+ Reply to Thread

Default Bandog References

Alright so my brother just recently lost his year and half year old Rottweiler puppy due to a snake and is looking for another protection breed. He wants another Rott but since he has two children (4 year old girl and 1 year old boy) and the rott was my niece's he doesnt think she wants another Rott...I've been doing research and apparently the Bandog is a good Protection dog with Children thats what he's looking for..any help would be greatly appriciated...or info thanks

Default Re: Bandog References

Honestly i would go with a more established mastiff breed. but thats just my opinion.

yea i really like bandogs but im gonna go with budboy on this one

get a amb they are more established breed

So I have a friend who breeds what they call the Manson Family Bandogs. In the few short years that they have been breeding they have dogs with titles in PSA and Schutzhund. They are some hog catching fools and some great around the house dogs. He was a American bulldog guy but the AB has too many health and temperament flaws so he went another direction. And has had a ton of success. The dogs remind me of big APBT. They do obediance like a freaking Malionis or GSD but with better power and athletic ability. They used a big azz dagger bred dog named manson to breed to one of his American bulldog $#@!es and that where it all started. You will not find anyone with a more fair price on a pup and who will back that very same pup up 100%. There are two other breeders who breed "banddogs" and neither one of them can show you the titles of the MFB. When the breed Kimbo back to his mother, I will consider a pup from that myself. Kimbo reminds me of a 35lb gamebred bulldog but he is 98 to 100 lbs in good working shape.

you need to speak to Lee from chimera kennels, if you wait im sure he will answer.
    he will be able to tell you if they are suited to your needs. personally i wouldnt own one with kids or without plenty of experience.
    im pretty sure his dogs would put any decent rotti to shame with its drive.

i would thing a Boerbel or a bull mastiff would suit the needs better.

research and contact Al Colister or Joe Lucero, I've been around these dogs for a long time and wouldnt suggest anything else. This is the source and I will eventually have one inside my house as I work nights

play nice Lee

Best bandogs out there. http://www.ccdlusa.com/

mommy2kane
    I wouldn't say it was because the American Bulldog had too many issues. It was more because J.G. had good AB's but this Manson was a monster and they decided why not give it a go. They have been successful in many venues in a short time. My boy Slim is out of one of their early foundation breedings, Max x Sealy. I'd recomend a -good- AB or one of the Manson Family Bulldogs

I've heard good things about the Manson Family dogs, they consist of presa, ambulldog, tosa, and a little bit of apbt. I've seen some videos of them and they seem to be one of the smaller bandog breeds out there, but they get the job done.

I suggest you go to the Bandog Banter board .there people over there that can give you some good advice.

Guys i would say that the best Modern breeder at Bandogs is Joe Lucero.
    I am from Greece,my close friend is On/Off Bandogs who is the best Bandog breeder out of the states.
    He cooperates with Joe Lucero and his bloodlines comes directly from him.

Some recent pics

And some videos of pups first-second time tested..

Male at 13 month old
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsyPjlaEN_A[/ame]

Female at 10 month old
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLHVcpcciIo&feature=related[/ame]

Junkyard, thanks for mentioning us.

Sampson,

If I can help, we will be pleased to do so. If you choose to go elsewhere that too is cool. I just wish you success with your goals and needs. There are many terrible "bandog" programs out there, but there are also a few good ones (which others have mentioned above). Be sure to tell the breeder what conditions the dog will be required to live in and how you expect your dog to behave in those situations. Although no program is 100% successful, a good breeder should steer you the right way and also guarantee the dogs from their program. You will probably be fine dealing with any of the programs that have been mentioned above, including Gale's, Manson, Lucero's, or Ancients. Each of these individuals has had enough success under their belts by now that as long as you clearly explain to them what you need, you should be fine.

It sounds to me that what you are looking for is not just a "Bandog," but one that is capable of being what we refer to as a "Family Companion Guardian." Click on this link to review our beliefs on dogs that live with families and that also serve as guard dogs. You want a dog that not only can do the work, but that is also stable enough to be cool with the family. What good is a protection dog if you can't have it around your kids? I call that a liability. You want STABILITY, DRIVE, and CONFIDENCE. One without the others is useless in a family guardian.

your dogs look spot on to me lee, looks alone would put most of i bet. Would be worried about pit being in any dog i owed due to the laws in the uk and not wanting to do the breed any more damage...country is so messed up that your dog attacking a criminal and youll probally be called a criminal.
    Had an american bulldog never done any work with him but he had great gaurding instinct and was a very loyal dog...was grabbed up by a junkie while parents was on holiday and dog grabbed him without me saying a word.

Smile Re: Bandog References

Yeah impressive lookin beasts!

thanks everyone,

alot of good replies and things to think about..

I'll be sure to tell my brother about the ppl y'all refered me too..

Any suggestion here is a good one to go with or at least start with. Good luck!