1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Puppy Peddlers?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by EastTexas, Jun 23, 2007.

1. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

I was driving home from work past a strip where people always sell pups on the side of the road in a parking lot. When I passed by I seen a Female Pit Bull which I expected to be the dam. And a big sign that said Pitt Bulls.
    When did we start putting two T's in Pit.

2. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

If they are spelled with two T's, it means that they are purebred or game? Dogs like the "gator-mouth," are just an example of this backyard breeding line. I usually shake my head and keep driving when I see crap like that. It's sad but true, the APBT is the most bred dog in this country. Courtesy of peddlers and backyard breeders. :(

3. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

All that sh*t = idiots ending up with HA curs=BSL HEAT!!!

4. EastTexas

EastTexas Pup

Oh, I kept driving! I have stopped and talked to two or three people, all on different weekends to see if they knew anything about the pups they were selling. None of them ever have any idea what's in their pedigree, because none of them ever have papers. They usually start off at a $100 but are quick to come down to try to make a sale. One lady told me she gets $500 for males $550 for Females with no papers. I got tired of the B.S. So I don't even bother stopping to conversate anymore.

5. Suki

Suki Guest

Typically, there are not 2 T's. :rolleyes:
    so, not only is that person a fool, he/she's also an idiot, who can't even spell...
    and it's true: the "pit bull" is the #1 owned, registered and bred dog across the country today, and to witness the results of this, visit any shelter....
    Take a guess as to what "breed" has the highest # of check ins....

pathetic :mad:
    when i visited NC a few years back, we went to this very large Flea Market in Raleigh. I was appalled, due to row after row, and box after box of "pit bulls" for sale, NONE of which were registerd...

people.....:(

6. oldschool

oldschool Big Dog

"Dogs like the "gator-mouth," are just an example of this backyard breeding line. I usually shake my head "

or the infamous Ret RET-No blood LOLOLOL!!

7. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

maybe they just st..st..st.stutter...pitta pitta pitta pittbull

8. bdub

bdub Top Dog

well if ya smart ya dont but a dog from a petsore or some schmuck on the side of the road,,go through someone thats got a good rep,,,but ya cant really knock the no papers deal,,like its been said,,some of the old timers dont reg their dogs

9. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

Damn thats crazy,I was just having this conversation ten minutes ago with my sister in law.I said you can always tell a byb by the fact they are selling pitt bulls.

10. Searcy Jeff

Searcy Jeff Top Dog

That peddler on the side of the road must be related to that "new girl" at work who is a "purebred pit bull" breeder...<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

11. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

So THAT'S how they spell the name of that non existent bread, I mean breed. :eek:
    ;)
    :p

12. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

Only difference is the old timers KNOW how thier dogs are bred. And it usually isnt gator mouth or red nose bloodline ;)

13. I saw a classified ad in my area claiming to have AKC registered "pitbull" puppies, and the sire was of the "blue bloodline." My wife wanted to call and give them sh%t, but I persuaded her that it wasn't worth the time...

14. It's ridiculous in this country the amount of pit bulls there are because of these assh@%es. About six months ago i went to a shelter with my girlfriend at the time sister. About 90% of the dogs were pit bulls and about half of those were labeled as lab mixes and almost the whole other half were labeled as pit mixes only a handful were labeled as pit bulls. What made me feel proud was that every single one of the pit bulls were happy to see people and licked our hands etc. all the other breeds would bark and lunge at door to their kennel runs. Its completly absurd what the general population here thinks of them. Where I'm from people always new they are great with people and children. How did this happen here? From just reading and talking to people at work and from the reaction I get from people when they find out I breed them This country seems to either hate, mistrust or completely obsess with them. People also give me dirty looks when I say I breed and then give me the your stupid look when I tell them I don't sell puppies. Anybody whos been here for a long time I'd love to here your point of views about all this.

15. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well ppl are idiots. I was on the way home from the Show yesterday and some guy hangs his head out of his window and asked me what kind of dogs I had. I said APBT. He said no what kind. I told him the bloodlines and he said oh ok (looked confused) and said I have a "BLUE" at home. I laughed and said ok.

16. GAowner

GAowner Pup

similiar story kind of

I was on the way home and had my boy in the back of the car. this cadillac with 40 inch rims driven by gangsta pulls up at the light and tells me how good he looks. I said thanks. he says hes got a female, let em mate and I can make some money. I told him that would be a miracle as my boy was fixed. I may not know alot about breeding but I do know theres alot more to it then sticking a male and female together,

17. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

OMG I get the EXACT same thing ALL the time. What kind. I usually just say "regular" lol and they look at me all stupid and go oh you don't know what kind it is. I also like the ones that ask me if my blue dog is a "blue pit". I always want to say no its a purple one but am afraid that they will share thier new "knowledge" with thier friends and start seeing purples in the paper for sale.

18. gsxr1000

gsxr1000 Pup

I get this crap all the time too. Its annoying as hell. Most people think my pit is a mix!! I was told yesterday by this dude that my dog needs to eat more because he is not stalky enough. The dude said his pitbull is a red nose that is 80lbs and bow legged. I think he was offended when I didnt sound impressed. When I first got him as a pup my roomates friend came over and while he was petting my dog he asked if he was a red nose pit bull. As you can see by the picture below he is not a red nose and he is not to skinny. People are so damn ignorant that my 2 minutes of talking to them are not going to enlighten them so I dont even bother, I let them talk and then I say ok and keep on walking

Attached Files:

19. bulldogv

bulldogv Pup

Yo I got some albino pit bulls, they weigh 200 lbs. Only asking 1000 a piece, lol. Just kiddin.

20. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

LOL,we have the same shit heer .Every sunday there's an ad in the paper from blueblood kennels,they only sell the best blueline blood.And yes they actually claim "blue" as the bloodline.They have a web site,but I never wentto it,probably just end up driving over there and starting something!