1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Keeps?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by azdog, Aug 2, 2006.

1. azdog

azdog Big Dog

What is the best all around keep going?

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

How does that saying go "If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya" ;)

There is no one keep running universal, if there was only one good one, either everyone would use it...or only one person would know it. Because you damn sure arent letting out secrets like that.

3. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

the one i like and wish was universal is the KEEP you mouth shut.LMAO!.....to bad folks do use it more often.....:D . no disrespect intended.

4. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

infernalkennels.com has the detailed historical keeps of Don Mayfield, Barney Fife, and another keep that is called The Powerhouse Roadwork Keep. Im not sure which one was better but im sure they all worked.

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Every dog is different. Just like you wouldn't expect every single human being to work out the same exact way & achieve the same exact results, you shouldn't expect the same from a canine.

6. ScrapPack

ScrapPack Big Dog

Jolly Jumper's is great, It's Basically Ca.Jack's w/some mods on it. You really NEED to KNOW your dog & from there decide how YOU want to train him. A keep is nothing more than a training program & as for Mouth, LOL !! That's all up to your dog. A good site on physical conditioning is http://www.thegrandchamp.com/forums/ It is however a serious site for serious people. Hope that can help.

7. azdog

azdog Big Dog

Thank you tin man for your help the other guys were not much thanks

8. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

If you had paid attention, Miakoda was a TON of help. Dogs are just like people in that they are all different and the same excact thing isn't going to work the same for every dog.

9. starlet

starlet Pup

i Like this: "Birth-To-Show Keep" :D

10. game_test

game_test Top Dog

DAMN DUDE HOW BOUT SOME RESPECT FOR THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY TOOK THE TIME TO WASTE KEY STROKES ON YOU. YOU WONT GET MUCH MORE HELP WITH THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE. MAYBE YOU WERENT TRYING TO BE A DICK BUT RE-READ YOUR POST AND IM SURE YOU WILL COME TO THE SAME CONCLUSION I DID.

11. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

I have never used someone elses "Keep" for any dog.... a dog will follow his own Keep. Whether he loses his extra fat and water by eating just vitamins rice and flakes or just vitamins noodles and flakes with a little meat.....compared to a dog that would burn into a skeleton on anything else than chicken and flake and noodles all together...its metabolism and genetics...the things every animal in the world live from...its their law.. some dogs want to run off fat some will walk all day and have amazing wind with 2lbs extra fat....Miakoda is right it depends on each different dog...just take the puppy when its young and see what it likes and see what its habits are as far as eating go....then decide if you would think that dogs best exercise would come from bike riding treadmill or walking and strength work....its all different just make sure you follow a keep detailed and "Custom" to your dog...take like a few good ideas from like 5 keeps and make up your own keep for your unique dog...but just to see how they are...then see how his wind and strength are...see if he is running hot because he had something in his diet he should have had cut out sooner...their is some good dogs that get shaped the wrong way for their personal best and lose ...but in anothers hands they may have won if conditioned correctly...

12. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Yep I also believe that every dog is different so you have to taylor the keep to the dog instead of tayloring the dog to the keep. Now unless you are a experienced dogman the idea of taking ideas from 5 different keeps is not a wise decesion especially for a inexperienced or ameture dogman as he might get confused and his inexperience might make him not knowingly ruin his whole keep if he doesnt know what he is actually doing. Its better he just stick to one keep but change and modifey that one keep to his dog specific needs.

13. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Well I guess your kinda right....I dont think about the slow people out there often....I hope your not slow dude...well I meant like ideas anyway...not to do all of them but study many different keeps to decide what he wants to do...and to see when a dog need something different

14. CB

CB CH Dog

Alot of new people i think like the barney fife keep.

15. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Kinda right? You know Im right lol.....shit most of the people on this forum is slow lol....As for that comment of me being slow No way dude Im on the high speed fast lane internet dogman connection LMFAO hahahaahahahahahaahahha

16. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

17. i am using right now ken allen & a team keep.it is a free conditioning type of keep.you only need to run the dog and walk him.i am running the dog 15 miles a day.(2 hours).he is very well on the runs.he dont pants and his heartrate is always same.i use creatine dmg and glutamine.i am on the last 2 week.i think something must be wrong on this keep.there is no strengh training for recovery in it.today i tired flirtpole with very intense runnings and jumpings. dog was down(panting lot) on 30. minutes.a friend of mine dont this kind of trainings.he dont walk his dog or run his dogs.he only makes strengh trainings with added weights and lots of flirtpole.his dog can make easy 1 hour flirtpole.my dog is 56 lbs black pazmania bred dog.his dogs is mayday bred dog and 44 lbs.i dont have any faith in free conditioning methods.i read alot of time walking is the best way to condition a dog.which i make lot.just a note metabolol endurance is perfect stuff.

18. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Personally, I like Mayfield's keep.

19. mrsmickey351

mrsmickey351 Guest

I heard that Crenshaw has a good keep for beginners. You can add and take away without your keep falling apart.

20. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

First you should take away the Creatine, Your dog dosent need it He will get all the creatine from meat he needs. I Had my own problems with it First it will make you hold water and then you run hot (out of breath) and then you will have blurr vision, I was in full contact MA for a few years and started with the creatine next thing I started to have all the above after about 10 mins sparing. took away the junk and it all stoped! And I know its hard as stone on the insides. Just my 2 cents YIS J