+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 142
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    179

    Question Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quite a few "dog people" have said they're convinced Rudy's a Patterdale/APBT and it's just got me curious of what this cross looks like. He definitely does have similarities to both breeds, here are a few shots of him. (The black and white one)







    Does anyone have pictures of this cross?
    Please post them if you do. I'd love to see them!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    porterville
    Posts
    520

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Not a big fan of these mutts

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    gloucester
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    A lot of patts specially the short hair type resemble sbt n apbts due to the fact some lines have a bit in the lineage yours has the same hint of it i have seen in many , the apbt and sbt patts i saw years ago average around 30lbs not sure of the size of yours but he doesnt look course enough to be a 50/50 mix,
    i know that was a bit vague as i only have limited experience of the x , as i prefer a patt to be a patt, as the cross is usually to big for ground work and they hard enough anyway so never felt need to add anything , hope that helps a little

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
    Not a big fan of these mutts
    x2 why cross a bulldog.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,870

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
    Not a big fan of these mutts
    So your not a fan of working dog crosses but your a fan of big blue bullies please stop posting your opinion we do not care about your opinion it is "YOURS" and we can do without it please and also stop posting information when you have no clue about the topic you giving information about

    and to the OP here ya go found these on a website for crosses

    Click image for larger version

Name:	PitterPat Rage Peanut Adrian Renteria.JPG
Views:	1801
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	23157Click image for larger version

Name:	sanchezpitterpat1.jpg
Views:	2087
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	23158

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,870

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by maydaymatt View Post
    x2 why cross a bulldog.

    a lot of folks breed them for catch dogs and add the APBT in for a tad bit more size and to gain other attributes it is a working breed cross how could you not be a fan of a working dog hell im a fan of any dog that earns it's feed period

  7. #7

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    i got one female i kept had a young pit pup hit one of my pats in heat and i gave them all away and i kept one female she allmost a year and she showing good signs but to be honest her nose is not as good as my pats and she more bulldog acting
    love her engery! but there no need to cross just use a pit for bigger game i will use her for the big coons cause one pat
    cant beat a coon one on one with out taken a lot of damge i'll try to post a pic of her

  8. #8

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
    Not a big fan of these mutts

    don't meen no disrepect but what do you think blue pits are !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,870

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
    i got one female i kept had a young pit pup hit one of my pats in heat and i gave them all away and i kept one female she allmost a year and she showing good signs but to be honest her nose is not as good as my pats and she more bulldog acting
    love her engery! but there no need to cross just use a pit for bigger game i will use her for the big coons cause one pat
    cant beat a coon one on one with out taken a lot of damge i'll try to post a pic of her

    It is extremely hard to use a game bred APBT for big game because of the extreme dog aggression which is also why they cross

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    left field
    Posts
    1,220

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by maydaymatt View Post
    x2 why cross a bulldog.
    because the crosses make some good dogs. how do you think they came up with the patterdale in the first place?
    we crossed a small bulldog $#@! with a patterdale and got a whole litter of hunting dogs with noses as good or better than the "pure" patterdales. cross the half breeds back to patterdales and you can hardly see the bulldog in them, the size comes back down to under 20lb. one more generation to a patterdale and you won't even see the bulldog in there. look at any patterdale pedigree and you will see alot of "unknown" in there. 9 times out of 10 its either bulldog or lakeland, maybe a little JRT. patterdales aren't really a breed, more a type.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Is that a privacy fence made of pallets? That's awesome.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by AGame View Post
    It is extremely hard to use a game bred APBT for big game because of the extreme dog aggression which is also why they cross
    i have a freind who hunt boar and has game dogs to hunt u have to school them at a young age but if there no boar he will go after the other dogs

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,870

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by spaniard View Post
    i have a freind who hunt boar and has game dogs to hunt u have to school them at a young age but if there no boar he will go after the other dogs

    I never said it was impossible but it is more trouble than it is worth you don't want to be on the hunt having to worry about breaking dogs off dogs and taking care of that hog too

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Thanks for the input everybody! And the pictures, AGame.

