1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Male Vs Female

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Ninety-Nine, Jul 31, 2011.

1. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

any dog giving up 7lbs to a game one and getting the job done as tug did against dillenger must have been pretty decent, hats off to tug for pulling that one off.....imagine how long it would have gone if SHE had 7lbs on HIM...

2. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Back in 1982 She also beat STB Sarah bred and conditiond bij the late Barney Fife, sarah was the mother of STB Dylan!.

3. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

As for the Catchweigt question! It´s like unlimited class, means you could bring your dog in at whatever weight you´d like aswell as your opponent.
    But also usually as Limey said usually they´ll start with dogs from 53 up. And as for talking weights almost everyone likes to simplyfy things therefore the big ones are all graded as catchweight dogs.
    Concerning the matter male vs female, it depends on the individual dog.
    I know of one dog that was a decent one that let him get almost eating alive by a female that got of the chain and wasn´t interested to fight back, yet this dog was far away from being a cold one!
    So it´s quite unusual but I can´t think of any reason why male vs female should be rated as a cheap match or less worthy contest.

4. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

As for going uphill, it also depends on your dog if you think you could do that!
    Usually you won´t give advantages to your opponent but there have been many proven reports of als well known dogs that went uphill!
    So it´s not unusual!
    To me 7 lbs is drastic but if the dog is as special as Tug you see it could work out!
    I don´t think it´s a dumb idea if someone does it that knows what his dog is able to do!
    As Limey said absolutely not for the average dog or a newbie but competing is always linked to a certain risk and if you want to proof a point then sometimes you have to manage even these disatvantages if you feel that your dog would pull trough.