+ Reply to Thread

Default what is ROM and POR?

hi,would like to know what are the meaning of this abbreviation.tnx!

Default Re: what is ROM and POR?

R.O.M. (Register of Merit) is a title that is given to a dog or a $#@! that has produced champions. To become ROM, a male must produce at least four CH and a female must produce at least three. Each dog gets a point for each CH they produce and get an additional point if any of these registered champions go on to become grand champions.
    P.O.R. (Producer Of Record), is given for producing winners. Get a point for every win recorded by the offspring of a sire or dam, with additional points for both CH and GR CH

LOL one was made by the Sport dog journal and the other was made by peds online lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erie Outlawz View Post
    LOL one was made by the Sport dog journal and the other was made by peds online lol!!!
    R.O.M. (Register of Merit) Was a tiltle that Jack Kelly of the magazine - "The Sporting dog jounal" would give, and P.O.R. (Producer Of Record) was given by Terry Williams of the magazine" Your friend and mine" this is the later mag, not the one ran by Pete Sparks. P.O.R. is considered to be the honorable mention, since a dog could produce 20 two time winners and not be a R.O.M. Even though both magazines are no longer being published, these are terms still used- very loosley on the honor system.
    http://www.riospitbull.com/famous_apbts.htm
    Scroll to the bottom, for an example of a list published in the SDJ in every issue.

I guess i stand corrected about the POR always kinda wondered about that and Rios list is an old one.

wow! learned a lot.thanks guys...

Im gonna ask that this thread be closed because some of these topics are getting out of hand like poeple here dont use the search bar before they make a thread. It's time to make people look a little bit. Gahlee!! this thread has been on here alot as well as the game blues

Quote Originally Posted by gameexchange View Post
    Im gonna ask that this thread be closed because some of these topics are getting out of hand like poeple here dont use the search bar before they make a thread. It's time to make people look a little bit. Gahlee!! this thread has been on here alot as well as the game blues
    But you have to remember, three letter words can't be searched. If you try it just comes up as no results found. That's why I helped (and I actually learned something about how the title POR got started, thanks malakimax) Many threads that are made could be answered by simply searching and reading but things like this are the exception.

you learn something new everyday. I didnt' know that so my apologies

lol this thread is like a school house people learning things left and right

To the original poster:
    Now that you know what they mean don't get hung up on them. Titles are not the end all.