    While I understand the controversy around the topic, I can't help but laugh at how any mentioning of this cross brings forth a debate.
    I mean, this dog is a second-hand mutt for all I'm concerned, there's no way to know what he is, though curiosity gets the best of me sometimes. He's been sterilized and I didn't have anything to do with the breeding or anything like that, just so you all know.

    But, for the record, I've got no problem with someone Xing working breeds with good reason, so long as they're responsible in doing so and keep track of anything they produce. In fact, I respect such people a lot more than the majority of the people I've met who breed "pure" dogs.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by bamboo33 View Post
    Is that a privacy fence made of pallets? That's awesome.
    Yes, it is. And thank you!
    Keeps the dogs in and others out, gives us some privacy, it's sturdy, easy to construct and was nearly free. Haha!

    Just to make this thread more adorable, here are a few more shots of the little $#@! with my other mutts, Bransen and Jade.





    He's a great little dog, I love him a lot.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Thought I would add a little info, Rudy weighs about 35lbs now at 9 months.
    He's got some interesting "features" that I've noticed over time. The pads of his paws have fur halfway up them, it's like a really soft, thick velvety fur though. I've never seen that before... He has a brindle patch on his leg that's getting more noticeable over time, which I've been told happens from time to time. On the back of his neck, he has one hair that is like a double coat type of thing, it's a single white hair that is more coarse and longer than the rest of his coat. It was gone for about 3 weeks (probably fell or got pulled out somehow) then it grew back the same again.

    As for temperament, he's got a lot of drive for toys and small animals (anything smaller than a cat) but it's usually all body language, no vocalizations. His energy is through the roof and his favorite things to do are eating, chasing (flirt pole, fetch, etc) and digging.

    I don't know if any of these things mean anything other than he's a mutt, but thought I'd mention them.

    (I wish my replies would merge like they do on PBC. Haha)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    east limerick
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    to get a very very good earthdog,first xs can be a bit clumsy underground-i.m.o a dash of bulldog adds that extra something to a working terrier-people have been doing it for the last 200 odd years.A few pups i bred (about 1/3 pitbull,1/2 patterdale and the rest plummer terrier)-its the chocolate coloured ones-they are about 6 months old now http://s905.photobucket.com/albums/a...ierney_photos/

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    east limerick
    Posts
    145

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by Bransen. View Post
    Thought I would add a little info, Rudy weighs about 35lbs now at 9 months.
    He's got some interesting "features" that I've noticed over time. The pads of his paws have fur halfway up them, it's like a really soft, thick velvety fur though. I've never seen that before... He has a brindle patch on his leg that's getting more noticeable over time, which I've been told happens from time to time. On the back of his neck, he has one hair that is like a double coat type of thing, it's a single white hair that is more coarse and longer than the rest of his coat. It was gone for about 3 weeks (probably fell or got pulled out somehow) then it grew back the same again.

    As for temperament, he's got a lot of drive for toys and small animals (anything smaller than a cat) but it's usually all body language, no vocalizations. His energy is through the roof and his favorite things to do are eating, chasing (flirt pole, fetch, etc) and digging.

    I don't know if any of these things mean anything other than he's a mutt, but thought I'd mention them.

    (I wish my replies would merge like they do on PBC. Haha)
    By your description id say he has border in him_most patts do

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Yeah? That'd be cool. Whatever he is I love the little bugger!
    Thanks for showing the pictures too, they're cute!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: Patterdale/APBT cross pictures

    Here's a picture of him from today.


Similar Threads

  1. apbt/platterdale terrier cross
    By wisconsindog in forum Dog Discussion
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 03:33 AM
  2. want patterdale or cross 2 hunt
    By Boarkiller in forum Patterdale Terriers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
  3. bullterrier apbt cross
    By calikeith in forum APBT History
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 09:54 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
  5. DENVER 38 APBT-before / now pictures ***PLEASE HELP***
    By Verderben in forum Pit Bull News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 11:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts