1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

NY: $7,000 reward offered for pit bull’s return

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Vicki, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

By Eli George, WIVB.com Producer Published: Monday, March 31, 2014, 3:11 pm

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – An animal rescue group is offering a combined $7,000 reward for a dog that has gone missing from the Buffalo Animal Shelter.

“Ginja” was seized in December 2013 along with three other dogs after police found them at the home of the pit bulls’ former owner, Shanon Richardson. All four of the dogs were malnourished and court documents show Richardson had treadmills, weights for the dogs’ necks, hormone growth pills and needles filled with fluids – all indications of dog fighting.

Richardson, a cell block attendant employed by the City of Buffalo, was charged with six counts of animal cruelty. Then, months later, Ginja disappeared from the shelter. A shelter employee tells News 4 the dog was being housed in an area of the shelter that is accessible to the public.

Guardians of Rescue, an animal rescue group, has put forward a $5,000 reward and combined it with a $2,000 reward from animal rights attorney, Matt Albert.

If you have any information on the pit bull’s whereabouts, call police.

[​IMG]

2. david63

david63 CH Dog

Well good somebody stole their dog back.

3. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

I was thinking the same damn thing. 7K reward so others don't get that idea.

4. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Glad they got their dogs back from those thieving ass crooks.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Darn tooten lol

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

6. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

It seems like every pit bull taken away by the animal control agencies is malnourished. This might actually be true sometimes, but I think it's an exaggeration in most cases. I think the thought of starving dogs makes the animal control people look better for taking the dogs from people. Then, once they feed them for a while, they go ahead and kill them! Animal welfare my ass!

7. david63

david63 CH Dog

When have you ever heard the Humane Society say that dog looks real good very well taken care of the Humane Society will say he's not being taken care of he to skinny he has fleas he Scarred up. SO F### Humane Society and if it was my dog I would have done the same.

8. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

how in the hell does having a treadmills and weight insinuate that they were fighting? Obviously the condition of the dogs says one thing. But how do they know those weights weren't for weight pulling? I'd hate to think that if someone came to my home and saw i have a carpet mill, spring pole, and weight pull sled they would think i was fighting my dog.

9. david63

david63 CH Dog

In the eyes of the Humane Society. Those things you just mentioned makes you a do fighter. in Detroit owning a carpet mill is against the law I believe.

10. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

wow thats crazy! Sorry I prefer not to have a fat couch potato of a dog, we are athletes.

11. allichi23

allichi23 Pup

Wondering if the dog is fix by now. (Production)

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

so you see why I say F### the Humane Society of the United States. The majority on this board feels the same way.

13. FrankDublin

FrankDublin CH Dog

Hate to be the nay sayer but the dog is scared up looks like fighting to me should have not gotten caught on another note atleast they had the nuts to steal her back lmao

14. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Is it just me or does anyone else wonder hoe god the dog was that they would go through the trouble of stealing it back, lol. Musta not been that bad.

15. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

i suppose those marks could be from a kennel accident or other things too but hey i don't think they considered it when they filed it. Maybe it was stolen to get some of the charges dropped that the person was wrongfully charged with. Who knows..

16. the.peon

the.peon Top Dog

Very possible.

17. david63

david63 CH Dog

MY dog got into a fight with a reccoon scarde his face up pretty good too.

18. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

you know 3-4 years ago when I got my first dog i didnt have fenced yard but now i got a break stick in every room, medical kit, 2 spring poles out back with some hides drying on trees, a freezer full of organ meat and a slatmill to come soon. im sure if someone wanted it bad enough they can put some charges on me and who to say im innocent? i getting the dog in shape to do some vermint hunting so im sure bite marks and scratches to follow soon. best thing you can do is take pictures of the small game you kill so you can back your story up if it comes down to it but we should not have to cover our tracks like this. ii would not be suprised if an angry neighbor called the authorities on this person for some unrelated dispute.

19. toom

toom Big Dog

That looks like a bad case of mange to me.If so maybe the owner did'nt seek help or proof of any treatment.If you show me a photo of a healthy strong dog I'm with yah ALL DAY.All I know is my dogs are strong healthy bulls.Your all acting like everybody who owns a pitbull is the best dog owner ever,,,,,LOL,,,,I've met more NITWITS with these dogs,,,,you ask them the most simple question about there dog and there clueless.Or before they buy a bag of dog food for there starving dog there buying a bag of weed.

20. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

^Sad but true...