+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ivermectin

Default ivermectin

how long does a bottle of ivermectin stay good after opening it?

Default Re: ivermectin

should be an expiration date stamped on the bottle/label...s

Agreed with Slim12. Read the box and it should have an expiration date. Just make sure the ivomec is not exposed to sun light. I keep mine in a shoebox on the top of my closet.

Budboy posted this on another board. Apparently the generic bottle he bought does not have an expiration date.
    The one I just bought says 7/2011. So at least a year and a half if anyone was wondering.

thanks guys yea i know about it not being in sunlight its kept in the barn/shed with all the other health supplies i usually get ivomec but they were out so i got a generic this time and it didnt have a date on it

The bottles that i get have a 2 year use date.

Quote Originally Posted by scratchin dog View Post
    Budboy posted this on another board. Apparently the generic bottle he bought does not have an expiration date.
    The one I just bought says 7/2011. So at least a year and a half if anyone was wondering.
    Possibly. However it all depends on the lot number. It is not across the board a year and a half. It all depends on when it was made. It could have sat in the store for 6 months and at the distributors as well.

I would try and call the manufacturer and give them the serial number and lot number to be sure. Budboy where you are located I would not play around. Heartworm is real in this region.

Also want to point on that it should be kept out of direct light not just sunlight ANY light. Cabinet or drawer. Or at one hospital we wrapped Vet wrap around it to protect it from light.

Also just a side note if you start to see crystal like formations in it. It is no longer good. At one time they had some issues with precipitation in it.
    Last edited by Cynthia; 12-20-2009 at 02:54 PM.