+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Aunt/Nephew or Mother/Son?

Lately I've been hearing in this small town I live in that inbreeding your dogs make them crazy. Do I believe it? Nope. I've seen many a good dog come from being "Inbred", and so I'm asking for your opinions on "Inbreeding". Just to see what I get back, as well below....

I have a buddy Ronnie who's wondering about whether he should breed the Aunt of his dog back to his 2 yr old boy, or should he breed the Boy back to the mama. I told him about this site so he asked me if I would post on here for him. Let me know what you think, and I'll relay the info.

Default Re: Aunt/Nephew or Mother/Son?

Sounds like the people in that small town don't know $#@! about breeding dogs.

Does your buddy Ronnie have some pedigrees we can see?

Tell your buddy ronnie to shoot them mutts and take up the fish breedinghobby. Theres no harm in that

i have gold fish to start him out with

Damn,.............Another backyard pond peddaling fish breeder. lol

Inbreeding will hurt more than it will help unless ur breeding 2 world class dogs with world class dogs behind them. 9 times outta 10 its the wrong decision if you ask me

Hey guys,they got dogs in his town that has gator mouth and does death rolls! Hows that not world class?

Cause it doesn't have the star in it eye. C'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by northdogger View Post
    Hey guys,they got dogs in his town that has gator mouth and does death rolls! Hows that not world class?
    That was in Florida actually. :s I never said Gator Mouth was a real bloodline. I just was telling what I seen, and what the tale about that ByB bloodline was. Either way this post is getting off topic, and since no one here can actually give a straight answer to a post I suppose this is good as dead.

@Cadibuck I doubt he has any Ped on his dogs. Dude just has his dog's. They make good dogs for him, and he likes what he has so he wants to try and keep them as tight as possible from what I'm getting.

@Laced Wit Game You're a mutt apparently. lol

Here's you a definition. (:

Mutt (mt)
    n. Informal
    1. A mongrel dog/cur
    2. A stupid person; a dolt/simpleton.

Just my suggestion, didnt mean to hurt your feelers!

Mollies breed fairly easily

Quote Originally Posted by Laced Wit Game View Post
    Just my suggestion, didnt mean to hurt your feelers!
    No feelings hurt. When asking opinions you're guaranteed to get answers back that are smart ass'd etc. No worry's there bud. Just figured I'd give you some of what I get. Lol

Although I've only ever heard a dog called a Mutt if there was a very noticeable distinction that the dog indeed was mixed with something. Not just because the dog didn't have the Ped to back up it is in fact a Pure Blooded dog But alas I'm 20 years old. I've only been raised around Pit Bulls for 14 years. So I definitely do not know everything there is, more than a lot I in fact don't know, hence why I ask here. SO thank you for answering the questions I do ask, and I will share what I do know. May it be wrong? Then please do correct me, but not with opinions. Give me facts. That is all I ask lol

Inbreeding is a tool of many methods to breeding. Typically when you want to know all the bad that's in your dogs inbreeding will bring it out in the offspring and will allow you to outcross to fix what's lacking and bring in more desirable traits. No one can point which direction to take your friends dogs without knowing the dogs first and what's behind them. Breeding IMO is a science an Art it's best not to breed unless it's done for the sake of improvement or bettering what you already have to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by sadieblues View Post
    Inbreeding is a tool of many methods to breeding. Typically when you want to know all the bad that's in your dogs inbreeding will bring it out in the offspring and will allow you to outcross to fix what's lacking and bring in more desirable traits. No one can point which direction to take your friends dogs without knowing the dogs first and what's behind them. Breeding IMO is a science an Art it's best not to breed unless it's done for the sake of improvement or bettering what you already have to work with.
    Thanks for the insight Sadie.

how many dogs behind said dog has he seen? how many of the offspring & siblings has he seen? you got to think about that before you think inbreeding.will it make them "crazy" depends on what crazy means to you. you can get $#@!ed offspring. some may look physically normal but they can be touched mentally. things like that happen offten when there's lots of inbreeding behind the offspring. dogs take to inbreeding differently & the only way is to breed & wate. but you got to keep all there offspring & breed them to see the inbreding full circle. he looking at the better part of 10 years. if he has time & $ to burn try it but don't be suprised if he gets nothing.

Aries I would like to offer you some advise in hopes that none of what I write offends you since as a "dogman" your years experience supersede mine.

I have had the chance to read your posts since you joined the last couple days. From your own accounts you have 14 years "experience" with pitbulls but you are just 20 years old and that expereince has mostly been assisting your father, if I am not mistaking. So just like you said you do have a lot of experience but you also have a lot to learn as you rightfully admit.

So here is a basic question that I would like for you to consider. As a pitbull fancier, do you just endeavour to feed and breed the average (mediocre) back yard bred pitbull and contribute to a growing population of "mutts" and "curs" or would you like to do justice to your current experience and actually engage in the APBT and, with your potential, possibly participate in refining and advancing the breed recognized as a pure working breed by only a handful of registries?

Alot of the comments that you have made are either the product of immaturity, ignorance, or malice, and I intend no insult with this assertion. For example in this thread you basically want advise on what many would consider a backyard breeding. That would be the reason why some asked for peds while others just ridiculed you.

