1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

moderators are biased

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by okeefes pit boss, Nov 24, 2011.

1. 7mmrowland

7mmrowland Big Dog

Id bet WAL MART has both....haha

2. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

they all are angels......until the ching gets chopped up!

nothing quite like a crystal covered poke with her and her mate.......money well spent. lol!

B-) B-) B-)

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Yeah because some mods and I said some lol , are pussies LOL.

Thats your opinion Lakewood, I didnt feel that the thread about apbt biting people was stupid, and I dont think it broke any of this sites rules, so why was it deleted?

Yet the mayfield topic broke so many rules with people talking about matching this and that and calling people out and its still up? Go figure LOL

4. I'm not a mod so why ask me? I've had topics locked and deleted that didn't brake any rules. The reason that was given to me was that the topic didn't make any sense. I asked, and that was what was told to me. Maybe the mods felt the same way about that topic.

5. Jim_G

Jim_G Big Dog

Give it a break gentlemen... be thankful for having such a site. Respect is the key. BTW, Walmart has a huge sale on tissues.

6. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

Just be thankful I live in the backwoods now with no internet connection...lot less folks getting all butthurt I'm sure.

7. coop-dog

coop-dog Big Dog

How is life up there in the backwoods these days Rally

8. doubletap

doubletap Banned

tag team.....lol

9. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Top Dog

It doesn't matter why the thread was deleted. But back to the original question. Pit boss the box cannibals is a stupid ass thread and most the shit you say is stupid.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

11. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

3MTA,

Well said. You do a good job with the site.

Okeefes Pit Boss,

A privately owned message boards are NOT platforms for free speech. Being they are 1. privately owned, and 2. often anonymous platforms (meaning the author of what is written often hides their identity), free speech doesn't apply on a message form.

1. An owner of a website has a RIGHT to promote a certain idea on THEIR platform if they want to. I am NOT SAYING that is what is going on here, but even if it was...since it is privately owned they could if they wanted to. Although moderators do have the power to edit posts IMO they shouldn't for then the edited post will reflect on the author when they are not the author's words. This of course is only my opinion. That said, deleting something or banning someone is certainly a reasonable action when they see something or someone violate the rules they established on their platform. This is not a government platform so you are not offered the laws of government. It is a private platform, so you are ONLY offered the rules as designed by that private party. If you don't like the rules, you can go somewhere else.

2. True free speech is something citizens are allowed in some countries, but with that freedom comes ACCOUNTABILITY for one's words or actions. Meaning in real life, people are more "self-moderated." On message forums though people hide and spew out all types of things, often times making false accusations or claims. In a real world, this typically happens to a lesser degree because people know it will catch up with them, but on message forums they think they can get away with it so they typically don't practice self-moderation. This is why moderators become a necessary evil on web based forums. If people would use REAL NAMES or some type of personal identity, it would help reduce such nonsense...but they don't.

12. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Their site, their rules that's just how it is. There is a lot of things people dislike about this site like closing a thread while several mods continue to talk shit on said thread which to me make those individuals that do that look like punk ass faggots getting their last words in or my favorite, baning someone and then filling up their thread talking shit and running their mouths about the banned member who can't defend themselves ( Cur move ). But when the dust has settled and at the end of the day its 3atm3 and shons site and they can do as they please and govern the site as they see fit. If you don't like their rules or the fact that a lot of the mods don't follow those same rules then there are a lot of sites on the www that cater to like minded individuals.

Sites like these need governed or threads would always get off topic, feuds would develop into weight calling and self incriminating ones self would run a muck ( just look at the mayday x big john thread a lot of self incrimination on that one)

On another note, be happy you ain't banned just for starting this thread or the fact that its still open to discuss. ;)

13. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Here's rules one and two. We're pretty relaxed here, but sometimes when one has to deal with several dumb-ass threads, you lose your patience. This site gets moderated on everyone's free time. We don't get paid for it, we basically do it for you. A little appreciation would be nice, and a thank you to those of you who "get it" and understand.

1. Attacks on moderators will not be tolerated, and may result in an immediate permanent ban. Moderators sometimes have to make difficult judgment calls, but remember we *are* human (well at least most of us are!) Hopefully we'll make decisions that are considered "correct" by the majority of the community. Do not post complaints, criticisms, or moderation questions on the forum. These posts will be deleted and no explanation will be given. If you have a concern about a particular moderator, send a private message to an Administrator. And if you have constructive suggestions on improvements that can be made to the forum or its moderation, please post them in the Suggestions area.
    2. Keep in mind that this is not a democracy. We have the right to refuse service to anyone. If you make yourself too big of a pain in the butt to the moderating community or otherwise are a bad influence on the forum, your access may be revoked.