1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Gr Ch Angus

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by NORTH, Jun 1, 2006.

1. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

OK maybe not all but alot of them will, age/health/heat all those things play into the dog .

2. BILLSKI

BILLSKI Pup

Very good info r&r, and I was wondering when someone was goona bring that point up. Not taking anything away from ''the champion of champions'', lol but otis or freddie didn't have too many people shaking in their boots! Instead of focusing on how good angus was, how about we give a lil love to ol' ruby?

3. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

does anybody have any info on Ruby? other then whats already been stated/\?

4. lil mayhem

lil mayhem Top Dog

anyone who thinks a smaller female can't put a whooping on a larger male has never owned a game female....even if the male has bad intentions we're talking about REAL GAME DOGS. WHERE ITS NOT THE SIZE OF THE DOG IT'S THE SIZE OF THEIR HEART.

5. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

LOL ok but were talking about an Ace dog off his chain. If you wanna see the arguements on this find the O'Steven's Homer vs Jeep thread.

6. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Angus put "OTIS" to sleep...Crenshaw and company stopped on the mountain coming home to "TAKE A LEAK"...Opened up the dog box..and there stood OTIS..wagging his tail..So no, he didn't run and get under a car...He supposedly 'choked him out'..But this is all just for "SHITZ AND GIGGLES" anyway...Who knows what happened over 30 plus years ago...

7. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Im confused? Care to elaberate?

8. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Of course, This is all HEAR SAY..And stuff that happened back in the 70's but Otis was a rather dangerous dog. Not a man biter, but if he would supposedly get on anything with hair when he was stirred up, and if you had him on a leash..He would turn and bite you to get away. Crenshaw used to carry a pretty good sized "PERSUADER" with him when would take Otis for a walk. Because when a rabbit jumped up, since he couldn't get to the Rabbit he would turn and bite James..They says James overalls looked like they had bullet holes in them..

All this stuff about Otis running and jumping out of the "HOG CATCHING" box..First I've ever heard of it..Heard Jeep's brother Charlie ran and jumped out..But not Otis he was STUPID GAME..That was all he had..And Angus got into his throat while they were 'CATCHING HOGS"..and put him to sleep..Crenshaw thought his hog dog was dead. And put him the dog box to take him back home and bury him. When they stopped to take a leak coming home, they looked in the dog box, and he was standing there, wagging his tail..He had "PASSED OUT"...That's why they took him home and kept breeding him.. He was like an MMA fighter.."HE HAD GOTTEN CHOKED OUT"..But he never tapped...:)

Now this is a story that's probably 34 or 35 years old..Lots of STUFF could have been taken away and added down through the years..After all it's just TALL TALES being told..:)

9. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

very interesting

10. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Well you can HEAR anything like Ch.Honeybunch..Was she bred like her papers say?..Who knows but Maurice Carver and he's been dead over 30 years...I've heard Iron Head was her father..People Say..I've never seen a Jeep dog look like Iron Head..well I've never seen one look like Bullyson either. Honeybunch was a "LATE STARTER" I've heard through the years and that's why she was on Crenshaw's and Irish Jerry's yard. Change of place sometimes "STARTS" a cold dog..( Or that's what I've read) and when her motor got started you see that she is listed sometimes as "HOLCOMB"S Honeybunch and Crenshaw's HoneyBunch...everybody wants some credit...

Who knows about these breedings?..Like Champion Slater who was later called Gr. Champion Snake..I've always read and heard he was a dog with "PAPERS" Hung on him..He wasn't off Otis or Honeybunch either..If so..Where were his litter mates?...Kind of odd don't you think?..He never produced anything..So you would think a Son Of Champion Otis Rom and Honeybunch ROM would have produced a Champion Hog Dog down the line..But where are they?..Never heard of any...

J. Crenshaw is dead and gone... Was he a great dog man..No doubt.. Did he make a LOT of money selling puppies? I would imagine he did...Did he sell puppies off "QUESTION ABLE DOGS" ..I reckon he did...Thing is that is old history..People are dead and gone..Besides we are all just telling this HOG CATCHING STORIES for fun aren't we? I know I am...:)

11. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Most Jeep dogs wouldn't look like Bullyson because his daddy is either heavy Cotton Bullet or Heavy Colby depending on which pedigree you believe.. Most times he was bred to family away from Bullyson dogs so it would be odd..

Change of scenery didn't play into Honeybunch she was given time to mature as IJ had others to play with and it paid off. Also she was bred after her first bump and that is when IJ noticed the change and she ended up being a good one.. Seen several dogs hit a level of maturity after being bred, seems to give some change of attitude.. Just like a bitch could be all cuddles then after pups born wanna eat ya ass up..

