depending on where you go) as the land owners/club, etc. do not want to be held liable for an accidental fight.

There are normally vendors selling various equipment such as hides, leads, collars, drag sleds, etc. Is there going to be a weightpull at that show as well, or show only?

6. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

yeah- unless you are showing/pulling leave the dog at home. most venue this is the rule anyhow-no dogs allowed to be left in cars. unless showing/pulling they are to be crated unless out for a bathroom break.
    its a courtesey thing too- i dont want you standing behind me( spectating) w/ your dog while im trying to show mine-too distracting
    and most shows have some folks selling various wares

7. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I have taken my dog to a show where I wasn't showing and left her crated with some friends. If it doesn't create a problem, most clubs aren't going to care, but technically they could make you leave. As far as just walking your dog around the show site, I know with ADBA its a no-no, so I'd imagine AADR feels the same way. (And we always have vendors at our local show. Some good stuff to be had.)

8. simms

simms CH Dog

No reason to bring your dog if your not going to show it.

9. Crystal621

Crystal621 Big Dog

Well, if it is the one up here, dogs must be crated unless being walked or shown. But we are having fun events too that you can participate in, and it's indoors with ac. There will be vendors, and if we get enough people out, nationals will be here next year (so I've been told) :)

10. AncientKulcha

AncientKulcha Big Dog

She can tolerate other dogs as long as I'm there, they don't try her, she's on leash, she's not that close, etc. lol

Thanks everyone for your input! I'll be doing to the one in NC in september and hopefully learn and see a lot. I think i will leave her home though, so i can enjoy the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008