1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

people biting pitbulls

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by 7mmrowland, Apr 18, 2010.

1. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

By Culling human aggressive animals from your program you are doing the greatest service you can for this breed. I've been playing with the APBT for over 50 years and have never had anyone come back to me with a complaint about the animal temperament! Any hound irregardless of how well it will perform will be culled if it shows any human aggression on my yard. So many damn fools breeding garbage to each other that aggression issues are far more common than in the past! If breeders would stick to a stricker standard and be somewhat more careful to whom they sold their animal too then we would'nt see bite numbers we do now! I've owned some very good dogs both EBT and APBT that were proven dogs that would never dream about acting out against a human, lets start by getting rid of unscrupulous breeders and we'll all be much better off for it!:confused:

2. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

MUCH MUCH respect blackcloud. THANK YOU!

3. venom

venom Top Dog

Not a good idea! I don't care how loyal your animal apears to be, it is still an animal. I wouldn't leave a poodle alone with my child, let alone a dog that could destroy my child if it wanted too. This is how people make the news lol

4. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

sounding like alot off ha dogs.ive seen two come out when i was younger,but ive had 3 litters since iv been back and havent had one ha.sounds like lots of people must be out there just breeding them left and right.or are people just hypothetically speaking?seing that an apbt arent nautraly ha it makes me wonder

5. I really liked this post. It shows a positive aspect of this breed that needs to be focused on more. The problem is that a ton of these dogs aren't raised in good, stable loving families. This is why the have such a bad rep.

6. lqaddict

lqaddict Big Dog

Most bites are fear based. There are unstable/unsound dogs with weak nerves in every breed/mix. True bulldogs in general have a higher threshold for fear of its own life.
    And as stated before, i am yet to hear about a working bulldog that beat anyone unprovoked and made the 6 o'clock news,

7. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

I haven't read all stories but heres mine, I have a biter on my yard an he is also the most dominate bulldog I have ever had on my yard, an made sure I saw it in his 5yrs on my yard. Now he has never actually bitten anyone. . .but if I weren't as responsible/diligent in selecting my dogs, teaching an making sure they know all my commands, and asserted myself an showed them what I do an do not want from them. . .as many ppl 4get this breed LOVES to plz an will do anything for a GOOD OWNER/HANDLER. I say that to say this. . .while he is the most dominate dog on the yard, an the others(dogs) know it. . . .I'M THE ALPHA an all my dogs know this. I have 2 lil girls, my youngest has been around my dogs from day 1, since she could see good she would reach out grab whatever an do whatever to my dogs an NO MATTER what it was she did or does. . .they'd lay there like it's the best thing that ever happens to em! She'd reach to grab their tounges an they lay on their backs mouth wide open. I mean ANYTHING she wants to do, I teach my dogs EARLY not to even jump on my or mouth @ my kids, hince they dont jump up unless told to. . .I start teaching as early as 2-3wks if off my stuff an IMMEDIATELY when purchased from other breeders an without breaking their spirit/drive or gameness. Im the same with my kids. . .I teach them what to do an what not to do with the dogs,so they BOTH know how to act an handle themselves around any dog.They don't run up to touch every dog they see,they don't mess with em while they feed, an they don't pet em until they are sittn a layn down calmly. . .submissively.

You have some ppl that will have a pup jumping all around their child slightly barking/growling an think this is jus play and/or this is funny to watch as the child circles lookin for somewhere to run an something to jump up on, this dog is attempting to stop your child from going where they want or whatever. . . the point is this is NOT funny and while the "ADULT(S)" sit back an laugh. . .in the dogs mind he is being cheered on. . .in his eyes he is pleasing his owner. . .hince the uneducated owner is enhancing the dogs HA an trainnig he with children in the long run to watch humans.
    It's not rocket science! I catch hell for saying this but there is not a huge difference in raising pits an kids. NO kids aren't the same as dogs! Jus saying the rearing is the same. Simple fact kids do things until we tell them its wrong or scold em for doing something bad they also will keep jumping around all goofy laughin their hearts out sayin "look at my new moves" if we cheer an clap everytime some music's on. We are here as the guides for our kids to show em life is a dance you learn along the way. . .
    Like I said he's a biter but he's NEVER done anything I didn't want him to an has NEVER even mouthed a child playfully. . . I only have to watch em around grown men. . . I say Biters aren't bad "should be culled dogs". . .they jus aren't to be owned by jus ANY OL BODY plenty ol timers know. . . it's why they say newbies shouldn't start out with certain blood . . . you have to know how to handle one. . .if you aren't a good judge of charcacter meaning you don't read ppl so well. . .A DOMINATE PUP IS NOT FOR YOU. . .A DOMINATE BULLDOG SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A THOUGHT.

ALOT OF PPL STILL AREN'T READY FOR KIDS. U PROLLY WANNA WAIT ON DOGS TOO!