Crenshaw bought her from IJ as he bought several dogs that originated from carvers yard.. GrCh Snake wasn't hung he was off Otis x Honeybunch hell he looks like them other ugly Otis dogs, and the reason his name is slater is because that is the name his owner gave him.. Crenshaw wasn't the owner he just h/c him.. Snake had several littermates who made good names like Dolly who was also 2x but produced several high level producers like Bridgett, Shorty, Rock, Honey.... Snake other littermate Cogina who produced Orr's Dolly who inturn produced the excellent producers Smiley, Werdo, Abbe.. So he had littermates who were good dogs and good producers.. He wasn't bred a million times so not alot off him, but he did produce Stonewall who needs no history lesson then there was Beauty T who produced several good dogs bred to Spike and so on and then there was Ronnie the bitch who produced Ch Mechanic and Fine Tune and several others so I wouldn't say he didn't produce I wouldn't say he was the best producer but I think he did ok for the minimal breedings...

12. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Well, If you wanna go one step further, Some say Finley's Bo Sir wasn't Loposay's Dubs..But Cotton Bullet II ..Seems old man JR. knew how the Dog Thieves worked and didn't want to everyone stealing his best stud dog. The Soso boys stuff wasn't anything but Old Man Jr. Loposay's stuff for years with a touch of the IJ Grand Champion Weehunt..NOT THE BUSTER STUFF..The Old Man never got to bred Buster...As far as Otis X Honeybunch, I did forget about Two dogs.. Garner's Ronnie produced her fair share of Good dogs..Orr's Dolly was another great producer...But even though he might look like him...I'll still say Snake wasn't off Otis and Honeybunch...Too many old timers who are long gone knew the truth..Or at least they thought they did...:) Who knows who these dogs were REALLY bred?..Been too long ago and many moons ago..

13. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Orr's Dolly was off Ybarra's Cogina bred back to Jeep..I stand corrected on that one..

14. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I'm going off your post you asked where were his littermates? I pointed them out. You mentioned his two names, I explained why.. You said should be a Ch down from that line I named a few dogs who went on to produce many Chs and the Stonewall dog that is one of Rocca favorites.. You said you read change of place starts a cold dog, she wasn't cold just wasn't turned on and she didn't change yards til later in life. Holcomb and Crenshaw dont want credit they earned you might want to find out who Holcomb is.. I did already mention before you that Bo was either heavy Colby or heavy Cottons Bullet depending on how you believe.. The name dubs is suppose to stand for double bullet.. But Bullet got slot of Colby in his bottom so either way don't matter.. Buster passed thru several yards.. Yes Soso boys used offspring off Ch Bo..

Also Ronnie is off Snake she is not littermate to Snake and Crenshaw Dolly.. You already pointed out Orr's Dolly, but there is no reason to believe he not bred as such, because like his daddy he produced more average ability game plugs but when they took it back to Jeep or Rascal/HB dogs they got more complete animals. You gave several reasons why you dont think he bred as such and I debunked those ones.. Before we start paper hanging tales we need solid proof..

15. dolemite

dolemite Pup

Holcomb is IJ..I know that..anybody who has studied these old hog dogs know that...And dogs you have mentioned that were off Otis And Honeybunch i stand corrected. You are right..But I've heard down through the years that Ch. Slater/Gr Champion Snake wasn't bred like his papers said..Always knew there was a bunch of controversy surrounding his breeding. But that was a long time ago..Many moons ago...They were good dogs regardless..:)

16. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I think what was the topic that many said were hung was the breeding of Snake x Missy as Missy was a 2x that had her leg broke during her second show showing gameness then next time out quit in short order then garner bought her and then she became Ch, and folks said it was not the same Missy that quit as Garner bitch looked younger.. So everyone questioned the breeding of him to Missy..

17. garth

garth Big Dog

As this tread is about is about Angus,I would like to know how he produced?Some of my dogs have him in their ped but away back I never talked to Gnat about Angus as I was more into the Charlie/Zebo,Redboy dogs he had.As I have lost his contact info iam unable to ask him some ?s on this topic.Angus most winning get is the Racehorse dog 7x he went to the box an won who can ad some more info on his get.

18. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

I had a snake missy pup looked just like honeybunch she was cold till 5 years old . She proved to be game and I breed her to a son of snooty . 4 pups in that litter 3 died game the 4th won 2 contract and 8 off the chain .................;)

19. Angus quit and they didn't want to lose the forfeit of 10,000 , so they borrowed Homer and got him killed by drawing him too thin and he dried out late in the match. Homer was a better dog than Jeep or Angus. Don't believe it? Where did did Angus go after that? He vanished.

20. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

Angus curred thats why he was never really herd from again . The young dog men today to me seem to make all kinds of excusses for dogs . Beleve it or not it is black and white with a cur I find it funny that so many who have never put the time and miles of road work and sleepless nights putting one in shape have so much to say . Wake up guys cull hard or please start breeding peek a poos or some other shit dog thank you .............................