1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Don’t let loose dogs rain on your parade

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by christy5150, Apr 25, 2023.

1. To make a long story short, was walking my male Rottweiler and my male chinaman dog. Both on leashes, me walking the rottie, my husband walking our pitbull. 2 loose pitbulls came up and attacked our dogs. My rottie is very strong and can defend himself really well until he runs out of gas which doesn’t take long. The owners finally came and got their dogs but our dogs banged up their dogs, before gameness was ever a factor, it was quick. Me and my husband helped separate them also since we didn’t want any dogs getting hurt.

They sued us for vet bills, pain and suffering and were totally blaming us. Their dogs recovered and are fine now but they blamed us.

We won our court case, got our fees covered etc.

Point of the story, don’t let jerks strong arm and blame you when your dogs are leashed and theirs are running loose.
    I hate loose dogs with a passion, especially after this.

Revelator, AGK and Sleep like this.
  2. F.W.K.

F.W.K. CH Dog

Unfortunately, a large portion of pit bull owners are totally irresponsible with their dogs. It is and remains a problem as long as the dogs end up with everyone.

david63, Revelator, stedz and 3 others like this.
  3. chili

chili Big Dog

Wow that’s ridiculous they sued you. They’re fortunate one of those off leash dogs didn’t hurt a human or they would be paying for life.

Indeed FWK, A large portion of people in general are irresponsible dipshits.

stedz, Sleep and F.W.K. like this.
  4. Gotta invest in a fence. Keeps your dogs contained and gives you less liability to worry about. Loose dogs on your property can be shot in most states and you are not liable. Where ever I live, i get a fenced in yard. Plus 3 or more dogs is annoying to walk daily if you also have a 9 to 5.

Glad your rottie is OK. I got a bandogge with Rottweiler blood. Rottweiler x Game pitbull x Johnson Bulldog.

5. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

How does fencing your property help on a walk in public like they were on?

JcLazyX210 likes this.
  6. I own an acre so I don't have to walk dogs anymore. That's what I am getting at. But for people who like walking dogs you gotta really be on your pees and qs.

7. Ssdd

Ssdd CH Dog

Cool flex you own a fenced-in in acre.... I live on an acre and still walk dogs lol. Plenty of ppl own 10+ and walk dogs... even in pubic lol

To go back to the og post.. this person had some "super cool I'm so great" moment that probably never happened on a public walk....

You said fence in their property(nothing to do with the situation) then said if everyone isn't "cool enough" to own a "fenced in acre" should be on the "pee's and qs"(the point of the original fake story)

Great contribution cuz...

8. Damn, those owners had some nerve blaming them! Glad they won the case and stood up for their leashed dogs. Loose dogs are a menace, keep 'em leashed, folks!

9. That'll put the manners on them, they'll think twice before allowing their dogs to cause havoc again.

10. I couldn't even recognized my statement with your own words inserted. Hard to read on the mobile version. I don't really care to walk dogs. Never my thing personally. So I fenced in my yard and the fence is basically 6ft high. Every time you leave your property with your animals, whether it's your fault or not you have to have situational awareness that's my core point.