+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gladiator Kennels

Hey guys i was checking out this website www.gladiatorkennels.com and i have to say im really impressed, even though the dogs run a little bigger than your typical game dog,their conformation is outstanding and these dogs show alot power and prey drive,wanted some opions on this kennel and do you think they pass as a true APBT,thanks

Default Re: Gladiator Kennels

I'm not impressed. Esepcially at these prices!
    Dogs start at $1000 and go up to $3000.
    I've got some OFRN blood (old dogs) here and even the largest one is 75 lbs and fat. They've all been in the upper 50's & low to mid 60's when conditioned. I am baffled at how people seem to think that OFRN dogs are supposed to be 80-90 lb dogs.

i see castillo, camelot, dangerzone in the peds. while i cant speak for all owners, i know several owners of the castillo and camelot dogs, and drive is a serious issue. my female maiden is half camelot, one quarter castillo, and she has next to no drive. its ok though, riot is showing her what its all about.

Yeah, those dogs don't impress me at all.. maybe if you want to a bad ass "West Coast Bully" club member.

Not my cup of tea either. Our McCool/OFR girl is 38lbs @ 25 months and she was a gift...

http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/pub...?dog_id=193976

Sorry I couldn't help more.

I looked at them for a while -- out of interest, not out of a desire to get a dog from them -- and I'm not that impressed either. Dogs are too big, and they seem to only title and health-test some of the time. If you're going to do things right only some of the time, why bother?

i understand where u guys are coming from about the size and the price but watch the videos these dogs do have very good prey drive,and their not bully at all

Quote Originally Posted by hardmouth87
    i understand where u guys are coming from about the size and the price but watch the videos these dogs do have very good prey drive,and their not bully at all
    A few videos don't mean much IMO. As for not being bully, they are bred down from dogs that were bred for their overall size, head size, chest size, & "temperament." And many a Camelot and Dangerzone dogs look more like Dogue de Bordeauxs.....I wonder why.

You have to look at the bigger picture. And in this case, I'd look away from someone who does nothing with their dogs yet charges $3,000 for a pup when you can get a much better pup for $2,700 less.

Quoted from the site:

"MANGO is our first french bulldog. at first sight we began to laugh but believe it or not she has more drive than alot of dogs we've seen, and believe us we've seen alot of dogs."

Sooo, I'm not gonna buy it on the whole "drive" thing. A lot of dogs have drive to different things, I'm not sure you can evaluate it from just a couple videos of them hanging from ropes.

Miakoda, why such an odd number like $2700? lol, I don't mean anything by it, just a weird number to pull out of this air.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipbull
    Quoted from the site:

"MANGO is our first french bulldog. at first sight we began to laugh but believe it or not she has more drive than alot of dogs we've seen, and believe us we've seen alot of dogs."

Sooo, I'm not gonna buy it on the whole "drive" thing. A lot of dogs have drive to different things, I'm not sure you can evaluate it from just a couple videos of them hanging from ropes.

Miakoda, why such an odd number like $2700? lol, I don't mean anything by it, just a weird number to pull out of this air.
    LOL. I was implying that for $300, one can get a better pup with better breeding than some of those $3,000 dogs. Hence the $2,700 difference.

I think she's saying you can get better for $300.00

Quote Originally Posted by miakoda
    LOL. I was implying that for $300, one can get a better pup with better breeding than some of those $3,000 dogs. Hence the $2,700 difference.
    Fastest gun in the south right there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol, oh.

And ya, that's some quick draw replying right there

I agree that maybe they blow themselves up a bit about their dogs but i still think they are good looking animals, i would own one but not for $3000. Certainly look like they are doing better than these 100 pounders who do good to breath on their own. As far as how they are bred you can't judge a dog by that, I have a bigger dog Madden who is Castillo/tufftown/dynamite red rock stuff and he has plenty of drive, just like his daddy, who is hell on a hog also. I wouldn't want to be the dog to tell Madden, or his Daddy, he's not a bulldog because his pedigree doesn't prove it.

Madden
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=224547

I agree those are some awesome looking dogs. I would get one but not for that price.

I wouldn't buy a dog from someone off the internet period. Everything can look great on a website.....but it doesn't mean it's great in person.

People really need to get to know those from whom they wish to obtain a dog. Putting money or credit card numbers in the hands of the internet anonymous is a major downfall to this breed.

heres a big pup gettin pushed by a younger "gamier" pup at playtime. guess who never g$#@!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DCFC0167 (2).JPG‎
Views:	166
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	7501  
    Last edited by Lee D; 01-03-2008 at 04:24 PM.

11 month camelot/castillo...5 month fat bill x jeep/redboy/rascal

sorry man, didnt mean to hijack your thread, my advice, save your money and shop around awhile. dont fall for that XXL crap, some are allright to look at, but my point was that if you are an active person, you ll wear one out easily.

thanks for your opions but im not going to purchase one of these dogs i also believe that the price is too high but my point is that i think these dogs look and move great for their size,and some one made a remark about their dogs weighing 80-90 pounds but their biggest dog is 80 and they only bred him once,the main stud dogs weigh 60-70,but every one has their own taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by woody d
    sorry man, didnt mean to hijack your thread, my advice, save your money and shop around awhile. dont fall for that XXL crap, some are allright to look at, but my point was that if you are an active person, you ll wear one out easily.