Closed Thread

Thread: Early Puppies

Default Early Puppies

My $#@! dropped her pups at 6-7 weeks. Is this normal?

Default Re: Early Puppies

so im guessin at around 50 days? ..........im not sure, doesnt sound good though..........

hopefully someone with some experience in this can help....but if you dont have a $#@!wad of cash saved up for the vet, the things i would reccomends is getting you a heat bulb & pad for the incubator......and also some puppy formula with colostrum ASAP!...good luck hope all works out....

No that's waaaay too young and I've never heard of a $#@! dropping at 6 weeks into term. At that age there's no way the pups would live. Sounds to me like you have no clue as to the date the breeding took place or when the $#@!es heat started.

that where my thouds 2, are you nowing the right date off breeding. have you dith the breeding several days ore at 1 day,

I agree with boogieman.

The date I tied them together was on the 10th of January. I know the date. She dropped pups 45 days later. She wasn't looking good though through the pregnancy and I had her on 26/18 kibble, milk replacement, 16 oz warm water, wheat germ oil, fish oil, 250 mg iron and she still didn't look healthy. She welped 4 pups. 2 males and 2 females. She ate the 2 males (not my happiest moment) and the females are still alive and fine. I just wanted to know if anyone has had a $#@! drop early like this before. I was concerned because there was a stray male running around and it had access to the area where my dogs were at but I caught her early in the heat cycle. She was still bleeding. Thank you for your responds.

There is absolutely, positively, no $#@!ing way your $#@! dropped in 45 days. That's a fairy tale.

Don't know what you call early in the heat cycle since she was bleeding.
    For me early in the heat cycle means when the $#@! starts to swell.
    btw any person who wants to do whats right, keeps a calendar.
    I know exactly when the least heat was and in wich time frame the next 1 is going to happen.
    Have to agree with boogie, if she did dropped at that age the pups would be dead.
    Maybe the stray got to her lol

in a word, no that's not normal. a week early i might say they'd have a chance, but 2 weeks? how was their hair growth? along with lung developement ? if they appeared 'normal', no doubt you got your dates mixed up.

We aren't going to entertain this anymore. Either the OP doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground about the dates or they are lying. Pups born 18 days early would never even draw a breath much less live. That's almost 3 weeks early.

CLOSED