+ Reply to Thread

Default What is the kind of my pitbull?

Hello.
    My pitbull is 8month old and i want to know if he is a american pitbull/black nose/blue nose.
    Picture of him :

Default Re: What is the kind of my pitbull?

He looks like a apbt but you won't know without the per papers. He looks good tho

Nice looking dog... he looks like an apbt..... since you have no pedigree, I would just call him a pitmix and enjoy him..... by the way Blue Nose and Red Nose are not a type of pitull.. Thats just the color of their nose...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitman24 View Post
    He looks like a apbt but you won't know without the per papers. He looks good tho
    thanks, look at those pictures of him :

i really wanna know what is the kind of him.
    i was reading tuts all day about pitbulls.

he was 6 month old here :

can u give me some pictures of black nose pitbull and blue nose pitbull ?

good lookin bulldog just be happy with him.

He's a Black and White bulldog.... Simple lol

the dog got a black nose so he is a black nose lol

Very good kind of pitbull you have

NonStOp, I know the kind of answer you are looking for but that type of answer doesn't exist the way you want it to. Most of the people looking for that answer don't have have a clue on this breed yourself included, but don't take it as an insult. It is just a matter of you taking the time and making the effort to learn a little about this breed known as the APBT and you yourself in time will be able to see how an answer to your question does not apply.

A "pitbull" in the strict sense of the word does not exist, it is just a general word that people use, but a "pitbull" breed does not exist. So is your dog a pitbull type dog? Sure, the dog fits the description, but i guarantee you that there is no place in the world where you can get "papers" to certify that your dog is a bona fide "pitbull." Is your dog a certified American Pitbull Terrier? Without the appropriate papers to certify this, then no, the dog is just a mutt. The dog could genuinely come from registered or unregistered APBT, but for all intents and purposes it is just best to consider the dog, as soemone already stated, a pitbull mix.

Pictures of "bluenose pitbulls" exist all over the net. Those pictures are of the breed now commonly know as American Bullies. There are, though, some game bred APBT with blue noses and blue coats, but those are few and far between and are not bred for that specific trait, per say, as American Bullies are bred. One of the most clearly difining factors that differentiate the AMerican bully and the gamebred American Pitbull Terrier is that the APBT is bred for function primarily. Given that overriding factor, there are many colors of nose and coat within registered gamebred APBT, one of those combinations being black nose/black coat. Look up the term "black dogs" here in the forum using the search function and you will see a couple of threads that will show pictures of black dogs with black noses. A lot of other dogs with coats that are not black also have black noses. Also look up the term "blue dogs" and you will get to see one particular thread about blue dogs that are registered APBT gamedogs.

good luck

He is a Black nose mutt...Nueter the mutt, feed it and take care of it.... Its a very good looking Pitmix mutt.

Quote Originally Posted by babedulce View Post
    NonStOp, I know the kind of answer you are looking for but that type of answer doesn't exist the way you want it to. Most of the people looking for that answer don't have have a clue on this breed yourself included, but don't take it as an insult. It is just a matter of you taking the time and making the effort to learn a little about this breed known as the APBT and you yourself in time will be able to see how an answer to your question does not apply.

A "pitbull" in the strict sense of the word does not exist, it is just a general word that people use, but a "pitbull" breed does not exist. So is your dog a pitbull type dog? Sure, the dog fits the description, but i guarantee you that there is no place in the world where you can get "papers" to certify that your dog is a bona fide "pitbull." Is your dog a certified American Pitbull Terrier? Without the appropriate papers to certify this, then no, the dog is just a mutt. The dog could genuinely come from registered or unregistered APBT, but for all intents and purposes it is just best to consider the dog, as soemone already stated, a pitbull mix.

Pictures of "bluenose pitbulls" exist all over the net. Those pictures are of the breed now commonly know as American Bullies. There are, though, some game bred APBT with blue noses and blue coats, but those are few and far between and are not bred for that specific trait, per say, as American Bullies are bred. One of the most clearly difining factors that differentiate the AMerican bully and the gamebred American Pitbull Terrier is that the APBT is bred for function primarily. Given that overriding factor, there are many colors of nose and coat within registered gamebred APBT, one of those combinations being black nose/black coat. Look up the term "black dogs" here in the forum using the search function and you will see a couple of threads that will show pictures of black dogs with black noses. A lot of other dogs with coats that are not black also have black noses. Also look up the term "blue dogs" and you will get to see one particular thread about blue dogs that are registered APBT gamedogs.

good luck

Best answer your going to get...................

Quote Originally Posted by NonStOp_ View Post
    Hello.
    My pitbull is 8month old and i want to know if he is a american pitbull/black nose/blue nose.
    Picture of him :

Nice pic. The is only one kind of "pitbull" IMHO,it's the American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT). Now in the breed there are different families of dogs but those are different by reasons of their family tree instead of coat or nose color. If you have a black nosed dog,it's just a black nosed dog but it's not a type of pitbull. If you have a ped that will tell you how your dog is bred and a bit about where it came from as far as it's genetic background. There are also the bullies and am bullies,that we get our dogs lumped in with but they are a different kind of dog really bred for a type of look or color over function. Hang around and read a lot and you will get the general idea about the breed. BTW,your dog looks nice and hope he makes you a great pet.