+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation buckskin pitbull shedding info

Merry Xmas! Can anyone tell me if buckskin pits shed alot? I know the grey shed very little and wondered how the buckskin compared.

Thank you!

Default Re: buckskin pitbull shedding info

It's just a color, merry christmas, be careful with questions like that or you will get a chewin.

Quote Originally Posted by shortbedder View Post
    It's just a color, merry christmas, be careful with questions like that or you will get a chewin.
    yea u will color doesnt mean anything

Actually, color does mean a lot.

Black dogs are more prone to prone to demodex & a hair disease called black hair follecular dysplasia is directly associated with the black color:

follicular dysplasia

Dilute dogs (blue fawns & blues - what you called "grey") are more prone to both contact & inhalant allergies & both colors have a skin disease directly connected to their colors called Color Dilution Alopecia:

Color Dilution Alopecia

Either BHFD or CDA will cause poor hair oat & excessive shedding.

And in my experience red dogs are more prone to minor skin infections which can lead to an odor & an increase in shedding as well.

Color also plays a factor in what your house & clothes will look like. For example, white fur can be seen on almost everything, while some other less obvious colors won't as easily be seen.

But if you're talking about plain old shedding, in general it depends what you feed, where the dog is kept (indoors or outdoors) & what type of hair coat the dog has - some will have shorter fur that is more "spikey" once it is sheds & sticks to everything & anything, while others have longer, silkier fur that is easier to get off with a lint roller or vacuum up.

But if I had to choose a dog simply based on color, I'd go with a buckskin over a blue hands down b/c the blue color has been proven to have defects - skin & otherwise - associated with it.

Hope this helps.

I have buckskin ,black and a tricolor and they all shed equally. The more you groom the less hair floating around. JMO

Thanks alot every one

no $#@! i had no idea learn sumthing new everday thnx