+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default urine smell in yard

Hi everyone. I am wondering how to get rid of the urine smell in my yard. Our backyard reaks. We do not keep our dogs chained, and I also want to keep the grass...or else I have a mud pit for them to roll in and then have to bathe them before they come inside. We also have a 6 yr old daughter, so anything we use would have to be nontoxic and safe. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Stacy

Default Re: urine smell in yard

i am sure it will work with dogs, but with goats/hogs, we use agri lime, put it down 1 time a week in the pens, and no smell!! mabey it will work for you

Stop feeding cheap kibble and your problems will go away!

We just use bleach and water and it does'nt hurt the grass.....should'nt take long to absorb this time of the year, just keep everyone out of the area temporarly....have also used pinesol
    Last edited by RHI; 08-05-2005 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasbulldogs
    How would cheap kibble contribute to the smell of urine? I thought urine smelt like urine regardless of what you feed. If you eat filet mignon everyday will your urine smell better?

I would love to feed them the premium kibble, but at this point its not an option. So it's either keep them on the Purina, or don't feed them. Don't bother suggesting rehoming them either. I know of no one interested in taking in a neurotic 5 yr old dane or a 6 yr old bullmastiff and giving them good homes. We have thought about placing our 6 month old rednose pup, but the only people we've had interested in her were interested in using her in their breeding/fighting program (until they found out we had her spayed, then we get the comments of how we ruined the dog).

Quote Originally Posted by snugglbutt
    I would love to feed them the premium kibble, but at this point its not an option. So it's either keep them on the Purina, or don't feed them. Don't bother suggesting rehoming them either. I know of no one interested in taking in a neurotic 5 yr old dane or a 6 yr old bullmastiff and giving them good homes. We have thought about placing our 6 month old rednose pup, but the only people we've had interested in her were interested in using her in their breeding/fighting program (until they found out we had her spayed, then we get the comments of how we ruined the dog).
    Actually snugglbutt, it costs less to feed a premium kibble such as canidae then it does to feed low quality foods like ole roy, purina, etc. This is because there is no filler in high premium foods so although it costs more for a bag, the dogs will need to eat a substantial ammount less premium food and that makes the bag actually last alot longer than the same size bag of cheap food. There has been an entire thread about this already, you might want to search for it. Very intresting.

How would cheap kibble contribute to the smell of urine? I thought urine smelt like urine regardless of what you feed.
    You put poison in…that’s what you get out! If you feed a premium quality kibble or a properly balanced BARF diet, you will not have the stained yellow grass spots nor will the dogs feces smell!

How would cheap kibble contribute to the smell of urine? I thought urine smelt like urine regardless of what you feed.
    You put poison in…that’s what you get out! If you feed a premium quality kibble or a properly balanced BARF diet, you will not have the stained yellow grass spots nor will the dogs feces smell!
    LOL, dog feces wont smell. Yeah and my $#@! turns purple and smells like rainbow shurbert.

I feed eagle pack holistic chicken and rice. his urine still smells like urine and it still kills the grass. I dont think theres a whole lot you can do about it.

msheely no disrespect, but Texas is correct.

We just use bleach and water and it does'nt hurt the grass.....should'nt take long to absorb this time of the year, just keep everyone out of the area temporarly....

WE DO THE SAME..........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	brn pit red lettersblk.jpg‎
Views:	122
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	3248  

Quote Originally Posted by jankab
    msheely no disrespect, but Texas is correct.
    So let me guess your dogs urine and feces dont smell either. Damn that must be great a dog whose $#@! doesnt stink. He should run for president.
    Next thing your going to tell me is your $#@! smells like roses!

Well since we're not on the topic of my sh*t we're not going to discuss it, but you are more than welcome to come stick your nose in my bathroom anytime you feel inticed!

And my yard does not smell like urine or feces so I must be doing something right!

Well since we're not on the topic of my sh*t we're not going to discuss it, but you are more than welcome to come stick your nose in my bathroom anytime you feel inticed!

And my yard does not smell like urine or feces so I must be doing something right!
    LOl, may have to take you up on that. I doubt the fact that your yard not smelling like urine or feces has to do with what your feeding. More likely that it has to do with proper clean up and hygene. I wasnt stating that you should not feed quality food, all i was saying was i doubt it would make your dogs urine and feces not smell. If you could provide evidence to the contrary I would be quite interested.

We clean the yard twice a day, but unfortunatly, males urine stinks, so by bleaching, it smells much fresher, plus, helps sanitize.....

LOL! I understand what your saying "sh*t stinks" but, it is a fact that with proper feed, which means less or no by-product, you keep the dogs ph balance which creates less waste, smell, and gas.

I only have a couple inside dogs, and a big property for them to do their buisness on when they're out...so i don't have a problem..but my grandparetns own a dog kennel and they get a LOT of customers, and she also uses a bleach water mix, works well and doesn't kill grass...but like swamper said, keep em out of the area for a while.

LOL! I understand what your saying "sh*t stinks" but, it is a fact that with proper feed, which means less or no by-product, you keep the dogs ph balance which creates less waste, smell, and gas.
    Yeah, proper diet may help less gas(seen or smelt this myself), less stool, not as strong urine, but its still going to yellow the grass and smell. Amonia is amonia.

I feed eagle pack holistic chicken and rice. his urine still smells like urine and it still kills the grass. I dont think theres a whole lot you can do about it.
    That there is your problem (feeding eagle pack)...since they came out on the dog scene they've chemically changed the pH balance on their kibble 4 times. Guess it's much easier to chemically change something than just make a better kibble? Any case you can "think" all you want, it still doesn't make it a fact! Now we all know why you don't get paid too "think"!
    If the food ones dog or wild animal consumes doesn't matter...why can't you see/smell urine/feces in the wilderness that has wild canine and feline inhabiting it?

Iowa (Where your food and your foods food comes from)

I use to feed a poison just like Tex said, called SportMix, I thought it was good from reading the ingredients... but upon suggestion and advice I researched what Tex said and he was right, Now Im feeding Canidae. A little research wouldn't hurt ...its all here somewhere in another thread. Tex wouldn't lie to you and tell you to feed your dogs something that wasnt good or lie when he says it is poison. He is telling the truth and my dogs feces and urine are considerably less smelly. PH balanced is the key there...And Im feeding a ton less.