+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fastlane dogs vs old school stock

There is no:Fastlane dogs vs old school stock As back in the days there where fast lanes dogs as wel.. I do belive that today there is way LESS consistancy in the dogs then in the 80/90 of the previus century then today!!. the old school breeders of those area and befor them who where able to keep lots of dogs and who whent to conventions who where able to show of many dogs of there own into famelies of others are fading FAST.
    and people with 3 /4/5 dogs is more comon these days. Being less able to breed serius consistensy and uniform strains if you like. Not being able to know what the hell there doing ore what the hell they talk about . i see more best to best breedings in this eara . and thats not for the better in my eyes.

fast lane dogs of yesterday are just as good mabey iven better considering the more uniform strains and consistensy, then fast lane dogs of today. who are more scaterbred then ever befor.
    Todays people tent to foget that back in the day pre 1976 and short afther there where diferend people in the game. sure crooks as wel but difgerend . no boys from the hood ore white trash who never finished grammer school who could not read nor wright nor being able to feed themselfs in a proper way let alone take care of our bulldogs.. resulting in the divelopmend of these type of dogs and in the most exstream case these rediculees RAPPER pits who today are called bully,s.

The understanding of the dogs today is minute of what it was yesterday. people read a couple of books spend lots of time on the internet and have 1 ,2 ore 3 dogs and think they know!!!.. they compeat behind the screen give the older wizer guys $#@! and a hard time because they are behind ascreen.and pretend they know. and are good even better at it doing so!. making themselfs and there generation belive we the older guys are relicks of the past.. what i can say to these boys is
    The older ones umongst us ARIVED WITH TRAVELING!!. DID YOU!!!.

And yes i would not feed my dogs raw . as it simply is the same crap bio industry meat used in kibble witch is 10x more balansed when it comes douwn to minerals and vitamins and al the other stuf needed. Protien raw meat diets are overated infact high level of protien makes your dog runn hot!!. Hensh in the greyhound scene lots of racer runn on low protien diets.
    For the record quote GH book" 1 heard Earl Tudor say once upon a time that he was sold on GRAIN,
    I am sure he used some other food besides straight grain,but did use an illustration that has always stuck with me. He said he would take two greyhounds that where littermates and would run about the same.
    then you take either one and feed it straight meat diet for a month and the other one would be fed his grain diet. let them race a quarter mile,one mile ore three. and the one fed on grain would outrun the other on every distance. those who knew the old man, knew he was probaly right and would back it up with money.
    You see BESIDES fighting dogs earl Tudor was breeding and racing greyhounds as wel.!!!..There where PLENTY of dogman back then who where racing greyhounds besides fooling around with APBT... They umongst others including myself know the conection within the 2 breeds and there feeding.. but ofcours is off topic,....

Hi Limey,

Whats your thoughts on supplementing kibble?? Most Greyhound racers i know feed sardines + milk + tonics and feed kibble in the evening?

Torresbeag i thnk you beter start a topic about it and we can Take it from there..

Quote Originally Posted by Limey kennels View Post
    Torresbeag i thnk you beter start a topic about it and we can Take it from there..
    Done see Similarties/differences in feeding the racing greyhound and the APBT

Limey...........while more times than not, I tend to disagree with some of your points. In this post, I tend to echo a couple of them. In fact, more than echo some of them, I've been uttering a couple of them for many years. I maintain: Information is good..............Experience is PRICELESS.
    I realize that English is not your first language. It can be hard to discern some of your points, but that isn't a huge issue. I'm sure you can improve your English over time if you wish to.
    Meanwhile, I agree that many newbies seem to believe anyone who has been around a long time tends to adhere to the archaic, and is incapable of staying abreast with status of the art methods, feeds, equipment, means et al. This is pure fallacy and presumptuous beyond reality. To me, common sense will or SHOULD never go out of style.
    On the issue of feed(s): I find benefits in the feeding of raw IF, and ONLY IF one is using top grade product, and one KNOWS how to mix it with precise balance. Many believe that to throw together different admixes of raw, that their dog(s) will be the epitome of health.
    First of all, feeding is only ONE aspect of total dog care, health and well being. It isn't the ONLY aspect one need tend to and adhere to on a daily basis. Second is that if one is not totally adept and skilled at formulating raw perfectly balanced (And 95% of people making it are not), and using top grade products, then you are doing nothing at all except feeding an unbalanced diet of inferior benefits. The huge majority of people feeding these dogs on a daily basis seem to not understand the MUST for feed to be BALANCED. It is the most important thing to consider, given the products involved are good products.
    I would like to hear from people who have fed raw, and have had MANY dogs live to be over 16 yrs old and a few over 17 yrs old. I'll bet there sure as hell aren't many. The dogs I refer to have lived on natural kibble their entire lives. Supps if and when necessary. All other care methods adhered to.
    I agree and disagree on portions of breeding schemes to which you refer. Yes, there are more "hybrid" dogs today. More best athlete to best athlete. But, on the other hand, I believe families don't automatically create good dogs. I believe GOOD DOGS CREATE FAMILIES. Where most may fall short IMO, is the inability to judge consistencies and breed accordingly to those good consistencies generation to generation. Hence, a shorter lived continuum of those certain dogs because of that inability.

