1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

angular limb deformity

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by 918eva, Mar 28, 2010.

1. 918eva

918eva Pup

have a friend that bought a pup, from what seemed a reputable breeder,one that had many show dogs etc; anyway, so the pup was just diagnosed with bilateral frontal angular limb deformity. the pup did come with a health guarantee, but the problem they're having is the kennel they bought pup from said they will not refund there money because the problem is something that just occurs and is not fully based on genetics. they are trying to work with my friend,but is the kennel correct. is it genetic or is it just something that happens. what should my friends do?

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

i think it only happens when the pup has been hurt like door shut on the pup some kinda truma.not 100%

3. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

looked it up and seems to be only from trauma as far as ive found.

4. 918eva

918eva Pup

yeah, im not taking sides on this one cause im not sure whether my friend is in the right, but im curious myself to know.i know all the other pups in the litter dont have the problem or any deformities.i'd just like to know if it's genetic or not.

5. act284

act284 Big Dog

need pics to see...sometimes angular limb deformity is thrown on as the diagnostic when it could be more...I work at a vet...but Id go to a vet to be sure

6. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

Going by the information you've presented I think the breeder should let your friend get another pup. Not many if any will refund money.

7. 918eva

918eva Pup

yeah, thats what the health guarantee offers, but what about the pup my friend has, she is going to have to have surgery the vet said, so should they be keeping that pup and gettting another pup from the kennel they got that one from. the breeder said they will not have another litter til at least 2012, and that will be from same dam as the pup and will be her last litter. they dont wanna wait a couple yrs to get one

8. 918eva

918eva Pup

there vet did xrays and said that is the problem