1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

AL: Stolen cell phone leads deputies to evidence of dog fights

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Marty Roney, Montgomery Advertiser 10:44 a.m. CST January 7, 2016

PRATTVILLE – The Autauga County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a possible dog-fighting incident after video of what appears to be a fight was found on a stolen cell phone.

The investigation began Tuesday afternoon after an Autaugaville resident reported his cell phone stolen, said Sheriff Joe Sedinger.

“We pinged his phone and deputies found it in the fork of a tree in a wooded area in the 500 block of North Pickett Street,” Sedinger said. “We also found two pit bulls chained up that had injuries consistent with dog fighting.”

When deputies checked the phone, they found footage of a dog fight. The footage also showed the faces of people who were in attendance, he said. Investigators believe the suspect who stole the phone recorded the images.

“So we have a lot of good evidence,” the sheriff said Wednesday afternoon.

No arrests have been made and the dogs were taken to the Prattville-Autauga County Humane Shelter.

The area in which two dogs were seized Tuesday is in the same location where deputies seized 13 pit bulls in January, 2015. The dogs were chained in the woods and deputies found a plywood ring where they believe dog fighting took place.

No arrests have been made in that case.

“It’s very hard to make an arrest,” Sedinger said. “Usually people putting on the fight will call other people on cell phones and tell them to meet at a certain time in the rural parts of the county.”

“Then the folks with the dogs show up, and they fight the dogs and then leave. The whole thing may take place in 10 or 15 minutes and then everybody is gone.”

Residents are asked to report suspicious activity.

“If you hear dogs barking or whining in an area, we need to know about it,” he said. “Or if you see a lot of vehicle or foot traffic going into a wooded area. Most of the time these fighting dogs are kept in secluded areas, and it’s very difficult to find them unless we have help from the community.”

Stolen cell phone leads deputies to evidence of dog fights

2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Thats why there is passwords for cell phones stupid fucks

3. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Not a good idea to record Shit on stolen phones

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

4. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

sounds like hood rats

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Autaugaville definitely isn't what you would call the hood

6. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Now they want people to call the police when they hear dogs barking???

7. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I just heard A dog bark....wheres my phone..damn somebody stole it!! Idiots!!

8. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yeah barking and whining dogs equals dog fighting. My uncle has blueticks, he'll be next lol

9. frogs

frogs Big Dog

More senseless dog shootings to follow.

10. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

My uncle use to raise Blue Ticks, and Black & Tans, and some Walkers, the walkers he'd flush deer with, and the others coon! Man he'd some big $$$$ for A good hot tracker!

11. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

true. but recording fights on recording people's faces? not keeping that recording in a secure area? a phone? not password securing that phone? sounds to me like they're living the thug life in their minds. i don't live in an overly ghetto area but there are a lot of wannabes who match mix breed mongrels. lol i could go and get a street match for my heeler with some bully mix by waiting around. all kidding aside, i'm surprised these folks were that dumb to put so much evidence against them. even if they aren't thug, they're definitely stupid.

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

That's not Thug Life.... that's dumb life..... I've done alot of Shit that people call "thugging", being fuckin stupid wasn't one of them

13. Fyrehound

Fyrehound Pup

Don't commit more than one crime at a time, people...

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

If you have a lot of syringes,antibiotics and corticosteroids without any prescriptions you can also be charged with illegal drugs use/possesion.

15. c_note

c_note CH Dog

Chu'uch! Stolen phone wit faces and dogs fighting? Not the smartest move.

16. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

Man the one time I borrowed A movie camera, I had A couple good matches on it, I was waiting to film E.Morfins bad gyp, next thing you know FBI-Texas Rangers, I had to strip film and quick!!! One rent A cop they must have got from the mall found all that exposed film. Grabs it up dirt and all runs up to the FBI and says evidence, he just looked at him like you SMF!! LOL The FBI agent was pretty kool he phoned somebody and said well I think I got about 10 dogs and A couple hundred people, so what do you want me to do with them. They ended up cutting us loose!

17. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I wish I coulda seen his face! Like Roscoe P Coletrane I bet! I was born at the wrong time. At least I got to fully enjoy the 90s!