+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Midnight Cowboy

Gameboy864 Guest

Talking Midnight Cowboy

1ST of all, Hello.

This thread is for anyone w/information pertaining to the midnight cowboy bloodline. Opinions and views are welcome, as well as facts. I'd like to take this thread and leave it open, especially to fans or knowledgeable breeders of this line. A few questions I have about it inlude:

What is it really known for producing?

What crosses well with this blood?

Basically, do's and don'ts of this bloodline.

I have a heavy bred female due for a heat

www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=219560

Any good ideas or knowledge of dogs in this pedigree?

Default Re: Midnight Cowboy

Correct me If Im wrong. I thought Reserching the blood first, Then accuiringthe blood. Then Checking the blood youreself was the RIGHT way to go about things. Breeding a $#@! you admitingly Know nothing about. Tisk Tisk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy864
    1ST of all, Hello.

This thread is for anyone w/information pertaining to the midnight cowboy bloodline. Opinions and views are welcome, as well as facts. I'd like to take this thread and leave it open, especially to fans or knowledgeable breeders of this line. A few questions I have about it inlude:

What is it really known for producing?

What crosses well with this blood?

Basically, do's and don'ts of this bloodline.

I have a heavy bred female due for a heat

www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=219560

Any good ideas or knowledge of dogs in this pedigree?
    Last edited by Big Game; 02-16-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Missspelled word

Gameboy864 Guest

Exclamation Re: Midnight Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Game
    Correct me If Im wrong. I thought Reserching the blood first, Then accuiringthe blood. Then Checking the blood youreself was the RIGHT way to go about things. Breeding a $#@! you admitingly Know nothing about. Tisk Tisk.
    I agree 100%. But then again, you don't know my case I guess. You are right. I am out of my league on this one. The research has been partially done. I studied the breedings of sisters/brothers/mom and pops and they appear to produce, o.k. I want phenominal however. It looks good with the rascal stuff, jeep as well. I was more concerned with the percentages of how tightly bred she was to begin with. This was not my $#@!. It was my cousin's dog, who passed away fighting for this country in Iraq. Now I have her and don't know which way to go. I know I could just sell the dog, but I'm trying to live out his dream for her. Not to sound so dramatic, but you're right, other than her family line, I don't know much about the Midnight Cowboy. Not as much as I should. My specialty is Honeybunch/Jeep. I have it the purest and tightest in my state. As far as the check goes, she passed w/flying colors way before I agreed to keep her in my yard. So a little more knowledge and I little less "you should know better" would really help my situation. Thanks anyway Big game.

Well, I am not one to tell a fella what to do, so here's my .o2.

I really dont know all the dogs up close to the ped, so I dont know what kind of dogs they were. They could have carried on the traits of "MC", and they might not have.
    Now, because your not familiar w/ the bloodline, you have no idea what traits that line brings, and wouldnt know if she is carrying the same traits or not.
    Having said all of that, we see good results w/it crossed into FB's line. That dog has a cross into it, which I am sure the breeders were trying to bring wind into the picture. You may want to consider putting some Redboy into it. My having not seen this dog, it is basically a guess. Depends on what you seen it her.

One question. Why are you in such a hurry to breed her? If you dont really get a good idea of what she needs to be bred with, are you wanting to put out downbred pups? Just a question. I was taught that if my pups are not better than the sir and dam, I am no breeder, but just some pervert who likes to watch two dogs having sex.
    Food for thought.

If that is how you came about the dog, then just be patient. Do a some more research. If ya need to skip a heat or two. Find a good stud that complaments her and make youre cousin proud. I wish I could help more but like you, I dont know mutch about that particular blood.
    I agree 100%. But then again, you don't know my case I guess. You are right. I am out of my league on this one. The research has been partially done. I studied the breedings of sisters/brothers/mom and pops and they appear to produce, o.k. I want phenominal however. It looks good with the rascal stuff, jeep as well. I was more concerned with the percentages of how tightly bred she was to begin with. This was not my $#@!. It was my cousin's dog, who passed away fighting for this country in Iraq. Now I have her and don't know which way to go. I know I could just sell the dog, but I'm trying to live out his dream for her. Not to sound so dramatic, but you're right, other than her family line, I don't know much about the Midnight Cowboy. Not as much as I should. My specialty is Honeybunch/Jeep. I have it the purest and tightest in my state. As far as the check goes, she passed w/flying colors way before I agreed to keep her in my yard. So a little more knowledge and I little less "you should know better" would really help my situation. Thanks anyway Big game.

Gameboy864 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by purplepig
    Well, I am not one to tell a fella what to do, so here's my .o2.

I really dont know all the dogs up close to the ped, so I dont know what kind of dogs they were. They could have carried on the traits of "MC", and they might not have.
    Now, because your not familiar w/ the bloodline, you have no idea what traits that line brings, and wouldnt know if she is carrying the same traits or not.
    Having said all of that, we see good results w/it crossed into FB's line. That dog has a cross into it, which I am sure the breeders were trying to bring wind into the picture. You may want to consider putting some Redboy into it. My having not seen this dog, it is basically a guess. Depends on what you seen it her.

One question. Why are you in such a hurry to breed her? If you dont really get a good idea of what she needs to be bred with, are you wanting to put out downbred pups? Just a question. I was taught that if my pups are not better than the sir and dam, I am no breeder, but just some pervert who likes to watch two dogs having sex.
    Food for thought.
    Pure genious!!! These are the type of replies I need. Eye openers. Thanks!!!

Gameboy864 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Game
    If that is how you came about the dog, then just be patient. Do a some more research. If ya need to skip a heat or two. Find a good stud that complaments her and make youre cousin proud. I wish I could help more but like you, I dont know mutch about that particular blood.
    Then more research I shall do. Thanks. That is the right thing to do. I may encounter a little kennel blindness since the lost of my cousin, although we ran seperate kennels, he always gave me in-sight. He knows my dogs and I should've taken the time to get to know his. Best advice yet!

Sorry about the loss of your cousin, man. Thats never an easy time.

Midnight Cowboy produced game, hard mouthed, fast and furious bulldogs. Just like he was. As far as what crosses well with him, I would venture to say just about anything worth breeding. You would be hard pressed to find a dog that MC's traits wouldnt compliment. Unless you dont like good dogs, I'd say there arent many drawbacks to having his blood in your program.

if your stuff is good and she is a good one. take her to your best male on your yard and time will tell you if it was a good breeding you did. i keep it real. cuz bashing is for curs

Gameboy864 Guest

Thumbs up Re: Midnight Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by yellaman420
    Sorry about the loss of your cousin, man. Thats never an easy time.
    It's o.k. Thanks a million though. Thought means alot 2 me. He left 2 boys behind; 4 & 7. That part hurts the most, but they are finacially stable, and my cousin's finally at home! R.I.P. S.T.GREENLEE

Gameboy864 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GameBredDJ
    Midnight Cowboy produced game, hard mouthed, fast and furious bulldogs. Just like he was. As far as what crosses well with him, I would venture to say just about anything worth breeding. You would be hard pressed to find a dog that MC's traits wouldnt compliment. Unless you dont like good dogs, I'd say there arent many drawbacks to having his blood in your program.
    Good idea. I was trying to stay away from more of the eli stuff, because I'm terrified of what may happen as far as start up time is concerned. I believe. You must be very careful when breeding heavy eli dogs. A buddy of mine has a pure chinaman dog(http://apbtpedigrees.com/printpedigr...recordID=40279) full brother to ch. moon cricket. Take a look, it's very impressive. He's also a very good producer. It would be double frisco really, and I like that better than pure chinaman because of it's quarter out of bolio. I don't think these would be slow starters. Maybe only other option is to take her to a heavy redboy male or my heavy jeep/redboy male who has never been bred, but acts like a champion like his sire: (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=170740). See what yall think and get back with me.

Gameboy864 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by undamineknls
    if your stuff is good and she is a good one. take her to your best male on your yard and time will tell you if it was a good breeding you did. i keep it real. cuz bashing is for curs
    Great advice. Even better beliefe on bashing. Good call!

Gameboy864 Guest

Good idea. I was trying to stay away from more of the eli stuff, because I'm terrified of what may happen as far as start up time is concerned. I believe. You must be very careful when breeding heavy eli dogs. A buddy of mine has a pure chinaman dog(http://apbtpedigrees.com/printpedigr...recordID=40279) full brother to ch. moon cricket. Take a look, it's very impressive. He's also a very good producer. It would be double frisco really, and I like that better than pure chinaman because of it's quarter out of bolio. I don't think these would be slow starters. Maybe only other option is to take her to a heavy redboy male or my heavy jeep/redboy male who has never been bred, but acts like a champion like his sire: (http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=170740). See what yall think and get back with me.
    Sorry all,
    Just spoke to my buddy and Kirby is no longer with us. He was sold to a good dogman in South Amercica (Chile). I'll still maybe try his son I have, which is a 50/50 cross Honeybunch Chinaman.

They say good dogs are where you find them but what of they don't have papers on them. Keep searching keep searching.

midnight cowboy blood is go we have it comeing trew "Thurmonds Cracker Jack"

youngboyzinc

Quote Originally Posted by youngboyzinc View Post
    midnight cowboy blood is go we have it comeing trew "Thurmonds Cracker Jack"

youngboyzinc
    Have one myself by way of Cracker Jack. Like him a lot. Very hard driving hound.

like it more with the nig toby blood //

Quote Originally Posted by AGK View Post
    Have one myself by way of Cracker Jack. Like him a lot. Very hard driving hound.
    they get the job dog i can say that

youngboyzinc

That is a midnight cowboy/ rascal dog the I had some of that blood before u should breed her back to some of your stuff or I have shorty cowboy male to breed her to