Feeding raw will only benifit the dog if it's done properly and one must be precise and balance out each meal based on the individual dogs nutritional needs which very greatly from dog to dog. I have seen people throw a chicken quarter at a dog as a meal that is not balanced a dog needs a certain ratio of bones, fat, carbs, organ meats, muscle meats, and different sources of protien in every meal you feed if you feed a dog a chicken quarter every day and nothing else the dog will look like complete and utter $#@! and you might as well have just picked up the lowest quality kibble on the shelf and fed it to the dog because that is what happens when you feed low quality ingrediants or not enough of the essential nutritional staples the body needs to survive and remain healthy. You can feed raw and the dog will be suffering internally which will eventually show outwardly if it's not being done properly. Imo raw is overall better than processed kibble but it must be fed properly or the dog will not get the overall nutritional requirements and benefits it needs to remain healthy and survive raw can be just as expensive as top notch kibble especially when it's done properly.
    Last edited by sadieblues; 05-01-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Talking about dog's liveing to a great age....there was an old lady neighbour of mine,who fed her dog's mainly kibble,,(small lap dogs poddle/cross...etc)now she was a great sport god rest her,,,any-way every dog she had lived to 12,14,and older..she would leave a dish down full of food,,the dog could eat any-time it wished..apart from kibble she would give the dog the same dinner she would be haveing..in other word's the dogs also got steak,pork chops,chicken,stew,,and any veg she was haveing on that day...all the thing's they say ya should not give a dog, if she was haveing it so would the dog....it would make ya wonder//?????????

I have an old housedog, going on 18 yrs old. She, naturally was beginning to really show her age. She's lived on good kibble her whole life. Her coat was getting dull and she was not spry. I began giving her a few table scraps on her kibble, and lo and behold, she is more spry, less arthritic, and her coat is sheeny and smooth again. Yes. Go figure. LOL

Good post that make good points.Gringo, Rock n Rye,TDK,& Limey!!!

Dogs that win and THEN get bred are around today as there's was in the old days. Its the time spent with combat dogs that matters. Sure in the old days Dogmen had huge yards and went to conventions. But these days Dogmen have have evolved.... Camps with frozen sperm and ability to travel the globe. The old timers were constrain by their local geography. This led to families breeding. Dogs in the 70s were they same as today.... average. The game dog reached legendary heights in the 20 & 30s when the Great depression trimmed them yards, lol. Every dog man was pimping their studs and selling pups until then. Today's 3way crosses with top notch nutrients and vet care would match the best of 70s and $#@! the 90s in a global heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by tdk View Post
    i have an old housedog, going on 18 yrs old. She, naturally was beginning to really show her age. She's lived on good kibble her whole life. Her coat was getting dull and she was not spry. I began giving her a few table scraps on her kibble, and lo and behold, she is more spry, less arthritic, and her coat is sheeny and smooth again. Yes. Go figure. Lol
    that's the same thing she all-way's done.....all the scraps into the feed bucket.....

Another good post

I don't even see the point in saying if you're not feeding raw properly then its not better, that's assumed. That's like saying its only better to worm your dog if you do it properly lol if we are going to go off topic let's make it worth talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Limey kennels View Post
    There is no:Fastlane dogs vs old school stock As back in the days there where fast lanes dogs as wel.. I do belive that today there is way LESS consistancy in the dogs then in the 80/90 of the previus century then today!!. the old school breeders of those area and befor them who where able to keep lots of dogs and who whent to conventions who where able to show of many dogs of there own into famelies of others are fading FAST.
    and people with 3 /4/5 dogs is more comon these days. Being less able to breed serius consistensy and uniform strains if you like. Not being able to know what the hell there doing ore what the hell they talk about . i see more best to best breedings in this eara . and thats not for the better in my eyes.

fast lane dogs of yesterday are just as good mabey iven better considering the more uniform strains and consistensy, then fast lane dogs of today. who are more scaterbred then ever befor.
    Todays people tent to foget that back in the day pre 1976 and short afther there where diferend people in the game. sure crooks as wel but difgerend . no boys from the hood ore white trash who never finished grammer school who could not read nor wright nor being able to feed themselfs in a proper way let alone take care of our bulldogs.. resulting in the divelopmend of these type of dogs and in the most exstream case these rediculees RAPPER pits who today are called bully,s.

The understanding of the dogs today is minute of what it was yesterday. people read a couple of books spend lots of time on the internet and have 1 ,2 ore 3 dogs and think they know!!!.. they compeat behind the screen give the older wizer guys $#@! and a hard time because they are behind ascreen.and pretend they know. and are good even better at it doing so!. making themselfs and there generation belive we the older guys are relicks of the past.. what i can say to these boys is
    The older ones umongst us ARIVED WITH TRAVELING!!. DID YOU!!!.

And yes i would not feed my dogs raw . as it simply is the same crap bio industry meat used in kibble witch is 10x more balansed when it comes douwn to minerals and vitamins and al the other stuf needed. Protien raw meat diets are overated infact high level of protien makes your dog runn hot!!. Hensh in the greyhound scene lots of racer runn on low protien diets.
    For the record quote GH book" 1 heard Earl Tudor say once upon a time that he was sold on GRAIN,
    I am sure he used some other food besides straight grain,but did use an illustration that has always stuck with me. He said he would take two greyhounds that where littermates and would run about the same.
    then you take either one and feed it straight meat diet for a month and the other one would be fed his grain diet. let them race a quarter mile,one mile ore three. and the one fed on grain would outrun the other on every distance. those who knew the old man, knew he was probaly right and would back it up with money.
    You see BESIDES fighting dogs earl Tudor was breeding and racing greyhounds as wel.!!!..There where PLENTY of dogman back then who where racing greyhounds besides fooling around with APBT... They umongst others including myself know the conection within the 2 breeds and there feeding.. but ofcours is off topic,....
    Good post Limey, experience trumps just about anything else IMO. And you are getting much better at expressing yourself by the way. I am not sure if I agree with your objection of best to best, especially if it is kept within a family line, but overall very good points.

My particular point wasn't to say that, Dream. It was to point out that MERELY FEEDING RAW and thinking you're doing something superior is just not the case, and that BALANCE of top caliber, and natural feeds is the most important thing in a dog's diet. I pointed out that I believe most who feed raw create a lot of waste and formulate less than top notch nutrition by not understanding or demanding balance in the feed.
    Of course, doing something right is better than doing it haphazard or with less efficiency and exactness. That's a given, and not the point.
    The point was, that so many who think they are feeding superior diet, are just not doing so, for the reasons and shortcomings in making it that I mentioned. Sorry for any ambiguity within it

Yeah make sense

Don't let ol T.D.K. fool yall he feeds his hounds whatever he finds stuck in his mustash. Well.... with the exception of the tri's thay live on a strict diet of neopolitan Ice cream....lmmfaoa

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Pits View Post
    I don't even see the point in saying if you're not feeding raw properly then its not better, that's assumed. That's like saying its only better to worm your dog if you do it properly lol if we are going to go off topic let's make it worth talking about.

I don't see the point in doing anything at all if you are going to half ass do it. Either do it right or don't do it at all. And my point was only to say that a dog will not get the full benefit of a raw diet if it's not done properly that is a Fact. People who have switched to raw have had issues with dogs not doing well on it so they switched back to kibble only to find out it wasn't feeding raw causing the problems it was the person feeding it who didn't do their homework and as a result the dog wasn't getting what it needed and it showed in the dogs overall health and appearance. And dream it was a few of you that started talking about raw vs kibble I just chimed in to say that while I believe raw is the better way to go feeding raw can have it's negative drawbacks if it's not done properly. If you feed raw and leave out organs, bones, and muscle meats the dog is not getting all the adequate minerals and vitamins it needs. I have talked to people feeding raw that have had issues simply because they leave out organ meat completely anyone who knows anything about feeding raw knows that organs are loaded with very important vitamins and minerals that are an essential part to any raw diet. If you don't feed raw properly the dog will end up with nutritional deficiencies hence the statement do it right or don't do it at all.
    Last edited by sadieblues; 05-01-2013 at 10:43 PM.

LOL Bigs. Yep. Whatever I can grab that falls off the ol' garbage truck. HAHA

Sorry to get everyone going off topic with the raw/kibble talk! lol

I was really just pointing out that a lot of "new trends" in conditioning and nutrition NEVER reach a level of "tried and true" value, since the science behind it all will change its mind, and folks will change their methods along with it. Kind of like how every 10 years or so we are told to either eat more eggs or not to eat eggs at all because the scientists can't decide if they're good or bad for us....At least we got a good post from LimeyKennels out of it, which is what I hoped might happen.