Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: how soon can you tell if breeding took

Don't cut back on a pregnant $#@!'s exercise. Unless you're milling her for 3 hours a day and doing chain drags then yes cut back but you want to keep her as fit as possible.

i think thi swas a good post. very informative for the greener dog enthusiast.

You can't just keep with the same exercise right up until she drops can you? That would be like a pregnant female jogger tryna jog the same distance and speed throughout her pregnancy wouldn't it? Don't you have to slow down at least a bit sometime during the $#@!'s (four legged one haha) pregnancy?

Keep her healthy. But she should be healthy and fit before you breed her. Not conditioned, but healthy. You can take her on daily walks up until the last 3 weeks of the pregnancy. But not intensive exercise.

We get the xrays so if they tell me 5 pups, I expect 5 pups to be born. If I got 4 on the ground and she's not producing the 5th I know she needs more help than I can give her. Don't make sence to take a deposit for pups off an xray when you never know if all will survive. But I could see how people would do that.

I just have to ask,....who decides what's a stupid question and what isn't?
    Now, I know some questions are way the hell out there and don't deserve the bandwidth they're taking up,....but, if folks don't ask questions,...what is the site for? Is it just for a few folks to tell each other "nice breeding" or "nice ped" every few days?
    I get the whole "do your research" thing, but suppose folks don't know all of the questions to ask or where to ask them,...why not just put up some of the info you have and let folks get more educated. Seriously, the same five balls-scratching topics redux gets a bit tiresome. If some want to keep a private knowledge club, why not just put up an honest notice on the home page of the site saying, "Notice, if you're green, or don't know $#@!, don't expect to get any info here, because we know it all and don't care to let you in on the secret." Everyone who asks a less-than-informed question isn't a dumbass out to breed a litter; and every "expert" and "dog-man" on here isn't the knowledgeable stand-up individual they pretend to be............or get props for being...........now are they? Keep it real folks. The way I see it, if that dog has already been bred,...there's nothing any internet breed-guardian can do to make the dog pregnant or not, and hell a point in the right direction could help prevent bigger mistakes down the road. And, thanks to those who took a minute to inform instead of flip folks off and power-trip. Oh,....as for the "use the search button" retort,......you try using it to find out about something besides TG and tell me how it really goes for you. Hell, at least the Google poster wasn't too far off,....I find more specific help/posts on this board by using Google than I do from using the board's own search function. What does that tell ya about the mighty "search function"?

Sic em, HCH...Laughing.

Thread Closed
    OP question was answered.