+ Reply to Thread
  1. Question whats the average weight of a full grown female PBT?

hello i have a 12 week old female PBT and she's 20.8 lbs now
    what can i expect her weight to be full grown ? on the average
    Thanks Dickie

Default Re: whats the average weight of a full grown female PBT?

I'm not sure how to calculate how big she will get, but my dog, Jaha, was just 9 lbs. at 12 weeks old.

Best way to know is to look at the parents of the pup. And even then, your pup might be bigger or smaller than her parents, but that really is the best guide. And you can't really go by her weight now, cause some do a lot of growing to begin with, then slow down later on...some stay small, then have a growth spurt...and some grow at a pretty consistent rate (not many, in my experience, but I'm sure some do). Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but there really isn't a definitive answer to your question.

Are you sure it's 12 weeks old. If so that is a big ass dog. What lines are the dog and are you sure it's APBT

6. Default Re: whats the average weight of a full grown female PBT?

Quote Originally Posted by FireBone
    Are you sure it's 12 weeks old. If so that is a big ass dog. What lines are the dog and are you sure it's APBT
    as far as i know and what the vet tells me she's full PBT
    and she was born feb 18 2005.

and at 8 1/2 weeks she was 11.5
    Last edited by pitbull #311; 05-19-2005 at 02:05 PM.

Know vet cant tell you if your dog is full or not because they do not know. But that does not even matter as long as she is as good dog.

Mine was 18 pounds at 10weeks and is prob in the 22-25 pound range at 12weeks. Give or take a week the vet estimated her to grow to about 70 to 75 pounds. Hope this helps

i dont think the vet at that age can predict a dog that big..

Dogs grow at different rates. Some grow fast when they are young pups and some spurt when they get a little older. The runt of my last litter is now the largest female out of the litter. None of the dogs are larger than their parents. On average most female APBT are in the range of 25-50 lbs full grown. The only way to know how big your dog is going to be is to wait and see... Paw size can help determine a little bit. Obviously oversized paws mean they have room to grow into them. Smaller paws that are more proportianate to the body mean they are probably done with most of their growth but they will continue to fill out until 14 months or so. Your guess is as good as anyones....

B

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior
    Mine was 18 pounds at 10weeks and is prob in the 22-25 pound range at 12weeks. Give or take a week the vet estimated her to grow to about 70 to 75 pounds. Hope this helps

My female was 24lbs at 10 weeks and at 13 months she's staying around 65lbs. my vet also said 1 of my males was going to be 75lbs but full grown he's from 50-55lbs. I would guess your female will top out at 60lbs, but let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull #311
    hello i have a 12 week old female PBT and she's 20.8 lbs now
    what can i expect her weight to be full grown ? on the average
    Thanks Dickie
    The females ive raised so far grew quick from the beginning but stopped sooner than my males. I would say your female will end up from 50lbs - 55lbs full grown.

13. Default Re: whats the average weight of a full grown female PBT?

my seven month male pit bull only tops in at 35 pounds so he will be on the small side the pups i have now are 4.5 weeks and are around six pounds hope this is helpful

50 To 70 Lbs Jmho

It is really hard to tell with out knowinf for definite if the dog is full blooded.I had a male come out to be 30 pounds at 10 weeks old,but a sibling end up being 45 pounds at a year.The sire was 50 pounds and the dam about 60.You have to also take into account the amount you feed,the amount of exercise it gets,and the actual size of the dog( meaning height,length,width)