+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb My Pitbull pups ears

Hello I was wondering why does my pups ears flop on his forehead?? Everyone who sees him says "I guess he doesn't need cropping" (that thought never crossed my mind) and I dnt know anyone elses pup with the same ears as mine...
    His Mom is half Blue nose, and half Red Nose
    His dad is a blk nd white pittie ( he looks exactly like a Pittie but is blk and white)
    Never seen the parents because I got him at a shelter at 6 weeks...
    But they gave me the info on what they were...

I just want to know when I first got him his ears were on the side, now they're on his forehead...its cute though.

Thanx

Default Re: My Pitbull pups ears

Oh $#@!! U got that Half blue nose, Half Red nose blood? MAn thats a hard ass cross. You cant find them crossed like that anymore. Two of the best bloodlines put together. See the red nose blood gives u that killer instinct and the blue nose blood gives u that that head size, and power. Take that pup and breed it to a Gatormouth and u got something Serious.......

They probably flop because he moves his head. I've never seen as many people so worried about the way thier dogs ears look. If they're not bleeding or infected whats the big deal? Looks of his ears is the last thing you should be concerned with.

Theres something wrong with my dogs ears...there's only an inch of them left.....I knew those vets were up to something...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChDynomite View Post
    Oh $#@!! U got that Half blue nose, Half Red nose blood? MAn thats a hard ass cross. You cant find them crossed like that anymore. Two of the best bloodlines put together. See the red nose blood gives u that killer instinct and the blue nose blood gives u that that head size, and power. Take that pup and breed it to a Gatormouth and u got something Serious.......
    lol thats great
    give her a brake she don't know no better.this is what most people think..
    the general public believes the color of the nose is the pit bulls bloodline/type.
    o.p.) color of the nose is just that color,it means nothing. chdynomite is just busting your balls...truth is puppy ears do alot of flip flopping till they get the way there gonna stay.you got the dog from the pound so theres no telling what that dog really is.can you post a pic?

dont worry about the ears, just focus on raising a healthy, level headed dog.

meh there just ears haha theyl grow into what they "should" look like

Stick around you have sooo mutch to learn.
    Ears dont make bulldogs. Dont worry about the dogs damn ears.

P.S. You are Bink's OWNER not MOMMY.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoodbye View Post
    P.S. You are Bink's OWNER not MOMMY.
    i wud have to agree

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

:d:d:d:d:d

Quote Originally Posted by spliff View Post
    lol thats great
    give her a brake she don't know no better.this is what most people think..
    the general public believes the color of the nose is the pit bulls bloodline/type.
    o.p.) color of the nose is just that color,it means nothing. chdynomite is just busting your balls...truth is puppy ears do alot of flip flopping till they get the way there gonna stay.you got the dog from the pound so theres no telling what that dog really is.can you post a pic?
    I agree. It isn't their fault and you don't help unless you try and correct them nicely or they will just go on about it thinking they are right.

I don't give a $#@! glue the $#@!ers down blah blah it don't make a bulldog but I don't like my bulldog looking like dumbo neither.

Quote Originally Posted by BinksMommy926 View Post
    Hello I was wondering why does my pups ears flop on his forehead?? Everyone who sees him says "I guess he doesn't need cropping" (that thought never crossed my mind) and I dnt know anyone elses pup with the same ears as mine...
    His Mom is half Blue nose, and half Red Nose
    His dad is a blk nd white pittie ( he looks exactly like a Pittie but is blk and white)
    Never seen the parents because I got him at a shelter at 6 weeks...
    But they gave me the info on what they were...

I just want to know when I first got him his ears were on the side, now they're on his forehead...its cute though.

Thanx
    That $#@! just made my day..

Now to your question. Puppies get into various growing stages, which in some cases includes getting those funky ears. Most of the time the ears will grow back into the nice rose-ears, however in some cases they don't. If you really want the ears to be 'normal' you can do what most showbreeders do and tape them into the rose form. Keep them taped untill they don't go up anymore, and repeat if they do. Other than that there's not much you can do about it, unless you feel the need to crop.

What stood out to me in the OP was that the shelter told her the info on the parents and gave information like half rednose and half blue nose. The ignorance is being propagated by the shelters as well.

"His dad is a blk nd white pittie ( he looks exactly like a Pittie but is blk and white)"

Also, this made no sense, are you suggesting pitbulls dont come in black and white?

I think you have a lot of learning. To start you off here is some basic info

1) There is no such thing as a pittie - there is however the American Pit Bull Terrier, and a number of other breeds that are commonly mistaken for the American Pit Bull Terrier.

2) The American Pit Bull Terrier comes in many colors, and these colors do not make the dogs a different type or breed from each other. An APBT can be black ,red, white, brown, grey, brindle, or any number of color combinations. The color of their fur matters just about as much as the color of my shirt - even less because dogs are not about fashion.

3) Nose colors can also vary, this is the same as fur color above. A dog with a red nose is no different than a dog with a black nose or a liver nose.

4) Your dog might or might not be an American Pit Bull Terrier, most likely it is a mix of several of the breeds often called "pit bulls" but you cannot be sure since you got him from a shelter. Just love him and raise him right and be a responsible owner.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheHounds View Post
    I think you have a lot of learning. To start you off here is some basic info

1) There is no such thing as a pittie - there is however the American Pit Bull Terrier, and a number of other breeds that are commonly mistaken for the American Pit Bull Terrier.

2) The American Pit Bull Terrier comes in many colors, and these colors do not make the dogs a different type or breed from each other. An APBT can be black ,red, white, brown, grey, brindle, or any number of color combinations. The color of their fur matters just about as much as the color of my shirt - even less because dogs are not about fashion.

3) Nose colors can also vary, this is the same as fur color above. A dog with a red nose is no different than a dog with a black nose or a liver nose.

4) Your dog might or might not be an American Pit Bull Terrier, most likely it is a mix of several of the breeds often called "pit bulls" but you cannot be sure since you got him from a shelter. Just love him and raise him right and be a responsible owner.
    Very honest and very true. Great post! Wish there was more like you out there to do this. BTW, yeah got to loose that mommy thing, not because these APBT and you got to be tough like the dogs. It is animal nothing more or less.

Like this dogs ears?

If so I wouldn't worry about them. He made out just fine with his ears flopped on his forehead.

I actually prefer their ears this way + its illegal to crop in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin View Post
    Like this dogs ears?

If so I wouldn't worry about them. He made out just fine with his ears flopped on his forehead.