8. xx24x7xx

xx24x7xx Big Dog

Alot of the dogs that make the news are dogs BYB's have done some dumb shit with in an attempt to "Game" the dog up like giving dog gunpowder in food, feeding raw covered in Hotsauce, this dumb shit on top of, the day they get a dog,they take it a chain it up in the back until it finally breaks free years later without ever being properly socialized. Dog gets loose. . .ppl run scared. . .dog chases all geeked up. . .an so on.

9. In the general scheme of things, if there is a man biter that is housed accordingly. He or she is not bred. And, there is no chance of it getting loose, then do what you want. I wouldn't feed one. But, I'm not here to tell anyone what to do with there dogs.

10. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

I dont know how this post turned into the hypothetical people are breeding HA dogs....but these words apply now more than ever:

11. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Listen if you have a kid or a family and you own a dog and that dog does someting to the kid or your family "YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE IT IS YOUR FAULT!" Wake the f*#$ up, you cant blame the breeder or anybody else, people really love to sluff their responsibilities off on other people that seems to be the thing to do now.

12. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

ive already had my say , so ill keep it short, a game dog and an apbt are not the same thing! one is a type of dog , bred and proven the same way all canines were proven types until the mid 1800 , the other is a breed of dog with an invented standard and an invented history. one is bred for genotype one is bred for phenotype. until the general public understands the difference, tragedies will happen .in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king

13. deepsouth

deepsouth Big Dog

Gorilla, from the sound of it....looks like you don't feel the general public should have ever gotten their hands on gamebred bulldogs.

I've been told before, these dogs are just too much to handle for the average person.

14. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I agree with you 100% Gorilla. I love my dogs very much, have put a lot of time into them, and have a lot of faith in them, and I consider them part of the family. But still I would NEVER leave one of them alone with ANY child. Dogs are animals, plain and simple. With big teeth, strong jaws, and nature's instinct. We should never forget that no matter how loyal and trustworthy they may seem.

15. Look I'm not in favor of allowing the dog to run free around the neighborhood and do whatever he sees fit. I'm also not a big fan of shoveling food to an animal who stays chained up and has separation anxiety from never seeing a human.

I think there really has to be a balance between the dog and his master. No matter what you do with the dogs. They are and always be pets. I think the problem arises when you have people that buy this breed and think that it will train itself. I have had these dogs all my life and I have seen the best and the worst that they offer. The breed needs our help.

16. Noa1

Noa1 Big Dog

I live in a small country Holland and we have just finished BSL but i am scared that it's coming again because there are so many people that are stupid with there dogs. They don't remember that BSL was started because there where accidents with children and believe me that where not realy pitbulls but the opinion of the people is anything with a big head is a pitbull and that is dangerous and the press will make it bigger then big because it is selling news

17. Ok.. Well let me simplify a few things.. Firstly, Im a woman.. Secondly lol Im far from lazy, I go to school from home and prefer to raise my baby, not a daycare, my husband has a great career and travels alot which allows me to live comfortable, goto school, raise my baby girl, and train dogs..

Lmao.. I never said I send my child out there with chicken quarters, bones yes, kongs yes, and im outside most of the time working around the yard with my baby in the swing. SO where you got that RUDE comment of me being lazy and being a bad parent was uncalled for, and being a mod I would expect more maturity.

No dog is a waste of time. If you dont have time to feed, spend time, medical bills, and work these dogs you dont need them.. THEY ARE NOT LAWN ORNAMENTS!

And about the park, this isnt a dog park.. this a kids park.. where kids play.. so where you got "labs running around" is ridiculious. Im sorry im not the person that forgets my dogs in the backyard, there more to me then that.

a pic of my "amstaffs"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

best hog hunter ive ever seen!
    [​IMG]

my bully
    [​IMG]

18. scooter

scooter Big Dog

AMEN great post!

19. catchdog

catchdog Top Dog

yeah those c rings will loosen

20. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

First off, I've already said my kids are NOT allowed anywhere near the dogs when they are on their chainspots, if you actually bothered to read my posts on this thread. Second of all, at ANY point in time, has ANYONE on here heard me claim that my dogs were working/sporting dogs? In fact I've said the COMPLETE opposite even within this very thread. I'm not on here playing ''internet dogger''. I'm a breed FANCIER here to learn and study and do everything I can do to keep BSL at bay, along with groups like PETA, HSUS and DDB, who are not only trying to take away OUR, yes OUR, rights to these dogs, but to the tools to keep them safely confined, conditioned and true. I may not be a ''dogman'' but it's people like ME who are backing YOU so you can keep doing what you do, and I can keep doing what I do, so I'd appreciate at least a speck of friggin' respect and not to be talked down to like I'm some dumbass. My dogs are family dogs. THAT is their job. I don't have anything to prove to you or anyone else, especially considering I don't front and have ALWAYS been straight up about who I am and what I'm all about. You don't have to be a dogman to pay your dues to this breed. In the past 20 years, I've put in plenty of blood sweat and tears into the breed and I have no plans on changing that dispite anyones opinion about me or my dogs.