1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Obama Administration and Gun Rights

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by deepsouth, Dec 29, 2008.

1. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

I dont have to really say anything Mr. Bush has proven himself to the american people he showed how well he did his job in the 8 years he had to do it. And I like bill and hillary clinton ... Bill clinton did a better job than bush could have ever done and that is a fact. Hey I'm happy now bush is out of the white house out with the old on with the new .... On that note happy new year :D

2. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

More ProoF . I think he has all yall snowed he is a silver fox.Ill give him that. J

Biden views :
    • Keep assault weapons ban; close gun show loophole. (Apr 2007)
    • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    • Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    • Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    • Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
    • Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
    • Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
    • Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record. (Dec 2003)
    The Clinton Bitch:

Balance lawful gun ownership & keeping guns from criminals. (Apr 2008)
    Give local police access to federal gun tracking info. (Apr 2008)
    Let states & cities determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
    Against illegal guns, crack down on illegal gun dealers. (Jan 2008)
    Backed off a national licensing registration plan on guns. (Jan 2008)
    Get assault weapons & guns off the street. (Jul 2007)
    Background check system could prevent Virginia Tech massacre. (Apr 2007)
    FactCheck: VA Tech shooter not declared a danger to others. (Apr 2007)
    Congress’ failure at Littleton response inspired Senate run. (Nov 2003)
    Keep guns away from people who shouldn’t have them. (Sep 2000)
    Limit access to weapons; look for early warning signs. (Sep 2000)
    License and register all handgun sales. (Jun 2000)
    Tough gun control keeps guns out of wrong hands. (Jul 1999)
    Gun control protects our children. (Jul 1999)
    Don’t water down sensible gun control legislation. (Jul 1999)
    Lock up guns; store ammo separately. (Jun 1999)
    Ban kids’ unsupervised access to guns. (Jun 1999)
    Get weapons off the streets; zero tolerance for weapons. (Sep 1996)
    Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
    Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
    Prevent unauthorized firearm use with "smart gun" technology. (Aug 2000

3. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

[​IMG] Barack Obama on Gun Control [​IMG] Junior Senator (IL); President-ElectClick here for 11 full quotes by Barack Obama OR click here for Barack Obama on other issues.
    • Ok for states & cities to determine local gun laws. (Apr 2008)
    • FactCheck: Yes, Obama endorsed Illinois handgun ban. (Apr 2008)
    • Respect 2nd Amendment, but local gun bans ok. (Feb 2008)
    • Provide some common-sense enforcement on gun licensing. (Jan 2008)
    • 2000: cosponsored bill to limit purchases to 1 gun per month. (Oct 2007)
    • Concealed carry OK for retired police officers. (Aug 2007)
    • Stop unscrupulous gun dealers dumping guns in cities. (Jul 2007)
    • Keep guns out of inner cities--but also problem of morality. (Oct 2006)
    • Bush erred in failing to renew assault weapons ban. (Oct 2004)
    • Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions. (Jul 1998)
    • Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers
    • Wants to ban any gun that has a box mag
    • wants a ban on any scoped firearm with a 4 moa or better
    Do yall need more proof???

4. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Well this is the start to the finish, If those laws do pass then there will be alot of problems because nobodys just going to drop there weapons off. You think there is an jail overpopulation now wait and see. It might happen but because of that it might not, just think how much more money they would have to spend if this ban took effect. People you never thought would be in jail are going because the right to bear arms is something Americans pride in and take that away is like a slap in the face. Well J I stand half corrected hope it does not happen and also hope they leave the damn dogs alone aswell. Good find and post and I know you will be all over the subject matter.

Mac 11

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  5. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I believe the DC gun ban is Constitutional, and will not be overturned."
    --Barack Obama, Constitutional Scholar, 2/2/2008

"I agree with the Supreme Court decison that guns are an individual right." --Barack Obama, Political Pragmatist, 6/30/2008

"This is less of a flip flop and more of an outright contradiction. Why? 70% of independent voters are pro-gun, and without them, Obama can't win. He added a quick "we still have a right to create gun laws" at the end of this statement, to appease the Left. But unlike nearly every other Senator, he did not file in support of the 2nd Amendment." --Kitty Pilgrim, CNN

Obama intends to set gun rights back 50 years. His National No Carry Initiative is intended to end the progress made for 10 years on CCW rights. His gun a month limits (see limits) is quietly intended to shut down the industry. (The government can't track 35 million illegals, but they can track the purchases of 85 million gun owners?). He also intends to eliminate all gun show and internet sales, which he considers "loopholes". ATF itself has ALREADY gone back to Clinton era policies in anticipation of the inauguration.

OBAMA launched from the worst gun State in America (Hawaii), and landed in the most totalitarian, anti-gun County in the U.S. (Cook County and the radical anti-gun Chicago crowd). He is going to solve the economy, solve the war, institute gay and lesbian marriage, and allow State sponsored abortion. In addition to sounding like Jesus Christ (have you ever seen a bigger ego?), his megalomanical claims border on solipsism. He sounds "reasonable", but is a closet big government, heavy regulation, big tax, FAR LEFT ULTRA LIBERAL when it comes to guns, make NO MISTAKES!

He claims that he will "re-institute the assault ban" (which means bayo lugs and collapsible stocks), mouthing the Liberal Left mantra that has NO understanding of either the idiocy of the previous ban or the difference between Country and City on gun use.

Remember the old Star Trek episode where Kirk has to let a peace loving woman he loves die before WWII, because her ideas of peace were the right idea at the wrong time? "Negotiating" with Iran equals a NUKE in a major US city, make no mistake. These Iranian hypocrites want to vaporize Israel, the second holiest spot in Islam-- so where are they REALLY coming from?! Like Iraq, Obama just doesn't GET it... IF YOU COULD ASK OBAMA TO READ JUST ONE THING, THIS would be it:
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']
    A LITTLE GUN HISTORY [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Dear Obama, if you have ANY sense at all . . . [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']exterminated. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']------------------------------[/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']up and exterminated. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']exterminated.[/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']------------------------------ [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']exterminated. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']-----------------------------[/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']of gun control: 56 million. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']dollars. The first year results are now in: [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns! [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']and the other historical l f acts above prove it. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians[/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']disseminating this information. [/FONT]

[FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, [/FONT]
    [FONT='Tahoma' ,'sans-serif']gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens. [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

6. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

WHat you have failed to point out is no matter what Obama's stance is on guns the Supreme Court is the only part of goverment that can overturn and constitutional right. Like RoeV Wade Gun Rights or anything else like that. Trust me when it comes down to it he is not going to touch it. You know why? VOTES. He would not win Penn. Iowa and alot of other states that put him in. Again I say dont believe the hype. The thing about Washington DC was you had fools doing drive bys killing everyone in site every night. They even had a law up there where not more than 3 black men could stand in one spot with out the police coming to see what was going on. In the 80's DC had the worst murder rate in this country, and that is what they used to take back the city. That is why where you used to have projects there are 2 million dollar condominiums....

7. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

Hey folks...I'm mostly a lurker here, but wanted to post this for you guys to ponder...

[​IMG]

8. spaceghost

spaceghost Big Dog

hemi are you not aware that hes is likely to appoint 2-3 supreme court justices during his 1st term? and you are right, he may not touch the gun issue during this term to keep his votes, but whats to stop him if he is re-elected? You are wrong about this guy but nothing will "change" your mind until you see it for your self, lets just hope its not too late for this country.

9. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

my thing is that he is not even in office yet. Right now the economy is so messed up that I promise you the last thing on his mind is gun rights. Ken Salazar was his choice for Agriculture Sec. from (COLORADO)Look at his record...
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Ken_Salazar_Gun_Control.htm

10. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

1. He has INDEED been elected

2. The economy is messed up right now, which means Prez-elect Obama will have to hold off on many of his programs that require signifigant tax payer funding (most of them)....there is just not enough money. GUN CONTROL is NOT one of them. Increased infringement on our gun rights costs nothing more than the ink in a pen.

3. I don't really give a damn about what the future Sec. of AGRICULTURE thinks about my guns. I worry more about what Congress, The POTUS, and the Future Attorney General Eric Holder think about them.

Still interested? Check THIS out...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=85507

11. spaceghost

spaceghost Big Dog

hes only for gun with the use of hunting. he wants to ban "assault weapons". i've already explained why this is wrong. he also wants to "close the gunshow loophole". the gun show loophole they refer to is private gun sales. and statistics show that guns bought and traded at gun shows aren't used in crime.

Back to the assault weapons ban. this should be real easy for you to understand, it goes like this... assault weapons are exactly analogous to this breed of dog. "Its the big bad scary assault weapons that we must restrict because they are so dangerous." once they are able to ban those weapons, what is to stop them from banning semi-autos next? just like if they banned pit bulls, they would start going after the next "dangerous" breed. you may not be a gun enthusiast but that also plays into this discussion b/c if they take my right away to own a firearm who's to say they won't go after one of your hobbies or rights next? assault weapons aren't even used in most gun crimes, its the smaller caliber hand guns. the cities with the most strengent gun laws are the most violent i.e. chicago, D.C., N.Y.

heres a letter from a guy on a gun forum im on that is to his senator concerning new legislation to be heard about closing this "loophole", and i think it sums it up pretty well.

Dear Commission members,
    Please consider the rights of honest, hardworking, and responsible gun owners before recommending the elimination of the right we have to transfer firearms without paperwork. It has been proven time and time again that firearms transferred between hobbyists at gun shows ARE NOT the firearms used in crime.
    Stiff, mandatory, sentences for the misuse of guns has been the ONLY deterrent that stops gun crime. Consider the success in reducing gun crime in our Capitol city, Richmond, by imposing stiff penalties on gun abusers, not guns, as in CRIME RIDDEN and firearms forbidden cities.
    As a High School teacher I can unequovically say, that the only deterrent to aberrant behavior is stiff discipline meted out in a consitent manner. Thank you for your time.

John

we need to enforce the laws already on the books, and not make new ones that only make things harder for law abiding citizens, b/c that all closing the loophole will do, make it a pain in the ass for a grandfather to hand down a family heirloom.

12. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

As far as I'm concerned it don't matter. I will worry bout it when it happens. Hopefully it don't..... Man politics.

Vic

13. The Teflon Don

The Teflon Don Big Dog

It will probably be too late...but okay.

14. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

So spaceghost, just a question regarding the following statement:

Back to the assault weapons ban. this should be real easy for you to understand, it goes like this... assault weapons are exactly analogous to this breed of dog. "Its the big bad scary assault weapons that we must restrict because they are so dangerous."

Why does one own an assault weapon? And if your answer would paint you in a non-politically correct way - don't answer, I understand. But as someone who has worked over 30 yrs to provide military technologies for the war fighter, I believe the answer to my question is obvious. I'm OK with that, but I do know if it is OK for you to own one, then it is OK for my 20 yr old neighbor to own one and I know he is a spoiled yuppy, tough guy wanna be. So do I want to live next to this idiot owning an assault weapon and the answer is no. Unlike the dummy that wants to own a "bad a**" pit bull, the dummy that owns a "bad ass" assault weapon can take down my whole family and my neighbors in a matter of seconds, so I feel your analogy is flawed. We are talking about the ability to create much more damage in a much shorter period of time. Now if some of the gentleman that have replied to this post want to own one, well it is apparent they are beyond equipped to handle one...so how do you allow one and not the other, keeping in mind what an assault weapon is useful for? I am so playing the devils advocate here, but certainly a chance to see the issue from another perspective. Oh and when I ask my husband (an avid NRA advocate )-- I get the *snicker snicker* It's for hunting...wink wink. Yup this weapon could disable a herd of anything in seconds as well...just think of it!!!!!

15. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

As the great OZ told Dorthy Pay NO ATTENTION , Ignore and dont worrie about the man behind that curtain. But of course it is that little man who pulled all the levers that made the great OZ, Well Great and powerful.. Yall pay close watch to the man behind the curtain, it dont take long to have rights taken. As that sayin goes at least I can still smoke in my own car!! I cant remember the year but we used to have a legal pit 45 min from my house I went with my father and grandfather and they assured me it would allway be there that no one could take the right to breed and test dogs. You can belive a condo sits there now. J

16. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

My dawgs its not so much the assault weapon ban that gets me its they paint ALL simiautos with the same brush. GET MY POINT they say my little girls 22 is in the same class as a ak 47. They want ant gun that has a de tatch mag to be ban Well Hell 90% of the deer rifles at wallmart have that. Just Go to NRA OBMA and you can see our point. And to make it clear a M 14 or a AR 30 is a damn fine deer rifle and if my kids ever want to use one then by god they should be able to. J

17. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I agree with your thought here, but with these types of issues serious considerations must be made....as with owning a a PB, I believe restrictions are in order. Popular or not I think to even own a PB you should be required to work the dog...which by the way would mean I could not own the two I have, my reasons are substantiated by the dog men and women in another time - when our breed was of no danger to the general public as the dogs were in the hands of experts. Just like owning weapons. The laws were written in another time, is it unreasonable to consider the consequences of the same laws with a continuous improvement in technology? I don't know the answer but it is worth thinking on, I want the rights our fore fathers meant us to have, without the risk that new and unrestricted technology in the hands of John Q would present....

18. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I am so OK with your point and that is worth taking a stand on...but you are someone who is proficient in weaponry and can make this distinction and that is the kind of logic that will keep those who are not informed, informed. Just like with hysteria over the PB, this is another area where politicians with an agenda can use less than the facts to "win"...so the facts must always be shoved back in the lime light. Your narrative is a perfect example of debunking the intended hysteria...easy to read and understand and takes the sting out of what is being "sold" to the general public.

I do believe there are the folks on the edge the other way as well, that feel to hang an AKA in the gun rack of their truck should be perfectly acceptable...

19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

I would respectfully disagree about the statement of "fact".....

Bill Clinton did better than Bush on things that were part of his agenda, I suppose it would depend which side of the "agenda" you stood as to whether you stood to benefit from Clintons presidential actions.

The same goes for Bush.

It also would depend on what one thought held more value to the country to declare a "best", the constituencies of each President are pretty much diametrically opposed on what the country needs....

And both Presidents capitalized on their positions......

20. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

How will it be too late? You know about it now (assuming that it's true). What can you do about it??? What are you doin about it?? Spreding the word thanks but that aint changing a damn thing especialy before it's even happened. The man isn't even in office yet. He can't decide shit.

Vic