+ Reply to Thread

Default Laying down like a frog??

Ben only lays with his legs like a frog (example attached) I recently had someone inquire about him and said he had excellent bone structure and only dogs with excellent bone structure lay like this? WTF? Does the way a dog choose to lay have anything to do with it's health?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ben in grass.jpg‎
Views:	343
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	2014  

Default Re: Laying down like a frog??

I hope so...lol Almost all my dogs will lay like that..lol

Quote Originally Posted by JennKBM
    Ben only lays with his legs like a frog (example attached) I recently had someone inquire about him and said he had excellent bone structure and only dogs with excellent bone structure lay like this? WTF? Does the way a dog choose to lay have anything to do with it's health?
    lol Jenn some people dont think before they speak..lol i attached a pic of one of mine that lay like that..i guess she has excellent bone structure..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	new 081.jpg‎
Views:	163
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	2015   Click image for larger version

Name:	dogs 087.jpg‎
Views:	161
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	2016  

It's quite a funny site - though it was nothing new to me. I wondered what in the hell she was talking about though... Maddie NEVER lays like that and I wondered if there was actually something to it or not? I thought he was cooling his "boys" off or just like the way it felt, LOL... I never heard of such having to do with their bone structure

My boy and girl both lay like that. It's hilarious! Mojo (the boy) meets someone new and gets down with his fronts legs spread out sideways!

Mine wil lay like that 90 percent of the time. Looks comfy. Lol.....Now if he would stop peeing like that! Anyone else have male dogs who dont lift their leg. Imagine the pictures above, with their front legs extended, and back legs still on the ground. Thats how he urinates. Kinda funny!

i'm pretty sure its a flexibility thing. its like the butterfly strech is to us. if your dog doesn't lay like that it doesn't mean he has bad bone structure, but maybe it doesn't feel good, or he can't stretch like that

SLICK WILLIE Guest

I must be in good health cause I lay like that sometimes to! LOL

It's not a health thing, it's a comfort thing. But it's cute

Jenn, he's a "bullfrog"!
    Last edited by miakoda; 02-08-2005 at 11:57 PM.

lol...i think befor i speak and speak befor i think...lol....but my cody i believe lays that way so she can pass gas better it seems to be louder that way ...no jk lol....i swear she needs a plug...goooosh!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by dora; 02-08-2005 at 11:48 PM.

Both Of My Babys Lay Like That. They Seem To Be Quite Comfortable.

Well, shes a dork then, LOL....... I'll stick with the thought it has more to do with cooling off his "boys"..

Dora - Ben had gas that could evacuate a building, , I tend to believe it was his food. Though he still tends to evacuate us on occassion it's nothing like it was. Sometimes, I think he does it on purpose, LOL.

i have to agree i believe codie does on purpose too....at least you can hear her do it ..that is my Q to run...lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 14rock
    Mine wil lay like that 90 percent of the time. Looks comfy. Lol.....Now if he would stop peeing like that! Anyone else have male dogs who dont lift their leg. Imagine the pictures above, with their front legs extended, and back legs still on the ground. Thats how he urinates. Kinda funny!
    3 outta my 4 males pee like that. But those 3 are still young. My sister was walking the oldest male that still 'squats' to pee (he's 13 months now). She saw him 'squat' and said "What's wrong with him??? Oh - that's a female, it's squatting to pee." I told her "Nope - he's a male. Just doesn't lift his leg yet."

It doesn't look so strange for the other two to do that, because they are both so small - they look younger than they are to me (7 months and 10 months). But to see the 13 month old do it - its hilarious. He's a tall boy at about 22", weighs about 50-55 lbs. So, to me, he's a big boy! (I'm used to 18" 40lb dogs when mature.) Anyway - it sure is funny to see such a big dog squat like a girl!

HA! Ben done a pee & stretch last night, we about died, it was so funny. I have an idea of what your talking about. We tied his little tire toy (what's left of it) to the carport and he had a fit running around chasing it, thought he'd never quit so we had to take it down. I guess he wasn't sure if he should lay or pee so he got a two-for!

HA! Ben done a pee & stretch last night, we about died, it was so funny. I have an idea of what your talking about. We tied his little tire toy (what's left of it) to the carport and he had a fit running around chasing it, thought he'd never quit so we had to take it down. I guess he wasn't sure if he should lay or pee so he got a two-for!
    What I'm talking about is a male 'squatting' to pee. 3 of my males are still kindda young, and don't lift their leg to pee. Even my oldest male, sometimes his pees seem to last forever (usually 1st thing in the morning), and he gets tired of holding his leg up, so he'll drop it and just stand there to finish peeing.

Quote Originally Posted by 14rock
    Yeah I have a 2 year old male that sits exactly like that 90 percent of the time or he sits like a turkey with his feet tucked underneath him and his legs out to his sides. Also dont feel bad he pees while squatting too. I thought it would just be something he did as a puppy and would stop eventually but ummm....yeah I dont think he will be...lol. Oh well, I wouldnt trade him for anything so who cares...lol

I have a bullfrog too. Do other breeds do this?