+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tatonka Kennels

Default Tatonka Kennels

Anybody have any stuff off her? If so, what do you think (keep opinions concerning her personal life to yourselves please I just want to know about the dogs)

Default Re: Tatonka Kennels

We got a few an gave them away good house dogs but didnt want to work

opb is the only one with any kind of opinion? wow that is rare.

You aren't going to get many responses here regarding these dogs. Most people are just going to keep it to themselves. I will say that I have never personally known anyone who has had one of these dogs and have had a bad experience.
    I don't know how one of these dogs can make "good house dogs" IMO. I guess if extremely hyper and aggressive dogs make good house dogs, that would be the case. My dog is by definition a terrible house dog. He is waaaaayyyy too hyper and can't be around any other animals.
    Personally, when I hear people talk down on these dogs I question how much experience they really have with them. Maybe they got "several" bad seeds.

From my personal experience and from what I have seen and heard from other people, they are not the best house dogs and they do work and they work hard. So yeah, the opposite of what the other guy said.
    Last edited by tommy3; 01-03-2010 at 08:54 PM.

My dog is a good house dog...very dog aggressive more so than any of my redboy jocko stock.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what you call a good house dog. My dog never $#@!s or pisses in the house, he doesn't tear anything up, ever. That is all in training.

By nature, he doesn't belong indoors. He has too much penned up energy being indoors. To me, any hyperactive dog does not make a good housedog.

In my mind, a good housedog is a bassett hound, etc. Something that does not mind sitting inside instead of dying to run their $#@! off outside.

i guess we got a few bad seeds then real bad seeds lmfao an sorry if i came across harsh but imo i did not think the dogs were half the dogs i got from other kennels for less money an bred just as good if not better

I haven't delt with her sense she left Ca. If I was looking for a prospect and she told me it was a good one, i'd be feeding it

nobody always has great dogs every blood has its good & bad if the dogs was so great you would see more people that use this line of bulldog imo there is alot better out there

Thank ya'll for your input on this subject. She seems smart and seems to know bulldogs though, i'll tell you that.

hell my mom sure knows bulldogs but you dont see her peddeling pups to who ever gots the money to buy one. This lady is no better then TG she is a peddler who breeds for color............

Okay before that comment starts anything once again I just wanna know about the dogs.

Let me just say that TG has 50 11 litters on the ground RIGHT NOW, how many does she have?

I dont know how many she has right now but i know thats she is a peddler imo if you breed for money instead of quality your a peddler sorry thats just how it is they make good show & pulldogs but not a bulldog

My dog comes on command from 100 yds, sits comes stays lays down, plays dead, knows off,,roll over , shake and place(quiet pillow lay down time). Any dog can be a good house dog. She is 7 and I have been working with her for 7 years...she is a good bull dog and a good house dog. Ask lonewolf who knows us personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by tommy3 View Post
    Yeah, I guess it depends on what you call a good house dog. My dog never $#@!s or pisses in the house, he doesn't tear anything up, ever. That is all in training.

By nature, he doesn't belong indoors. He has too much penned up energy being indoors. To me, any hyperactive dog does not make a good housedog.

In my mind, a good housedog is a bassett hound, etc. Something that does not mind sitting inside instead of dying to run their $#@! off outside.

Quote Originally Posted by mntman2003 View Post
    my dog comes on command from 100 yds, sits comes stays lays down, plays dead, knows off,,roll over , shake and place(quiet pillow lay down time). Any dog can be a good house dog. She is 7 and i have been working with her for 7 years...she is a good bull dog and a good house dog. Ask lonewolf who knows us personally.
    i can agree with that

Mine is NOT a good house dog and never will be till he is too old to get up. I got him at 4 months so maybe I was just too late. I know how to train dogs but he wasn't anything I have EVER seen before and he wasn't my first APBT. Once inside he would jump from couch to couch over and over........ Try food rewards, he would jump and bite at your hand in a frenzy. Anything anywhere was fair game, if he could get it in his mouth it was his until you took it back with a parting stick. All at 4 months old! Now that he is older, 2 years old, he has settled down and can be inside the house for some attention but only if you have your parting stick. He will let go on command IF he wants to. I got him knowing they don't make good house dogs and couldn't be happier with him but he is much happier outside.

On the other hand I have a 50% Sorrells pup now that could sit, stand, down, roll over, and shake since 12 weeks. Her training was an outlet for all her negative energy; barking & biting nonstop. Maybe I just got to her while she was young enough and could still control her, I don't know lol.

I would only recommend this line to someone experienced with this breed and knowing what they are potentially getting themselves into. I don't believe they are all monsters, but know that they can be. Mine love to work and they're my favorite line so far.

There all individuals..Uncle Bud was a house dog! The only time mine is a nut is when it involves another dog...she has played with kittens lol. But I dont trust her with even a pup.

there are good and bad with all. Except mine of course.lol.

Yes yours are #1 in all of Kazastahn.