Now if your question was the result of immaturity that would mean that while you do have experience with "pitbulls" you lack experience in the APBT and the community (cyber and real world) and its specific aims, one of which is to maintain the purity of the breed in future generations by some means of verifiable means, in other words pedigrees, blood lines etc. If your question was the result of ignorance then because of your young age you might not have made this distiction yet and therefore are under the impression that there is no difference between the goals of backyard and the so called prefesional breeders. If your question was the result of a malicious intent then you are aware of the distinction and are just asking the question to see how many feathers you can ruffle by stating your question in a certain way so as to achieve that goal.

My advise would be to take the general experience that you already have in pitbulls and become specifically involved with a bloodline that you prefer based on extensive research, personal preferences, among other factors and leave the gatormoufs, deathrolls, and backyard breeders along with the rest of the nonsense and maybe just maybe some of the very same people who are ridiculing you now will be referencing your dogs in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by babedulce View Post
    Aries I would like to offer you some advise in hopes that none of what I write offends you since as a "dogman" your years experience supersede mine.

I have had the chance to read your posts since you joined the last couple days. From your own accounts you have 14 years "experience" with pitbulls but you are just 20 years old and that expereince has mostly been assisting your father, if I am not mistaking. So just like you said you do have a lot of experience but you also have a lot to learn as you rightfully admit.

So here is a basic question that I would like for you to consider. As a pitbull fancier, do you just endeavour to feed and breed the average (mediocre) back yard bred pitbull and contribute to a growing population of "mutts" and "curs" or would you like to do justice to your current experience and actually engage in the APBT and, with your potential, possibly participate in refining and advancing the breed recognized as a pure working breed by only a handful of registries?

Alot of the comments that you have made are either the product of immaturity, ignorance, or malice, and I intend no insult with this assertion. For example in this thread you basically want advise on what many would consider a backyard breeding. That would be the reason why some asked for peds while others just ridiculed you.

Now if your question was the result of immaturity that would mean that while you do have experience with "pitbulls" you lack experience in the APBT and the community (cyber and real world) and its specific aims, one of which is to maintain the purity of the breed in future generations by some means of verifiable means, in other words pedigrees, blood lines etc. If your question was the result of ignorance then because of your young age you might not have made this distiction yet and therefore are under the impression that there is no difference between the goals of backyard and the so called prefesional breeders. If your question was the result of a malicious intent then you are aware of the distinction and are just asking the question to see how many feathers you can ruffle by stating your question in a certain way so as to achieve that goal.

My advise would be to take the general experience that you already have in pitbulls and become specifically involved with a bloodline that you prefer based on extensive research, personal preferences, among other factors and leave the gatormoufs, deathrolls, and backyard breeders along with the rest of the nonsense and maybe just maybe some of the very same people who are ridiculing you now will be referencing your dogs in the future.

Yes my experience has been more-so assisting my father. So honestly you have more experience in professionally handling this breed. I've trained the dogs in simple obedience. I've had great pets. Have I had top of the line papered dogs? I can't say I have. I guess if I was more into the professional side of the APBT I would get more into having Papered Ped dogs. It honestly is probably just my ignorance. But I'm eager to learn more which is why I joined this forum. I figured what the hell so to say.

Hell in just the time I've been here reading I've learned a lot about "Myths" that are common with what you all, and now I refer too as a Back yard breeder. I've never bred a dog before. I've seen them bred but personally I have never put two dogs together and mated them. The majority of my experience with these dogs is from what I have seen with my own two eyes. My main thing is I do not want to help inhumane animal shelters by adding on to the non stop never ending death of a good breed. [Excuse me if I jump from topic to topic.] I love this breed, and have so since I first encountered them which is probably why I haven't ever bred these creatures myself.

I've always wanted to get into the whole show thing with these animals, but I didn't really bother "Learning" until after High school. I want papered dogs with the Ped to back them up. So to your question Sir I actually would LOVE to contribute to the APBT and participate in refining and advancing the breed recognized as a pure working breed by only a handful of registries.

I honestly didn't have any malicious intent. I'll just chalk it up to my ignorance. As I said I don't speak of what I "hear" If I witnessed it with my own two eyes I will relay what I seen. I didn't mean to offend anyone with my ignorance but you'll have to excuse me I haven't been in the "game" nearly as long as many of you here have been.[I mean game as in the proper raising and breeding of the ABPT.]

Anyways I would like to extend a sincere apology from myself to any of you whom has taken offense to anything I said or have done so far. I didn't mean for it to come off offensive It was an ignorant attempt at socializing, and testing the waters with you Pro's.

Best regards, Aries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Pits View Post
    Inbreeding will hurt more than it will help unless ur breeding 2 world class dogs with world class dogs behind them. 9 times outta 10 its the wrong decision if you ask me
    Depends on why ur inbreeding and wat hounds ur inbreeding!!...ima give an example!!... http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...ee&dog_id=7679

Sealer Jr is inbred and was a bad muthafukka and threw dogs wit his same characteristic!... $#@!s 8 ball is another one that threw bad muthafukkas nomatter if inbred or not!!...u can inbred and get wat u want!...inbreeding is a tool that some have perfected, and it also can be a tool to kill a line if u don't kno wat u are doing!

Damn.....everybody gets all robert frost on us n' $#@!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by babedulce View Post

Wow, I really have to take my hat off to you,.....that was a truly classy way of dealing with the situation...