+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whopper dogs

Default Whopper dogs

Saw this on the a website. Has anyone heard of these Whopper dogs?

Default Re: Whopper dogs

They are Eddington weight pull dogs.

seen a story about how the man that started this line of pull dogs was killed for hanging papers

whopper and eddinton are diffrent line . both are for wight pulling

the ones ive been around have bee way to HA for my taste

Whopper dogs are have been around for a long time. Eddington's Wanna Be A Whopper a.k.a Whopper was a cross-bred dog created for the sport of weight pull. Originally, Whopper & dogs like him were called "Oklahoma Pulldogs." true fanciers of his line still call them by this name since they aren't APBTs.

As for how Whopper was bred, I have heard 2 different crosses that created Whopper:

1: By a brindle APBT & out of a red/rednosed Dogue de Bordeaux.

2: Half APBT & half American Bulldog, the AB being from from Blackwell's Bulldogs.

A handful of people know the true breeding of Whopper. Those are R. Kunze, Mrs. Eddington & if you believe cross 1, a man named Goodwin who supposedly sold Whopper to E.E. & if you believe cross 2, Blackwell. J. Persinger may possibly know his true breeding as well, as he did a lot of breedings to Whopper, but none of them are talking.

The ADBA reg. Whopper as a favor to Edgar Eddington to jump start the sport of weight pull. The deal was they'd register Whopper so he could pull, but Whopper was never supposed to be bred. However Whopper did so well on the weight pull track that people flocked to breed to him (I don't know why - just by looking at him you cam tell he's not an APBT) & E.E. broke his end of the deal, breeding Whopper many times. The ADBA, not wanting to lose face, had no choice but to register the litters, which resulted in the Whopper dogs you see today.

His shyster ways ended up catching up w/ E.E. though, as he was found beaten to death with his own hammer in his home. 2 pups were found missing. They have never found his killer.

Here is a pic of the infamous Whopper:

His weight is listed as 110lbs +

eddie eddington is the man who bred whopper and created the line of dogs. the dogs were a cross of breeds, 120lb and more, bred to compete in adba weight pull events. eddie hung papers on the dogs and the adba went along and registered them as purebred apbt even though they looked nor acted like an apbt.
    this is one of MANY reasons I have little respect for the adba.

I have heard 2 versions, one being Goodwin bred Whopper & E.E. bought him & the other was E.E. bred Whopper & he was part APBT, part Blackwell AB. We're you close to E.E. benthere? Do you know which story is true or what breeds were used to create Whopper? By looking at him, he could have been the original "American Bully!" lol.

As for how they act, I heard many Whopper dogs are HA, one even going so far as to chase their handler down the track & rip their shirt! Another bit an elderly woman in the face, albeit not badly.

There was a failry elaborate thread on this just a month or so ago - I don't recall the title, but search for it and tyou will see lots of other input on it.

Thanks Robber!

A friend of mine told me to check out this website http://www.legendspitbulls.com/ and asked about this pure Whopper dog and should he get something off this dog. When I researched I cam across this pic . I was pretty sure this dog was mixed.

looks like he ate alot of whoppers