+ Reply to Thread

Default Registering an ADBA and UKC???

I recently ended up with a pup that's mother is ADBA and father is UKC. Now, the person I got him from isn't quite sure on what you would do to go about trying to get the litter and pup registered since UKC doesn't allow anything to be registered into them. They say you must register them first before registering elsewhere. Is this true and does anyone know just how we'd go about getting the litter registered?

Default Re: Registering an ADBA and UKC???

I Know The Ukc Will Register A Dog On Inspection Alone. I'm Unsure Of How They'd Do It If You Had Some Background Papers. They'd Probably Use The Numbers From Both Adba And Their Own On The Sire.

lol Have the father registered ADBA

Then register the litter ADBA (you can do that all at the same time)
    Then, if you want the pup to be reg UKC, you have to wait till the pup is a year old, PAY to have the UKC come out and evaluate the pup and deem the pup eligable for registration..

Just out of curiosty..why didnt ur friend take care of all that before breeding??

Well, it was an accidental breeding, and the only reason I have a pup from it is because mine was in desperate need of a playmate. He gave him to me thinking it couldn't be registered, but if I can find a way to register him, then I plan on it. Both parents have great papers, so hopefully he'll turn out to be good also. I'll try to contact the UKC to see what they say and if all else fails, maybe I can get him to register the dad ADBA! lol

He gave him to me thinking it couldn't be registered, but if I can find a way to register him, then I plan on it.
    Ok, I'm kind of confused. Are you trying to register the dog with the breeder's permission? Or does he not want yout to register it & you want to anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    Ok, I'm kind of confused. Are you trying to register the dog with the breeder's permission? Or does he not want yout to register it & you want to anyways?
    He would like me to figure out how he and I could actually get the dog (and rest of the litter) registered. If we can't do it, or it would be a pain in the butt, it won't be a huge ordeal because like I mentioned, he's a playmate for my other one. If he had a computer I'm sure he'd research it himself and if he had means to get out, I'm sure he'd do that also. He's just an old disabled man that makes a living by his dogs believe it or not, but has never had this situation arise. We are just seeing what the options are here.

I would just let the situation rest.

There are options.but it adds up to a mound of paperwork for a molehill.You would have to dual register the sire ADBA,then register the pups.Or harder still,have the mom inspected for UKC then register the pups.It all adds up to a lot of money and Pain In The --- for really nothing.If the dog is going to be just a playmate and not used for any showing,I say have him neutered and don't worry about it.Just love him.

Quote Originally Posted by DozerTBoldDog
    He's just an old disabled man that makes a living by his dogs believe it or not, but has never had this situation arise. We are just seeing what the options are here.
    Nobody should be using these dogs to make a living. If in fact you, or him, or whomever is breeding dogs for the sole purpose of making money, then you need to get out of the dogs now, as this is the wrong reason.
    BB