+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Mayday vs. Chinaman

explain what frisco had to do with the ROM status of Chinaman....??????
    either would work for me....the easiest way to prove a dog is not bred the way he is papered is for him to notch five or six wins, and then produce several champions and a bunch of winners....then for whatever reason he/she is never bred as papered..always amazed at this....give me either of these two and then tell me they are off Lassie and Benji with an out of Rin Tin Tin....and i would say set a date and a weight and we can 'discuss' their heritage...if i were into that kind of stuff....US1

Quote Originally Posted by babedulce View Post
    Chinaman.

So the knock by some against going against Chinaman on this choice is because of the offspring controversy surrounding Frisco. So this might be a stretch, but one particular controversial issue on Frisco's ROM status centers around the number of registered offspring that it took for this stud to reach ROM. I can see 1176 "kids" on Frisco's offspring list through a well recognized and equally controversial online registry. I can also see 736 for Mayday on the same site. That would make it a ratio of 7 to 10 which if taken through the scope of simple mathematics is not much of a difference like say the ridiculous ratio that either of these dogs would produce when compared to dogs that were studded out way less but still achieved ROM status. But we are talking about the offspring of Chinaman against Mayday. Chinaman's Rom status is against a list of offspring that by the same site is 188 or roughly less that a 2 to seven ratio which, statistically makes a world of difference. Without Frisco Chinaman still had ROM status for obvious reasons.

All objective considerations aside I personally prefer Chinaman because of ancestry in light of its fastlane finishing ability, although I will have to admit that it would be better to start with either Yellow or Chinaman, then I would be all ears as to people's opinions, because of the solid pedigree that Yellow represents in and of it self to go along with its achievements.

Yeah not sure why people keep bringing up Frisco, this thread is NOT about Frisco. And Frisco was NOT Chinamans claim to fame, he earned that all on his own.

Chinaman because I prefer dogs of his size and his breeding.I prefer dogs down from China Tom than Frisco I know Tom proved him self,Frisco I don't know.

mayday he's a grch pluse just game'er

Quote Originally Posted by Naustroms View Post
    Chinaman. Mayday was too damn big.
    my perfect bulldog wold be chinaman in a mayday size dog ie a big chinaman

chinaman. thats a no brainer for me

Mayday by far. That is my opinion. Not a Garner bash but that is what I like.

Exactly, Frisco has absolutely nothing to do with Chinaman's ROM status or his achievements, but somehow Chinaman is always guilty by association.

I'll take chinaman,yall can keep them ban dogs.lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Robinson View Post
    Mayday. Solid bloodline. Excellent producer. Big (which I like but of course understand not everyone does), solid nerves in his descendants (a big plus in my mind).

The problems I have seen in some Chinaman dogs tops the list with weak nerves. I don't like that myself. Also, a reliable source informed me that Chinaman was sold prior to his wins because he was cold for quite some time...and was a late bloomer.
    Starting late has no reflection on the dog being good or not and did not reflect on his offspring

Quote Originally Posted by benson View Post
    my perfect bulldog wold be chinaman in a mayday size dog ie a big chinaman
    That would be a beast to handle.

mine would be mayday of course, but 2 diff caliber dogs. what is it that you are asking in action, producer, what exactly are we choosing?

if we're talking versus each other like in other threads I'm still going with Mayday too big too strong and he didn't have quit in him. Think it would have been great match though.