+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Patterdale info

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    southwest missouri
    Posts
    2,559

    Default Patterdale info

    I was talking to a guy about getting a couple Patterdales and it sounds like a good deal possibly,the male came from J&J's Patterdales and he said the female is from Floyd Boudreaux stuff.I've not really been into the Patterdales before so I was just wondering if FB bred many Patterdales.I'd heard there was a few pattys taken in the bust so it sounds like he had a few at one time.The dog's are long drive for me and I want to make sure they're something i want before I make the trip.Basically wanting to figure out if the guy knows what he's talking about,lol.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    244

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    Do you know the pedigrees of the patterdales?
    Are they PTCA registerd?
    I know nothing about american breeders, but if he can give you the pedigree, I can ask in europe if it is right.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    n.w.fl
    Posts
    1,102

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    i got a friend that had acouple crazy game dogs.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    southwest missouri
    Posts
    2,559

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    Quote Originally Posted by snakewidomski View Post
    Do you know the pedigrees of the patterdales?
    Are they PTCA registerd?
    I know nothing about american breeders, but if he can give you the pedigree, I can ask in europe if it is right.
    He emailed me a couple days ago,said they were both registered,I haven't seen the ped yet but the male came from J&J Patterdales J&J Patterdales and he said the female was from some Floyd Boudreaux stock.I didn't know for sure if FB had dealt with patterdales before but they're both nice looking dogs and have been hunted some,at least according to him.I've been wanting to get into the patterdales for awhile but these are the first I've seen that I might be able to afford to get.I'd have to drive about 180 miles one way to pick them up down a pretty crooked road so it won't be a nice trip to go look at them,so that's the reason I wanted to find out a little more before I made a trip like that.If I can get a ped I'll post it and see what you think.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    is the female from FB stock because they x their pats with pits? as do alot, as im sure you are already aware. dont quote me, i wouldn't know if FB worked with pats or not, just a lagit Q?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    southwest missouri
    Posts
    2,559

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    Quote Originally Posted by BEHAVIN View Post
    is the female from FB stock because they x their pats with pits? as do alot, as im sure you are already aware. dont quote me, i wouldn't know if FB worked with pats or not, just a lagit Q?
    Yeah,the female is supposed to be from FB stock.At least that what the owner says.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    so your not bothered if your gett'n a cross?
    just because ive heard some speak about it and said they dont like the idea, they'd rather have a pure pat. im thinking maybe because of size? i suppose it comes down to what work your going to be doing with them weather or not that suits you. i never been one to condone crossing an apbt with any other breed what so ever, but im aware this is a popular thing with the pats for alot of breeders as is with some other crosses.
    be interesting to take a look at that ped just to see what theyve done?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    southwest missouri
    Posts
    2,559

    Default Re: Patterdale info

    Quote Originally Posted by BEHAVIN View Post
    so your not bothered if your gett'n a cross?
    just because ive heard some speak about it and said they dont like the idea, they'd rather have a pure pat. im thinking maybe because of size? i suppose it comes down to what work your going to be doing with them weather or not that suits you. i never been one to condone crossing an apbt with any other breed what so ever, but im aware this is a popular thing with the pats for alot of breeders as is with some other crosses.
    be interesting to take a look at that ped just to see what theyve done?
    As far as I know it's supposed to be full patterdale,I've seen the pics and if there's APBT in there I can't tell it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts