1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Muscle Up Powder

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by diva, Oct 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

I won't get into detail but the use of supplements is mostly benefited when timed right.

2. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

It seems to me that all the talk around supplements is geared toward helping with muscle recovery. So my question is do all of these products take the place of good ol' fashion rest??? The reason I ask is because it looks like when these items are taken, the rest period is sped up as is the recovery time, thus allowing more work...Where as if you don't use these products, more rest will be required and as a result, less work will get done because it'll take longer to heal. Is this true to some degree?

3. determination

determination Big Dog

I have seen alot of those ingredients used in different keepgs. Cobalt i believe is good for the dogs kidneys but poisonous to humans and i believe is recommended in the maximum stress keep by the millmaker. Alot of the other ingredients are good for redblood cell count and healthy red blood cells folic acid iron etc with red blood cells are what transport oxygen and itis important to build redblood cells during a keep.i have also seen the use of dmg during and at certain points during a keep if your are working a dog it is important to do your part in giving everything the dog needs to be at its best.

4. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

what about it adding strength?? any truth to that?

5. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

I think it's mostly for recovery...

6. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Well leys post the product and break each ingredient down to see if its a benefit or a detriment!Hold up lemme switch to my LT.

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

[​IMG]

(Animed) A premium, fast-absorbing vitamin and mineral muscle-building supplement containing gamma oryzanol, creatine and DMG. Gamma oryzanol, an all-natural alternative to prescription anabolic steroids, and creatine, “the natural steroid”, are rapidly gaining a reputation for promoting muscle growth and strength. DMG is an active metabolite (vitamin-like nutrient) known for its ability to retard lactic acid accumulation while improving oxygen utilization. Muscle-Up also contains these essential muscle nutrients: Vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, cobalt, selenium, magnesium, vitamin C, niacin, thiamine, zinc and sodium in a sweetened base. Feed 2 tbsp daily for 14 days, then 1 tbsp daily as a maintenance dose.

8. undamineknls

undamineknls Banned

muscle up plain and simple works best when a dog is being conditioned. i.e. if i had an overwt dog i would use it as i bring down the animls wt

9. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

Would'nt that make it a weight loss product instead of a recovery product??

10. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lol.................

11. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

...I'mjusssayin...

12. I used it corectly about ten years ago and it killed one of my dogs, I haven't used it sence.....

13. I have always used this product and in know way has it ever harmed any of my dogs. It does help with recovery of the muscles after work outs and it does buid muscle a little not much but it will make your dog gain weight if you do not work your dog with a routine. If you want more tone in your dog's muscles for a show then just to some old fashion drag work. I use a weight pull harness and attach a 10ft. long chain to it and walk as much as I think my dog can handle. Remeber no dog is the same you will always have to change something up during work outs in each dog.

14. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

We used it in our most recent keep and I honestly didn't notice much of a difference. No negative or real positive.

15. bukskin.banks

bukskin.banks Big Dog

Besides looks, has anyone done anything to see if this really increases maybe number and times. Like weight pull, or sprinting or high jump. Or i know if your done working your dog some people time how long they are panting when work is completed to see if his recovery time is getting better, maybe some stuff like this will help? Just wondering if anyone has actually kept track of some numbers to see if it truely helps or not.

16. It doesn't build stamina, that's what a good keep is for with some slatmill work combined and then you can check the recovery time and see if you are doing what you need to do for the long sled pull.

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

hey SS were you at the fresno show last saturday?

18. No but I will be at the So.Cal / ADBA show next weekend 24th & 25th.

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

naw i dont go down there lol...

i just mistaked u for someone else, the dj @ the fresno show was going by OG SS, thought you were the same guy............

20. Everyone is welcomed. All about the dogs, period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.