1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Building a dog house and chain spot

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by AGK, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

2. Robertosilva

Robertosilva CH Dog

3. mitchm

mitchm Pup

Here's a souped up barrel house, the dogs are off the ground, have shade underneath and it looks good too.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

4. phoenix walk

phoenix walk Big Dog

an important thing to remember about insulation in boxes is that it keeps heat in in the cold weather , it also keeps heat out in hot weather

5. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

very nice work mitchm,,,
    similar to what I seen only the side slats or plywood ran to the ground,,,
    if the dogs on a chain that might be the best option so the dont get tangled up
    and in might help with shading the cool dirt a little more under the house for them to get out of the heat...

6. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

I guess with some practice the dog can just leap right in. LOL

7. mitchm

mitchm Pup

I didn't build this one nor was it my idea. I did build one just like it last year and my neighbour liked it so much I had to give it to him. I'll keep in mind your suggestion about running the slats to the ground, good idea.

8. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I built some of these for shade houses,it's not a dog house but I ran mine to ground.They could dig a whole deep enough and wind up getting tangled around the legs.I would cut those legs off for sure.

9. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Oh and my dogs love them for shade,open at both ends ,so plenty of air flow and they lay in them all the time.

10. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol that's kinda what I was thinking, a few of mine would just lay under or on top

11. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Sai had a good point to !

12. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Cut the legs off and let it go to the ground and put a plywood bottom in there and they can't dig from inside to outside.But yee from outside to underneath which is much safer !

13. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Dogs gone dig when they get hot .

14. ginoc

ginoc Pup

is this geachison ?

15. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Yes, that is him.

16. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

This is a great thread AGK, really , nice and simple but very effective setups.This is what any beginner should look at .

AGK likes this.
  17. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Thanks bama. I've been using these same set ups for 2 decades. Simple and they contain. I try not to fix things that aren't broken. Lol. I have tried axles too but didn't like that I could fairly easily pull them straight up out the ground. There's plenty of ways to do it. This is just what I prefer personally.