1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Michael Vick

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dream Pits, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Jayhawk

Jayhawk Pup

against the lions and Jags a lot of Mediocre QBs will go off

As a Rams fan with several redskins fans for friends I think the skins did a fine job

2. punch650

punch650 Big Dog

do your thing vick. next year the will pay u what ur worth. just a game dog that has not been out the (pen) for a few months dont mean he dont know what his doing.lol

3. Jayhawk

Jayhawk Pup

Befor the pen he was an amazing athlete but a mediocre QB
    after the pen he is an older amazing athlete but still a mediocre QB

career comp percentage 54%
    career td/int 78td 52int with 57 fumbles (27lost)
    career QB rateing 77.5

4. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

but whats his qb rating now?
    ya'll living in the past? im not sayin its gonna stay at 110 but he is obviously a better quarterback now than he was then. makes better decisions and has improved his accuracy. still has unlimited throwing power and blazing speed.
    and his career stats show he is as good as the avg starting qb.

5. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Only time will tell but I agree with you Dream...looks like he payed attention standing on the sidelines last year and McNabb might have showed him a thing or two. I honestly hope that he did learn to be a smarter qb. Played well against green bay and that is a decent def.....Det and Jac are weak....once he plays the Boy's who shut down Schaub and Johnson we will see if he has it....just my worthless opinion.

6. That's how you rate an athlete. By their CAREER stats. That's exactly what you did with your second point I highlighted above. You can't have your cake and eat it too, you say others are living in the past, then you use his PAST stats to support your claims LOL. You say people are living in the past, LOL, you are living in a 2 game performance. He only played how long in the one they brought him in when they benched Kolb? Half a game???

If he succeeds and proves he's bettered himself, good for him. Way too many people are crowning him the anointed one though just because he beat a turd team and an average team. Play him the whole season and then make a decision. Even then you can't really distinguish if he's a great QB or not. Do we need to start naming all the 1 season wonders that played QB in the NFL???

You also said EXACTLY what I've been saying all along with your second point I bolded above. He's an AVERAGE QB. Nothing special, nothing spectacular...........AVERAGE. Does he make the occasional spectacular play? Yes. That doesn't make him a grade A QB though. That makes him a C quarterback who makes the occasional spectacular play to keep the drive alive.

7. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

yall can het on em all you want,
    vicks doin his thing!!!!! what yall doin besides watchin em???? LOL

8. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

is kobe bryant the player he was when he came out or the player he has become?
    and the only reason i spoke on his career stats is because he made it seem as if his career stats were terrible. He is improving as a qb and i would def rate him above average. Not a Peyton or Drew Bree's but i think he is better than most qb's in the league. We wont know until he goes up against a better D.

9. I don't see anybody hating on him. Why is it just because people don't agree it has to be hating? You have to be pretty thin skinned to think any hating going on in this thread. Pretty mild discussion on views of his play and caliber of player he is as far as I'm concerned.

10. Just for the record I Believed in his talent enough to beat the Jags by 3 to the tune of 300 bucks so obviously I ain't hating on him. I just ain't blind enough to overlook he played against weak teams and his past career is nothing more than average. This game changer bullshit and one of the top QB's in the league just doesn't fly with me. You can Put your blinders on for whatever reason you want and look through the rose colored glasses all you want. Until he proves it on the field on a regular basis and wins something i'll stick with what I believe.

11. preme

preme CH Dog

vick had no wide out in atl for years , and they still was winning him and alge cumpler, he got weapons now and his shining do ya thing vick!

12. Jayhawk

Jayhawk Pup

Yes the eagles do have weapons but you have to look at the fact that
    the defenses that they have played have been awful

detroit total def 30th 413ypg pass def 26th 265ypg opp qb rating 95.0
    jacsvill total def 29th 404ypg pass def 29th 289ypg opp qb rqting 108.7
    and this week
    wash total def 32nd 423ypg pass def 31st 325ypg opp qb rating 95.0

by comparison the eagles pass def 7th with 183ypg and oppqb rating 64.5

against these defenses even Jamarcus Russell on codein syrup would look good

13. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Regardless of how you feel about the man off the field, on the field he is looking real nice. Now that he is in a system to learn the quarterback position, helps him alot. Dont forget that Andy Reid came up under Mike Holmgren (Brett Farve), I only look for him to improve at the Eagles.

14. preme

preme CH Dog

go steelers ..

15. preme

preme CH Dog

most nfl qb get it @ this point not all but the mine is catching up with vicks body watch out

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

I still wana go to the spca and act like I want to adopdt a pitbull wearin a mike vick jersey!

17. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

lol man something is really wrong with you, i really just dont know where you come up with all this shit lmao

18. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

LMFAO..now thats some funny shit.

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

Lol ask the staff throuhout the visit "now if he aint no good, can I bring em back?

20. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

lmao..................