+ Reply to Thread

Default Deworming with castor oil

i was thinking today as i wormed my dogs and the pups if u could use castor oil to deworm your dogs i know that people use it in human and i have used it to bring a horse out of colic many times, im thinking it would be a cheaper alternative to store bought dewormers. any opinions?

Default Re: Deworming with castor oil

giving your dog the runs isnt going to deworm it

lol seems every post i make u have to reply with an uneducated comment,bud as a matter of fact castor oil does not just give u nor animals the runs but yet it does clean out the intestinal tract and has worked in humans for many many years

lol well ive taken it and it damn sure gave me the runs there are to many proven wormers out there to play around with stuff that isnt proven at least ive never heard of anyone using this

Not sure if castor oil would be cheaper than just going to your local feed store and picking up some wormer. I get mine from tractor supply and it doesn't break the bank.

IMO it sounds like a terrible idea

Sounds like a great idea!! Let us know how it works for you!!

ROFL i never said i was gonna try it otherwise i wouldnt have dewormer i bought from the co-op i just know that it works in humans and was thinking it might would work on a dog as an alternative

what kind of worms??? And castor oil will work great if your dog has something blocking their intestines...not deworming.

i wasnt specifying any worms inparticular its not really something i was planning on doing its just i have talked to alot of old timers and u know how they are a lil castor oil and liniment can fix it all

id just stick with normal wormers.....or...if your willing to take the chance....try the oil........

Quote Originally Posted by AGame View Post
    i was thinking today as i wormed my dogs and the pups if u could use castor oil to deworm your dogs i know that people use it in human and i have used it to bring a horse out of colic many times, im thinking it would be a cheaper alternative to store bought dewormers. any opinions?
    castor oil works for mild case of the worms, But I wouldn't use it and depend on it. You need something to kill the worm and then the dog will pass it out one end or the other.

Now what works for people and animals alike is tobacco. You need just good natural tobacco and it doesn't take a lot to work. I remember back when i was a boy if you got a dose of worms you had to eat a pipe bowls worth of tobacco, Didn't make you sick or that but the worm ate the tobacco and it died and you would pass them right out.

Now before anyone goes out and takes 5 or 6 cigarettes and tears them open and gives it to the dogs, DON"T they are laced with poison among many other things and you will kill your dog. The tobacco I am talking about is tobacco that is picked right from the field and left in it's natural state.

But between castor oil, Iodine, Tobacco and good grade corn liquor there wasn't nothing we couldn't fix back when I was a boy.

i remember getting the stuff every sunday night as a kid, me and my brothers waiting in line for the god awful stuff, the things people did back in the day eh.i would not wish that on my dogs.
    buy some proper wormer you cheapskate lol

I use "TAPE CARE+" and "IVERCARE" never have problems with any parasites including heartworm.