+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default catchdog training

this is my girl lisa getting her first taste of a pig.

catching by the ear already. this doesn't hurt the pig, she don't bite hard enough to even break the skin yet. and when you start em this young they learn to hold better. kinda wierd how she's looking dead at the camera.

this is red. got a helluva bite, good catchdog, hardheaded as hell but a good catch.
    this some pigs he's caught past couple months

and this the tusk that cut me up. was a small boar wasn't expecting it to have teeth, well i was wrong, he come untied in the dogbox i reached in to grab him, he slices my hand i could see my knuckle in my thumb. then i used red to get him out for me lol.

Default Re: catchdog training

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

RED is a GOOD LOOKING LIL BULLDOG!!!! Hows he bred?

Yes, I agree! Red looks like a warrior! How old is he and what's his weight? To me he looks about 35lbs?

Very cool. I was actually think about this today, and now see you can answer some of my questions. How do you know if a dog will be a good catchdog? Do you find out through training or some other way? How do you train the dog? Any info. or websites, etc. would be appreciated!

That is a nice hog. Red is a nice dog. How is he bred and how many has he caught?

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandjean
    Very cool. I was actually think about this today, and now see you can answer some of my questions. How do you know if a dog will be a good catchdog? Do you find out through training or some other way? How do you train the dog? Any info. or websites, etc. would be appreciated!
    hi
    the questions interests me too.
    also
    - what to look for in the dog's acting and negative signs to pay attention?

I've gotta agree, Red is a cool looking little bulldog. Got any more pictures of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pipbull
    I've gotta agree, Red is a cool looking little bulldog. Got any more pictures of him?
    better yet, anymore pics of him catchin!! Good work

I've got a video of my old house dog Heidi catching. If I can figure out how to get it to disc, I'll post it. I thought she was going to shake the ear of the damn thing. I was a proud mofo that day. I'd never done anything with her as far as sporting goes. I just wanted to see if she'd catch and boy did she...And yes, that little red dog is a looker...

i just put em on a hog, see how they do, sometimes they have to be there with another dog to get the idea. haven't sent off on the pedigree for red yet so not exactly sure, i'll get some better pics of him, thems some old pics, about 2 months ago, he's heavier than what he looks in the pic, he's ALOT of muscle. he tipped the scale a while back when i fattened him up for winter at about 70lbs, but i've put him on my cable, and he's toned up, took him off, for a few days because the damn rain had the pole pulling out the ground, put him back on the cable about 3 days ago, i'll get some good pics, he's a solid dog, he's about a year and a half, gettin time for me to send off for his paper work. he's hardheaded as hell though, he's caught a few, still young, he's killed a couple small pigs. i know i'm goin to get some stuff about not knowing exactly how he's bred but i know who he came from, and know they have good dogs.
    Last edited by bulldog426; 02-21-2008 at 11:27 PM.

thanks for the pics bro good luck!!!!!

thanks for the hint

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandjean View Post

You can test your dog in a pen 1st to see if it can cut the mus$#@!!

Jon is a ABA & UCDA titled Catch Dog judge, he can offer CDI's titles at his place thru out the year for all you Hog Catching enthusiasts.

http://www.desertrockkennels.com/about%20us.htm

I'm looking to do some hog hunting in my area i stay in central florida i need to find out where i can get a pig to train my dogs with befor i take them to the woods any help would be appreciated i have 1apbt and 2 bullies 3 if you include my buddies female even dough they are bullies they are pretty athletic not overly fat like you see all the time i run my 2 on the tread mil every day for a hour to make sure of that the ages of my dogs are 6,2 and a year old and do i need a cur dog or can i hunt with only pitbulls oh and im about to get a jeep/redboy cross male that will be added to the pack as well

why do newbs always dig up old threads? happens EVERY time.

Because if they don't and ask a question they will be told to use the search. Question is why would anybody want or try to hog hunt with a damn bully.

The bullies are the hogs, the other dog hunts them :P lol

LMAO, Irish... better watch them tusks...

Not to stir the pot, but I've seen some BYB mutts work the Hell out of some hogs