1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

mimms dogs

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by labulldoger, Oct 2, 2010.

1. labulldoger

labulldoger Top Dog

about to breed my bitch with a pure mimms dog what are yall thoughts??

2. why breed her ?

3. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

where are the peds????

4. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Maybe she has shown something worthy to be bred for ?

5. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Why are you asking what someone else thinks about YOUR breeding if your not sure about it than maybe it's a good indication that the dog shouldn't be bred. :rolleyes: I guess I don't understand why you would need approval or opinions from people who don't know your dogs. :confused: As a breeder you should be asking yourself this question and than look at your dogs to determine if they are quality animals.

6. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Maybe he's not asking our permission to breed his dog..maybe he's asking us what our opinion on Mimms stock is and if we've had any luck with them..to the O.P it depends man I've heard good and bad about Mimms stuff...ask yourself what does your dog lacks and if this Mimms dog will bring that in this breeding

7. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

If you have to ask other people those questions you shouldn't be breeding JMO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010
  8. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

If he has to ask whether or not we've had any luck with the Mimms stuff? how is he supposed to learn anything if he doesnt ask? I understand there alot of people that shouldnt be breeding these dogs but why jump to conclusions and assume he's one of these people just because he asked our opinion..?

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

The questions being asked are things the breeder should be asking himself point blank if you have to ask these kind of questions you don't need to breed anything ... Learn first know your dogs what's behind them what's lacking determine quality then breed. Any time you introduce new blood your not always going to know the outcome breeding doesn't work that way. If the OP want's to use the mims stuff in his or her breeding program he should already have an idea of why he's using mims stuff and what the blood has to offer his existing stock. Seriously I don't understand why people feel the need to come on the internet to ask these questions. Find a mentor learn your dogs and know how to determine quality animals than worry about breeding.

The guys who I know that breed don't ask these damn questions they breed quality animals and they know what outcome they are looking for before they breed. They don't come online to consult the advice or opinions of stranger's who have no idea about their dogs.

10. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

And the guys you know started somewhere...and im pretty damn sure it wasnt the top..some people arent lucky enough to have access to a mentor. So im not mad at the O.P i know what its like to have to make your own way with no mentor. Just because he doesnt have info handed to him that doesnt make him any less worthy to breed these animals. I understand your views but you need to understand not everyone goes through the same steps to get to the same goal. Regardless of what you were told or believe

11. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Yep they sure did they had mentors they learned first they didn't jump the gun to breed anything before they at least had the basic common sense to analyze their dogs and be able to determine QUALITY over QUANTITY. I am not mad at the OP I am just giving my opinions. His dogs ultimately his choice.

12. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

then we agree on something..."QUALITY over QUANTITY"
    and im happy for your friends man but Its not that simple for alot of us

13. littleblackdog

littleblackdog Big Dog

Mims has had good and bad, pedigree bred and then the truth. Make sure the dog is what it is, look at the 4 generations you can find on him, see how relatives have done and go from there. Would I buy one or bred one no but do I know people successful with yes, and at the same time I know people who wouldn't touch one with a ten foot pole.

I am just done with telling people not to bred these dogs because they don't listen ever.

14. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

Damn sure ain't. I've had to make my own way, met a few peole, and asked a TON of questions and still don't know it all. Anyway, to the OP, there is a member here that is knowledgeable about the mims strain. Hopefully he see's ur post and respond.

15. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

Where's the soap box ? Seems like some of you know it all.To the OP good luck don't listen to all the haters.Sampson gave you some good advice stick to it .

16. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

I do know he speaks highly of the spiffy x lucky breedings, and others as well. That one sticks cause I had a bitch whose top side was that way. She was a good dog. off scratchliner's zion to sowell's mar jane. Don't do peds online but her brother is listed if someone feels like putting it up....

17. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

don't breed her to a mims dog...no more than a jeep dog or a redboy dog or a whatever dog...breed her to a producing bulldog and if that happens to be a mims dog then that should work just fine....post the pedigree of the breeding...that would help a lot....the mims line can fix a lot but sometimes an individual mims dog needs fixin'g too....best of luck....US1

18. robbie70

robbie70 Pup

then how did you learn smart guy!!!!!!!!:D

19. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2010
  20. DeepWoodz

DeepWoodz Banned

not a big fan of those scatterbred mims dogs.