1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

9 miles!

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by =^^=GYPSYKITTIN, Oct 31, 2009.

1. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

Ok so I run my brood as often as I can for about 3 miles every other day or so.
    well this morning I took her out, I let her out of the jeep and she's ready to go!
    I started off at 15 miles an hour and she kept passing me this time so I got up to 25 to stay far enough ahead of her so shes not breathing exhaust (always breezy where we live and I don't run her if it's not)
    so she keeps up at a dead run for 9 miles! I stopped the Jeep thinking surely she's got to be exhausted by now but when she got to me she stood there wagging her tail with her mouth shut breathing calmly waiting to see what I would have her do next!!!
    I know I have built up her stamina and endurance but had no idea how much til this morning!!!!!:eek:

2. coco0889

coco0889 Big Dog

Thats crazy! How old is she?

3. PERRO

PERRO Big Dog

That's amazing. How is she bred?

4. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

august she turned she turned 3.

5. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

6. Out the ASS! That is how she is bred, I owned a few off Josephine and they were great dogs!

7. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

hehe....
    You remember how good Reno looked after I started conditioning her! LOL!!! I seem to have a knack for that even when I was new to the dogs way back when!!!

8. I am going to dig some stuff out of storage next week and send you a few keeps.

Yeah, Reno looked good!

9. Not trying to brag or compete with you but my dog can do that too lol
    You got a nice looking dog keep up the good work! I just started a serious conditioning program for my dog. Before I was just letting her have fun, if that makes sense. It wasn't considered conditioning to me it was, chasing after Deer is fun so GET IT! lol Even as a ity bity pup I had her running after deer and rabbits, I let her jump in the shallow part of the creek. One of the best conditioning tools that I wasn't even thinking about was when the deer would hop over the creek and she had to hop in swim across and climb out.
    I just did a lot of stuff like that, so now that I am actually seriously thinking about how to condition her. I am really expecting some BIG results. I want to find her limit and maybe even break past it lol.:D

10. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

don't blame you one bit!!! LOL!!! now I'm gonna put her through a keep just for the fun of it!!
    she loves to work and she's sooo powerful and determined yet enjoys all that I get her to do!!!

11. My dogs keep began a couple of days, can't wait to see the results!
    I just look at fat labs etc dogs that are just in a fence and I feel kind of bad, their owners think they are giving them a good life but their not. My dog has lived more in one week than a lot of dogs will their entire lifetime.

12. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

that's the gospel man!!!!

13. StopBSL

StopBSL Top Dog

Great story!

I run Mush Mouth sometimes outside the van lol. He goes between 20 and 30mph at all times or he will be in front of the van. He has run a ways, I never clocked it though. It's always uphill in the woods.

He loves it!

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Let me get this straight you are driving your Jeep while running her with the lead tied to your jeep?

15. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

no, We live way out in the country and there lots of dirt roads with nothing for miles and miles but homesteads that were abandoned during the dustbowl. she runs free behind the Jeep.
    I always drive out to where I let her out and watch for cattle and or any other animals and make sure the way is pretty clear then backtrack for her to run.
    She actually gets depressed when we have to skip her run.I hand walk her everyday and run her every other day.

16. alabama

alabama Big Dog

If only.......:)

17. peppapig

peppapig Banned

im hoping the yank miles are shorter than the uk measurement....:D:D ...you know....like that old chestnut..."i once caught a fish...TTTHHHHHIIIIISSSSS BBBBIIIIIIG"...........:p:D

18. john5

john5 Pup

in english, you get me blood :)

19. p1tbull

p1tbull Big Dog

wish i had the space for that kind of stuff. Got any picture of her?