1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The greatest pit dog ever?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by caponedog, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. culabula

culabula Big Dog

im not criticizing any author but some guys may have had their own particular axe to grind or may have been reporting second hand information.In the end of the day no dog can do more than be a champion or grandchampion of his own time.Would tyson have beaten john.l sullivan? who knows? who cares? 2 people and one of them is dead.Any books youd recommend?

2. damon

damon Banned

How do I know when I haven't seen any of these great dogs. From reading stories zebo would be up there, among with many others

3. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Sea Serpent travels back in time, watches Pit General eating Zebo and Chinaman is up next for dessert...LOL, I'm just fucking with you Damon.

4. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

I like blackjack and jeep but i love mayday

5. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

why do alot of you care about champions or grand champs it sounds like people are over thinking this whole pitbull thing, and someone in the states is making a killing from selling this bs.:confused:

6. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Without caring about CH's and GR CH's, then your dog wouldn't be what it is today, we are not talking about Big Blue Hippos here, we're talking about legends in the box-a-gon.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Well from what i read i dont see any dog lastin with Pit General. Took out a whole yard full of dogs lol.
    I dont know between Queen of Hearts and Tornado. Some bad bitches

8. damon

damon Banned

A man who knew mountain man used to collect pieces of jawbone and teeth that zebo and homer crunched off there victims, and make necklaces with them. He said zebo was the hardest biting and devastating dog he'd seen

9. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

LOL that reminds me of the movie Universal Soldier, where [SIZE=-1]Dolph Lundgren would kill his enemies and collect the Ears and make a necklace out of them. :cool:
    [/SIZE]

10. Boy-boy 416

Boy-boy 416 Big Dog

lets keep it real i said i like black jack, jeep and mayday but even then neither one couldnt in a million years could stand in the ring and keep scratching without getting picked up or dieing with the general. Jeeps 3 hour and 50somethin minn winn would have never happened going into the general seriously
    YOU CANT FUCK WIT THE GENERAL.:deadhorse:

11. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

DB seen the best around for what 30 to 40 years and he said General was the best he ever saw.I didn't see any of these,but DB would know better then any of us.But what does it matter, all where great dogs.I would be proud to own any of them.

12. bimbo1700

bimbo1700 Pup

Burton's Hank was in my opinion. He would whip your dog and blow your mind with his ring antics...

13. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

From DB's mouth...

" HANK was a turning dog. He would give you heart failure every time you watched him, and I always tried to sell him after each fight but nobody that saw him was impressed with him enough to buy him. He won over Carver, Louis Cheeck, Fontenot and Chicken Sam. He beat some pretty good people. HANK was definitely a game dog. You had to kill every hair on the dog to stop him, but he never did. He would always turn real early in the fight, shut his mouth completely and turn away from his opponent 100%, but he always scratched. I finally sold HANK to Pat Patrick for $1500 "

DB owned Hank and Pit General , DB said Pit General was the greatest pit of all times.

14. bimbo1700

bimbo1700 Pup

He was a turning dog, but never did he not scratch, and he brought an element to the ring that to me put him on a higher intelligence level than the dogs he faced. He was a big goofy dog, but in the pit there weren't many that could hold a candle to him.

15. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Yes I agree, Hank wasn't GR CH for nothing, he had to be good, didn't matter what his style was or how he won, but Hank didn't do anything special that those other 1000 GR CH's didn't do in the [], sense DB owned both Hank and Pit General, out of 40 years into dogs, DB said Pit General was the Greatest dog EVER!!

16. damon

damon Banned

Not being funny but what did general do that others didn't?

17. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Aww Damon your back for more I see, you keep scratching into Sea Serpent LOL

from DB's mouth

" PIT GENERAL was a 42 to 44 pound dog and at this weight he was unbeatable. He was absolutely awesome, an ACE in every way. He was one of the hardest biting dogs in the history of fighting dogs. At one time, I had some good dogs. There was RANGER, a four time winner I got from Earl. This dog was a full bellymate brother to JIMMIE BOOTS. He was a 52-54 pound dog. Also I had VICK, GATLIN, and another one called BOBBYSON. I put GENERAL on all four at the same time and he just literally murdered them all as fast as I could go and get the next one. The next day Don and Phyllis Mayfield came up here and all the dogs were in the house except GENERAL. He was the only one standing on his chain. Don said “What did you do Danny?” I told him I rolled some dogs yesterday and he said, “Why did you roll them all into each other and not into this black dog?” I said I rolled them all against that black dog and he said “What! How much do you want for him?” I sold him the whole lot, and that’s how he got GENERAL. "

Murdered all 4 and wanted more!!

18. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Ch. Lee's Reno, Gr Ch Santa's Mongoose, or CH Melonhead

19. damon

damon Banned

He's going To say that seeing as he owned him. Truth is nobody knows who's the greatest ever and we will never find out. Your turn to scratch or stand the line lol

20. Boze

Boze Top Dog

gr ch bo was the baddest dog. was he the best i am not sure. but he destroyed dogs in short order and never made a bad move never turned or looked around or came out of hold. and he could crunch like an alligator. he was one bad dog.