+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default garlic for worms

my father gave the dogs a few slices of a clove daily to prevent worms , recentally i was given a dog from a friend who has worked with the dogs for around 20 years he never used garlic ,, just want to what others think or does anyone else use it also ??

Default Re: garlic for worms

Re: Flea control for yard

Garlic for Dogs - Health Benefits

Garlic has been used for thousands of years in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. It contains at least 30 compounds that have been found to be useful for a variety of conditions from skin disorders to cancer. In fact, holistic veterinarians have been recommending garlic for many years for its multiple health benefits.
    Below are the main health benefits of garlic for dogs:
    Boosting the Immune System
    Garlic stimulates immune functions in the bloodstream by increasing the activities of killer cells (cells that seek out and destroy invading microbes and cancer cells). It is therefore beneficial for dogs with suppressed immune systems and dogs fighting cancer. Moderate garlic supplementation in the diets of even healthy dogs can boost their immunity and prevent cancer.
    Fighting Bacterial/Viral/Fungal Infections
    Garlic is a powerful antimicrobial and antibiotic and is effective in fighting various forms of internal or external bacterial, viral, or fungal infection, including parasites (e.g. tapeworms) and protozoan organisms (e.g. giardia).
    Fresh garlic fed as part of a dog's diet can fight infections of the mouth, throat, respiratory tract, stomach, or intestines. Crushed garlic diluted in olive oil can be used as a topical antiseptic for minor injuries, ear infections, or ear mites.
    Enhancing Liver Function
    Garlic has detoxifying effects. At least six compounds contained in garlic can enhance liver function by helping the liver to eliminate toxins from the body, thereby preventing toxic accumulation that may lead to cancerous growths.
    Lowering Blood Cholesterol and Triglyceride Levels
    Uncooked garlic mixed in with food helps to lower blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels in dogs, making it useful for certain breeds (e.g. miniature schnauzers, beagles) that are predisposed to hyperlipidemia, a condition in which the amount of fats (lipids) in the blood are elevated.
    Cardiovascular Tonic
    A compound in garlic is effective at preventing blood clot formation in the vascular system. It can also reduce cholesterol levels and fat buildup in the arteries (atheorsclerosis). Therefore, it is an excellent cardiovascular tonic for older dogs.
    Tick/Flea Repellent
    The exact reason and extent of garlic's effect on tick and flea prevention is not clear. It may be due to the odor released through the dog's skin as the compounds in garlic are metabolized. Whatever the reason, there are a lot of anecdotal reports on the effectiveness of garlic (especially in combination with brewer's yeast) as a tick/flea repellent.

GARLIC IN LOW DOSES IS GOOD FOR ADULT DOGS AND ITS CHEAP!

Re: Flea control for yard

Originally Posted by bgblok68
    Hammer head what do you consider a low dose for a dog? How much per ten pounds of body weight?

Garlic for Dogs - How Much and How Often?

According to Gregory Tilford, (author of All You Ever Wanted to Know About Herbs for Pets), dogs can quite safely consume 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder per pound of food 3 to 4 times a week.
    Dr. Martin Goldstein (author of The Nature of Animal Healing) recommends adding garlic to home-made pet food and he himself feeds garlic to his own cats and dogs on a regular basis.
    Dr. Pitcairn (author of The Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats) recommends the following amount of fresh garlic for dogs, according to their size:
    10 to 15 pounds - half a clove
    20 to 40 pounds - 1 clove
    45 to 70 pounds - 2 cloves
    75 to 90 pounds - 2 and a half cloves
    100 pounds and over - 3 cloves
    Dr. Messonnier (author of The Natural Vet's Guide to Preventing and Treating Cancer in Dogs) recommends one clove of fresh garlic per 10 to 30 pounds of weight a day to boost the immune system and cancer prevention.
    As with most herbs, at least one to two days off per week or a periodic week off from garlic is a good idea.

hope that helps.

garlic and worms is like pork and jew . not dangerous to either , the old , old guys have been known to use raw tobacco foirce fed

heard that too..........from an old rasta buddy. Half a cigarette in the back of the throat.

next morning you got a hell'va lot of clearing up to do, lol!

you got it !

I have heard pumkin seeds for tape worms.

Too much garlic makes dogs anaemic ...R

I am trying the garlic right now on my dogs. I started out using the fresh cloves. I got tired of chopping all that garlic in the mornings (I have 19 dogs). So now I am doing the minced. I use that, diamaetaecous (sp?) earth, and water with cinnamon sprinkled on top. I am doing the garlic for fleas, the DE for internal parasites and the cinnamon for the hell of it. I read where the cinnamon had a lot of health benefits too. They love it. Also have 3 dogs I am using Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother on too. Will let yall know how it works for me. I take a fat teaspoon of the cinnamon too in the mornings.

thanks everyone i noticed to that they do like it

yup garlic works and the cigarette thing does too. It even works on chickens lol.

I heard chunky peanut butter will do the trick also

chunky peanut butter on toast works on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give my dogs garlic with chicken and rice twice a week
    in addition to their kibble. I have never had a problem.
    If I need to use medicine I give them some
    Ivermectin.
    That kills all kinds of parasites

Quote Originally Posted by hammer head View Post
    chunky peanut butter on toast works on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How did ya get worms in the first place? lol just kidding.

I give a crushed clove directly in the feed once a week. Its very important to crush it just before feeding to the dogs..as the crushing action releases the allicin.

I think garlic is the right option for the worm and very effective every one suggest for the garlic. This discussion is very helpful to know the how garlic is effective for the worm.

There are modern drugs for getting rid of worms in dog so why try home remedies ? as for garlic, check it out , it makes dog anemic if given too much or too often...R

19. Default Re: garlic for worms

yep.can cause kidney problems if used too much.

Need to grind or crush the cloves others wise they come out just like they went in! Garlic oil is better I've used it for the dogs and chickens.