1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Breakng the news......

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by jeeperino, Dec 12, 2009.

1. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

When dating or being in a long term relationship, when and how do u break the news to your partner that u like to "bulldog". I know for some this would be a deal breaker and might have to stay hush hush no matter what.

Question 2. If your partner is anti-bulldoggin where do u go from there?

2. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Anwser 1. Let em know from the jump, I'm going thru a divorce now(not from dogs but jealousy played a part) and before I get serious the next one needs to know what motivates me in life and has to support me.

Anwser 2. If I like you don't have to but, you gotta respect the fact that I like it. I can do bad by myself.

3. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

Like "Nike" just do it! I wouldn't explain anything, Just do what you do with your dogs and if she has questions address them. As far as someone not liking bulldogs, in most cases that's a simple fix, let her meet 'em. My crib burned up a few months ago and I got permission from my boss at work to tie my dogs out on the yard at work till I got back situated. Everyone at the job except one guy had deep reservations but after one meet and greet with a few of them the rest would come looking for me to meet the dogs. Eventually when I got a new place they were sad to know the dogs were not coming back. They got a kick out of watching me work the dogs out every day at lunch time. Once she see's for herself that all the boogieman stories are "HYPE" they'll grow on her.

4. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Or even worse, your partner says you can get a dog but u can never look at it?? I told her id rather not even own a dog.

You can get a ferrari, but not drive it past 65mph. LOL im straight on that

5. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

Don't tell her, or anyone else, ever.

^^^ You'll thank me for that the first time you hear about a guy or his yard going down as a result of other peoples big mouths.

6. dajuice

dajuice Big Dog

^^^^^I'm with him^^^^^, That goes with out saying!!!

7. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

This might not be the most politically correct statement out there, But really it is none of her business. It is not like your trying to figure out how to tell her something awful, I mean for goodness sakes it is not like your trying to tell her you have been in jail for murder or something.

Be the man of your home and if they are your dogs you bought with your money and are taking care of them then that's all there is to it. This is a harmless thing and she should be happy your spending your time with bulldogs instead of in other womens beds and such....;)

8. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Yes very true ol timer. LOL

Here is the case, we live in an apartment and can have 1 dog. My friend is gonna give me a pup out of a fire breeding , but she is gonna get attached to it if i get it i KNOW it. I explained to her that its a working dog and it might have to be eliminated if it doesnt meet standards . She doesnt want it touched and wants a baby not a dog, I will ONLY own APBT's and refuse to get another breed. Soooo, I guess there will be no dogs for us.

Ive tried to show her books, videos, invite her to gatherings etc.....she wants NO part of it. But when the money comes she surely has her hand out LOL.

moral of story.....FML

9. RedGoodbye

RedGoodbye CH Dog

Its a new relationship sooooo use youre head or rot in jail, Woman have a tendacy to call dem peoples even if its not warented when thay get mad.

10. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

yes sirrrrrrr

11. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

To quote William Congreve:

<small> "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned / Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." </small>

12. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

Find a nice girl who likes real bulldogs. :)

But, as a girl myself, and whether or not I appreciated the activities in question: I wouldn't want to be with someone who would go around my back, my business or not. I can see why someone would refrain from spilling secrets, but if you are going for a long term relationship then you can't avoid it forever.

13. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

im married but if i was looking,with these dogs a big part of me the new women would have to know about my dogs way before it gets serous.not that she needs all imfo but enough to no if she will work or not.

14. mac 11

mac 11 Banned

Fellas take heed to that quote

15. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

If you guys are going to go "bulldoggin", have some respect and just do it alone, okay? Then you won't have to be bitchin' later on when she does something you don't like.

Wouldn't it just be easier to go it alone -- in all respects? NO REASON to drag someone else into it.

Dreamer

16. WWII

WWII Banned

Why would they have problems with you going to dog shows?......:cool:

17. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

this hits close to home for me... i'll just say we're not together anymore.

18. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Don't even tell her, bitches will bring you down and set your ass up proper like if the mood suits them, take it from someone who learned the hard way, never tell a woman where, when or even that it's going to happen, save yourself the headache and possible set up because they feel the need to get back at you for something........:D

19. magnoilaotis

magnoilaotis Top Dog

Great thread! I know this question has bothered alot of us. You can be straight forward or you can do like me and put feelers out. A comment here and a comment there can give you an idea of what you are dealing with. Take your time though, as said before about a scorned woman

20. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

You know, just don't get involved if you are going to live that lifestyle! What would be the purpose?

How would you feel if she was hiding something important from YOU? This immensely affects you, her and any kids that get brought along....and in a way that means peoples' LIVES!

Make it easy on yourself!

Dreamer