+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Top 10 Badass Guard Dogs

Guess what? the APBT didn't make the list

http://listverse.com/nature/top-10-badass-guard-dogs/

Default Re: Top 10 Badass Guard Dogs

Its nice that the did not make the list , but they still are bashing the pitbull een in comments.lol.

Cant we all get along...lol

Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    Its nice that the did not make the list , but they still are bashing the pitbull een in comments.lol.

Cant we all get along...lol
    For real!
    "And, above all, when a pitbull keeps its bite, there is no way on earth to make it release it. Just waiting for it to get tired"

Yep..ignorance at it's finest. If I waited for them to get tired, I would most likely have a dead dog or two.

I did not read the comments sorry, care to share with them?

heres a couple that cought my attention.

Talked w/ someone the other day, and a pit jerked loose and attacked an old man and his chesapeake cross and he bout killed the pit protecting his owner.Ē and this is real strong evidence that pitbulls are $#@!sÖ.someone always has a story

my German Shepherd Dog got into a fight with a neighbors Pit Bull and kicked his ass. Because what good is a Pit Bullís teeth if they couldínt get through my Longhaired German Shepherd Dogís fur? Yea, my dog whiped the floor with him. Pit Bullís are not invincible
    Last edited by cutt; 07-15-2008 at 12:39 AM.

Pits are used by the border patrol? give me a break. They use mailinois, gsds, and labs for detection work. Neither the us military, or any police force I know of uses pits for anything.

Just because Jessup had one multitalented dog doesn;t mean pits excel at everything. Your dog is nowhere near as versatile as a good gsd, and you*re a fool if you say otherwise. You have no facts to back it up> So how many sar pits are there around? I never come across any or see them in the news. So much pit hype is speculation, emotion, and myth. Stratton talks about pits beating 137 lb chindo dogs. What the hell is a chindo? Now, the korean jindo weighs roughly 45-50 lbs. lol. So don;t get all touchy because when many people see your breed it*s in a rap video, or being walked around the hood on a logging chain and lunging at everything that p$#@! by, or attacks a child.

heres a couple that cought my attention.

Talked w/ someone the other day, and a pit jerked loose and attacked an old man and his chesapeake cross and he bout killed the pit protecting his owner.” and this is real strong evidence that pitbulls are $#@!s….someone always has a story

my German Shepherd Dog got into a fight with a neighbors Pit Bull and kicked his ass. Because what good is a Pit Bull*s teeth if they could*nt get through my Longhaired German Shepherd Dog*s fur? Yea, my dog whiped the floor with him. Pit Bull*s are not invincible
    Yes, someone always has a story. unfortunaly it is always reflecting badly on the pits. Almost no one ever tells how a pit was the hero!! Like this one!!

http://dogsinthenews.com/stories/070301a.php

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
    Yes, someone always has a story. unfortunaly it is always reflecting badly on the pits. Almost no one ever tells how a pit was the hero!! Like this one!!

http://dogsinthenews.com/stories/070301a.php
    Ih you havent posted this thread already in the PITBULLD IN NEWS section, I would as this is a positive story for the community..

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal621 View Post
    Pits are used by the border patrol? give me a break. They use mailinois, gsds, and labs for detection work. Neither the us military, or any police force I know of uses pits for anything.

Just because Jessup had one multitalented dog doesn;t mean pits excel at everything. Your dog is nowhere near as versatile as a good gsd, and youíre a fool if you say otherwise. You have no facts to back it up> So how many sar pits are there around? I never come across any or see them in the news. So much pit hype is speculation, emotion, and myth. Stratton talks about pits beating 137 lb chindo dogs. What the hell is a chindo? Now, the korean jindo weighs roughly 45-50 lbs. lol. So don;t get all touchy because when many people see your breed itís in a rap video, or being walked around the hood on a logging chain and lunging at everything that p$#@! by, or attacks a child.
    The topic is "Guard Dogs" I didn't look at the list but if you didn't know The apbt was not bred to be a guard dog. Although they have alot of prey drive and DA but the were bred not to be man biters. But I once was told if a dog has teeth than it can bite and boy aint that the truth. As far as pitbulls working on the force there was at least one I seen maybe in WA State were the jessup dog is. It was a cops dogs and he trained it himself and was awarded his copmanship LOL! I know thats not a word but the story is true the guy even tried to start a magazine don't know how far it got though. And the dog your refering to that stratton talks about being 137lbs was not a jindo but a tosa inu if thats how you spell it. You or anyone else can't tell me my opinion on the apbt being the best dog pound for pound is wrong and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by mac 11 View Post
    The topic is "Guard Dogs" I didn't look at the list but if you didn't know The apbt was not bred to be a guard dog. Although they have alot of prey drive and DA but the were bred not to be man biters. But I once was told if a dog has teeth than it can bite and boy aint that the truth. As far as pitbulls working on the force there was at least one I seen maybe in WA State were the jessup dog is. It was a cops dogs and he trained it himself and was awarded his copmanship LOL! I know thats not a word but the story is true the guy even tried to start a magazine don't know how far it got though. And the dog your refering to that stratton talks about being 137lbs was not a jindo but a tosa inu if thats how you spell it. You or anyone else can't tell me my opinion on the apbt being the best dog pound for pound is wrong and thats it.

I was posting a comment written by someone else...

Ih you havent posted this thread already in the PITBULLD IN NEWS section, I would as this is a positive story for the community..
    i will post it there now!!

The comments made previously by me(CUTTHROAT) and Crystal621 were comments that were made from differnt users on a differnt forum.

MY BAD! I guess we all know who is high strung. Sorry about that Crystal I thought that, but I guess it was the way you started of the post. Cutthroat my bad aswell. Playas phuck up!LOL!

Already , Mac....Aint no thang..i gues I shoulve quoted .." " Those comments from the other site were outrageous though..

I stumbled upon that list a few weeks ago and who ever wrote is a moron, who knows very little about what he writes.

That list is just a bunch of people talking out of their $#@! they know nothing about dogs.

Seems like the person doesn't like or understand the APBT. "There are several different breeds of dogs that can wipe the floor of any pit bull breed" I really hate how people think a "pit bull" is some sorta category for dogs like sporting dogs, terriers or toy dogs.

I'm sort of surprised to see the "wolf dog" on the list... I'd think that any sort of guarding abilities the "wolf mix" has would come from the breed it was mixed with... And even then there is no guarantee...

I knew a women who had a yard full of them and if you walked in alone they'd all scatter and stare at you. Creepy, but not threatening LOL.

I knew a women who has a wolf-dog mix. It would run & hide if a sparrow flew over head.

I think the only thing that a hybrid might be good at is perhaps deterring people by their looks or word of mouth (so-&-so has a WOLF!).

But as a serious guard dog? I'd have to say no.

The only thing the average wolf hybrid would do is fear bite someone if they tried their luck with it lol.