Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dogo argentino x pitbull

Before I start, I don't want any arguments. A completely hypothetical thread, I just wan your thoughts. Would you guys think that a pitbull dogo mix would be a worthy dog? They both look alike and have strong drives and are both excellent at what they were bred to do, but do you guys see anything positive coming out of a breed if the two were bred?

Default Re: Dogo argentino x pitbull

It would be a nice mix I suppose-but not for the general public! but possibly for catch dogs but not for the pit!

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBT View Post
    It would be a nice mix I suppose-but not for the general public! but possibly for catch dogs but not for the pit!
    in my opinion it would be a beautiful animal, the dogo resembles the pitbull immensly. IT would turn out to be a very well sized dog with a nice head and body, very strong animal with a lot of drive. Who knows if it would excel in the pit, maybe the extra size and strength and drive of the dogo would help.

the dogo does not do good in the pit it lacks wind and it is too heavy and slow! its power is better with hogs with other dogos to help out. it sure as hell would be a hell of a dog and for hog catching I would definitly get one but it might also do well mixed with american bull dog!

the dogo does not do good in the pit it lacks wind and it is too heavy and slow! its power is better with hogs with other dogos to help out. it sure as hell would be a hell of a dog and for hog catching I would definitly get one but it might also do well mixed with american bull dog!
    dogos are far from slow..but yes they lack the wind for a pit.

I dont think it would be as fast as a little game pit. However, I suppose it would only be against its own size...

Oh I won't argue there as quick as a pit, but then again the pit is a terrier but the dogo is FAR from slow. Very athletic dogs. But I think that particular mix of breed could eventualy after some years turn out to be a very potent dog. It would look just like a pit just larger.

Dogos are fine animals indeed! I was looking to obtain one (I still am in the near future) they were bred with high standards and make exceptional guard dogs! overall they are brilliant and although they could never have the wind of an apbt they are very powerful dogs and beautiful. So yes I mixture of those two breeds would be more then just a cur imo

Quote Originally Posted by Joey&Zoey View Post
    Dogos are fine animals indeed! I was looking to obtain one (I still am in the near future) they were bred with high standards and make exceptional guard dogs! overall they are brilliant and although they could never have the wind of an apbt they are very powerful dogs and beautiful. So yes I mixture of those two breeds would be more then just a cur imo
    I misunderstood did you say it would be a cur or more than a cur? I personally think it would mane a great dog. Dogos are exceptional at what they do, great guard dogs with a he'll of a lot of power. Might be getting a female in April straight for Argentina.

Quote Originally Posted by viegas703 View Post
    Before I start, I don't want any arguments. A completely hypothetical thread, I just wan your thoughts. Would you guys think that a pitbull dogo mix would be a worthy dog? They both look alike and have strong drives and are both excellent at what they were bred to do, but do you guys see anything positive coming out of a breed if the two were bred?

Before I start, argue if you like. What wrong with the breed that was created by our ancestors... ?

I see some folks, are more concerned with looks, head size, nice body,looks in gernal..

If you girls or ladies want to see a dogo/apbt mix..Go to the local shelter and adopt one.. And I know this topic was hypothertial, as well as thisx post I made

PS..this breed is not for everyone

no not at all, I meant that they would be MORE than just a cur in my opinion. Really that's brilliant let me know if you do since as stated, I plan on owning one in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Joey&Zoey View Post
    no not at all, I meant that they would be MORE than just a cur in my opinion. Really that's brilliant let me know if you do since as stated, I plan on owning one in the near future
    I'm Argentinian and my grandparents are there atthe moment and have reserved a puppy from an upcoming litter, the $#@! is currently pregnant. I you want a REAL dogo you need to get it from Argentina not the states. Here they are bred more for show. I will have a female puppy by April when they return. As far as the othe post goes, there is nothing wrong with the won't. It was a totally hypothetical question that's all nothing more

I used to wonder why people were so $#@! new members on this forum. This thread has explained it. There are large, strong bulldogs to cancel out the only reason given for making a mongrel breeding. I think dogos are good dogs, but see no reason to make such a cross unless you are trying to improve the dogos. Just my humble opinion don't want to cause a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by magnoilaotis View Post
    I used to wonder why people were so $#@! new members on this forum. This thread has explained it. There are large, strong bulldogs to cancel out the only reason given for making a mongrel breeding. I think dogos are good dogs, but see no reason to make such a cross unless you are trying to improve the dogos. Just my humble opinion don't want to cause a fight.
    No fight to be started, this is all hypothetical. But interesting you say it would improve the dogo and not the pitbull, sounds a bit biased to me.

The only basis you give for the cross is size and strength. You can acheive this by just using larger pits. There is a reason apbts are exported around the globe and it is not for pretty looks. The apbt was bred competively for many different functions in North America. It is very doubtful that these pretty white catch dogs can add anything to the apbt. The working American bulldog here in the US is much like your dogos and dogmen are not crossing with them. Biased hell yeah I am biased and educated.

The only basis you give for the cross is size and strength. You can acheive this by just using larger pits. There is a reason apbts are exported around the globe and it is not for pretty looks. The apbt was bred competively for many different functions in North America. It is very doubtful that these pretty white catch dogs can add anything to the apbt. The working American bulldog here in the US is much like your dogos and dogmen are not crossing with them. Biased hell yeah I am biased and educated.
    Good post.

17. Default Re: Dogo argentino x pitbull

Tricky question. They say dogo argento isn't a box dog but they're often fought by amateur dog fighters. Do you mean cross for maybe hunting?

I always thought the dogo was an impressive breed. At least not the show variety.

thats all fine and what not, but your referring the dogo to be just a pretty dog, you do realize the dogo and pit resemble eachother A LOT right? i think your taking the some credit away from the dogo saying its just a catch dog when its much more than that. its a very versatile breed and an excellent guard dog. A single dogo can kill a grown puma, go do a search if you like im not lying. do a yahoo video search theres one right there.

Dogos are lovely dogs but...

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

dogos are damn good dogs. theres a video on smotri.com of 2 dogos holding their own against a damn GRIZZLY BEAR.